View Single Post
Old 17-06-2019, 05:40 PM   #44
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Digital Driver Licence statewide rollout

An acquaintance of mine lived up in in the Hunter, while not exactly off the beaten track it's a (larger) area prone to being cut off every couple of years in protracted heavy rain.

The local storekeeper hadn't changed and would plan for periods of high demand with no restocking or power, but the "new blood" coming in were often unprepared for the relative isolation. They failed to comprehend that with no power, no reliable phone signal, electronic payment for bread, milk, the basics, wasn't an option. And they had no cash.

The shopkeeper would keep a ledger and send out invoices when the waters receded and services resumed. No surcharge for provision of credit. What old mate, his friends and the shopkeeper found blackly funny about this, was the smart new blood frequently needed a good hounding to pay down the debt.
Citroënbender is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: