Thread: MB XR5 Headunit
View Single Post
Old 22-04-2022, 03:19 PM   #1
Doddski
Starter Motor

Default MB XR5 Headunit

Hi all,
I changed the headunit from the factory Sony unit, to my Alpine ILZ702D last week.
Install went easy enough - I used the Aerpro facia and wiring adaptor kits to make it all plug and play.
Unit, steering wheel remote works, and the bluetooth is all working correctly as well.
This unit will also do Android Auto via USB, the unit requires that the park brake wire is connected up to the car.
In my last car I had this unit in, (2002 Mitsubishi Magna AWD) - the electronics where much simpler, and the loom I needed to tap into was just there / nice and close for the hand brake.
Question for those that have done it, where is the handbrake wire that I will need to tap to, so I can get all the functions of the headunit again. The car wont have a hissy fit?

I want to do some wiring tidy work (the adaptor loom is 51596165156.6M long, and fitting it all behind the dash was a tough call, but I got it all in there with some convincing.) I have planned out in my mind how I will sort this out when i run the USB cable to the head unit.
Doddski is offline   Reply With Quote