View Single Post
Old 29-04-2021, 07:18 PM   #3
galaxy xr8
Giddy up.

Default Re: AUII XR8 just lost all power while driving ?.

It has a whirring sound that to me is coming from the alternator, I thought the sound might have the been the Cam sync but it's a real whirring high pitched sort of sound that is coming from near the alternator area I believe.

Where would I find the ignition module if it has one as it's the exact same symptoms as my old laser used to do, would just loose all power and then would start again if left sit for a few minutes but it was just a matter of time till it died once again, till eventually it would die and then never start.

I have noticed that since I changed the leads and plugs out for new ones it felt strong and good yet again but that was a few weeks back now and in the last few days it seems as though it has lost some power when initially stomping on the loud pedal !!, I'm not sure if its just me feeling things or if it has but it feels that way, this is what lead me to think of the coil packs as well, but I'm not sure if they have these sort of symptoms when failing, as in just die completely but start again ?, idle might be a bit on the funny side at times but it's hard to tell as it's always been like this in the 200kw with the cam and its very faint if there is an idea issue or once again I'm just not diagnosing it right ?.

I've also just installed a brand new battery this week and checked the terminals, all tight.

Last edited by galaxy xr8; 29-04-2021 at 07:25 PM.
galaxy xr8 is offline   Reply With Quote