Thread: XR5, should I?
View Single Post
Old 17-03-2007, 03:22 AM   #4
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Yeah, your on the money in regard to a test drive. I won't be laying down cash before I take one or a spin. I'm still a few months off purchase so am in research mode.

I just found an article talking about the ST(XR5) receiving a gong for the most reliable car in the 1-3 year range. I also found something that mentioned an AWD turbo focus being shown at the Euro motor show in March 07. That would be seriouly interesting.

I've been looking at wrx's but don't like the styling. Insurance is a damn sight better on the Focus too. I received a quote for $780 from aami and they wouldn't even touch me with a wrx.

I've driven two front wheel drive cars breifly in the past and did find them a little odd. But only when seriously fanging it. I guess its not really right comparing the handling of a Dawoo Cielo and pov pack lancer to an XR5 though. ;)

I'm after something small and zippy to do the commute to the city everyday and have a bit of fun in the hills on the weekend. An XR5 is looking to be a good option thus far.

By the way Simon, I'd have to agree on the exhaust note. The one I've heard has had a little work on the induction and exhaust side, it sounds absolutely brilliant.

Doc, I can always fire up the GT, clevo power ute(soon to be turbo), or EF 4.0 turbo if I'm feeling the need to hang the rear out. But thanks for the input, always good to hear a range of opinions.
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote