View Single Post
Old 15-06-2019, 12:38 PM   #33
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: older vs younger generation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
Jeeesuus, with all this crap, floating around, I'm wiff Cav, my first car cost me 70pounds. Petrol was one & tuppence a gallon.
My second car will remain nameless, cause Fiat.
My 3rd car cost me $250, an HR Ute.
Always fixed my own cars, built my own house (1990). My first home was built in 1894 and I put in my own power, a two pot Lister diesel running a Samford alternator.
Me TV used to pulse in time with the genset, so we wrapped a bit of old copper fly wire around the alternator and that fixed it.
Built me own fences , shod me own nags & serviced me own tractors and all the bits you dragged around the paddocks. Kept everything running myself. Butchered me own meat, grew me own veggies, too.

Can't believe the young, can't do anything themselves. Generally they are just spending machines.
Good onyer Cav, I'm with you.
Keeps the economy going

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dchil View Post
Young people aren't car people for the most part. There is a minority of enthusiasts out there but what you are looking at is the last in a long line of rev heads when you see someone young running around in a Nissan skyline or Toyota supra.

Most people just see vehicles as appliances, and not many people want to buy a used washing machine. This includes the older generation.
I work in the automotive industry and there's two blokes out of all 40 of us who has an interest in cars in the business - whats that tell you.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: