View Single Post
Old 23-01-2016, 12:49 PM   #12
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: Cruise Control Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binny View Post
This really bothers the heck out of me. This is supposed to be a global car and I have no doubt that this issue is occurring and has been resolved all over the world.
Ford as a global entity should be putting knowledge base systems in place that allow their dealers to input symptoms and view other cases around the world and what was done to fix them. Instead they leave the dealers to clutch at straws replacing various parts to see if it fixes the issue. The biggest problem with this is that when the warranty is up it is us the owners that pay for all the unnecessary parts changes.
We live in an information age and Ford (as well as other manufacturers no doubt) need to catch up.
This is true but for this to occur the dealer has to put the report into the correct reporting system(s) into Ford of which there are two for dealers. Most of the time dealers fail to do so and thus Ford are none the wiser! Are you sure the dealer has reported correctly or are they just saying they have. Dont always assume that it is the case. I have seen situations were concerns are not raised with the manufacturer for weeks or even months after the event or when it all turns to poo..
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote