Thread: XR5, should I?
View Single Post
Old 17-03-2007, 12:33 AM   #1
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default XR5, should I?

Hi All,

I'm liking the look of the XR5. What's the good and the bad of them? We've got four at work but I've so far not been able to catch any of the owners in the car park for a chat.

I've read a stack of reviews and like what I'm reading. I've also watched a couple of youtube clips. One fanging an XR5 around the mountains in Melbourne at night, sounds very nice indeed.

I've never owned a front wheel drive car before so this is a whole new world. I'll be getting out of a BA XR8 ute. What can I expect in comparison with performance.

From what I've been able the gather around the web the 0-100 times are around 6.7 and the 400m in rougly 15.3 seconds. Does that sound about right? So the XR5 is roughly .3 of a second behind to 100 and .6 over the quarter. I can live with that until I pile on some mods.

Performance isn't the only driver for going the XR5 route. I need a smaller car and something that can carry a couple of mates. What's passenger leg room like in the back? I'm six foot, are my back passengers going to have to sit on their legs?

How do reliability and service costs stack up? Any big quality issues like with the BA/BF falcon range?

Thanks for any info.
Michael...

BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote