Thread: Covid 19 -
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 05:18 PM   #7494
leesa

Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
Thanks, I just read it, and it just confirms everything I said. You need to read it properly, not just for some confirmation of bias. It is full of “mays” and “mights”. main part is about long term effects of ICU stays - not specifically covid. Nothing in it says anything to do as a direct result of Covid, apart from the inflammation - but other pre existing afflictions. So in that, it is exactly like other respiratory diseases.
That's not what it says at all. I'm not sure how you came to dismiss everything it's saying and decide it's not linked to covid.

Quote:
Autopsy data from COVID patients in Finland suggests that another major cause of brain damage is lack of oxygen. Particularly worrisome is that several of the patients who were autopsied did not show any signs of brain injury during the course of their COVID infection — yet all had brain damage. In one patient there was loss of taste, and in two there was “minimal respiratory distress,” but none of these patients were thought to have any brain damage while alive.

There is one inevitable conclusion from these studies: COVID infection frequently leads to brain damage — particularly in those over 70. While sometimes the brain damage is obvious and leads to major cognitive impairment, more frequently the damage is mild, leading to difficulties with sustained attention.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweeked View Post
If it was as bad as what the sky is falling people are saying there would be hundreds upon hundreds of stories of aussies unable to get out of be still, those stories are not there. The media would be all over it. We have at an absolute bare minimum 25000 people who have recovered. Some people just want this to be worse that what any evidence shows.
There are plenty of articles on covid long haulers. Pretty easy to claim they don't exist if you don't go looking for them though.

2 users like this post: