View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 04:37 PM   #54
Peuty
Afterburner + skids =
Donating Member1

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011G6E View Post
I'm just happy no one has yet dismissed someones complaints with a smug "First world problems" ******** statement...

The whole dismissive "first world problems" crap is based on one idea: in a first world country, you obviously aren't allowed to have problems, and anything that annoys you should instead make you sit back and think of the starving chillins in some other country.

To hell with that ridiculous philosophy...a problem is a problem...problems that you have will be completely different to a problem someone in a third world country will have. That doesn't make them any less of a problem for the person it affects.
I've seen those "funny" pictures where someone has, for instance, locked their keys in the car, or dropped an ice cream, or something, and someone will have added lettering saying "first world problems".
The fact is, for the person it happens to, it is a problem...and to be blunt, someone in a primitive village in the Congo isn't going to have the same problems as you do, so it is irrelevant to them in those "third world countries".

So I suppose that's what grinds my gears...people who smugly dismiss your mention of lifes problems with a glib "First world problems" saying...

Oo\===/oO
Peuty is offline   Reply With Quote
17 users like this post: