View Single Post
Old 18-05-2016, 04:21 AM   #148
MattSAU2XR8

Default Re: BA-FG Monoblock 4 Pot Brake Upgrade

I've actually been looking at doing this myself - I think its likely a Chrysler 300c front disc would work OK with an FG 298 mm front caliper bracket and a dogbone about 15 mm thick:
- Bolt circle is slightly larger at 115 mm (1/2 mm diff) but can't see this being a problem, certainly that a very gentle filing couldn't fix
- Caliper could move out by about 25 mm to allow clearance at edge of caliper since designed for smaller diameter curve
- Might need to shave about 1.5 mm from middle of outside radius of pad since slightly different curve, as per above
- Probably easiest to run allen bolts back through the dog bone and the strut so no threaded holes in dogbone, I think this should clear the disc OK
- Would need a hub centric shim for the disc, about 1 mm, available anyway an google, or use some exhaust tubing
- Line would need to be about 4 cm longer for best fit

That said, still have the problem of large diameter disc being pretty thin. Perfect situation I think would be a 32 mm disc anywhere between 340 mm (Territory) and 355 mm (FPV). Only hiccup is finding a suitable caliper. I guess the other option might be a 30 mm thick disc which would still be an improvement on 28 mm....

If you have a 30 mm disc already available then for Australian market I think a VE caliper might be best since readily available??

BTW, if I decided to try the Chrysler disc idea, is there any chance you could arrange to supply some brackets if I sent you a drawing??

Regards,

Matt
MattSAU2XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote