View Single Post
Old 13-04-2019, 06:39 PM   #107
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: NBN so far, whats your experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgt_doofey View Post
Being an old house, it's probably had a phone connected at some stage in its life, so the copper is probably already there.

If you're slated to get FTTN and want to upgrade to FTTP, expect the quote to be very expensive. They'll have to run fibre from the node to your house, so if the node is a fair distance away, then it can be quite expensive. You can probably share the cost if other houses on your street also want to go fibre.
being an old house copper was there , yes
ive owned the house over 12 years now and it was dug up some time before i owned it , found out trying to connect a phone line back then and with the expense to have one re fitted well it wasnt worth it
the cable does run down my street , and i was under the belief it was able to be tapped in to at the curb as thats where it is (15mtrs of cable to travel and thats the telstra pit from my power box location side of house max) even tho the node is miles away
and i may be wrong but my suburb for its size doesnt have many nodes and all adjoining ones are FTTC so across the road from me they have FTTC
so why pay for a copper line upgrade old tech just to connect may as well stay wireless for now then
oh and the house is already smart wired cat6

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
wodahs is offline   Reply With Quote