View Single Post
Old 13-07-2017, 09:24 PM   #19
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 
Default Re: MC Mondeo - Trailer wiring - genuine Ford loom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bf2fairmont View Post
My MC you can just turn off parking sensors by pressing the button on the dash when you want! Ford struggled to connect the module I had and managed to connect it but somehow messed up the parking sensors (I have it booked back in for them to fix it after the school holidays!) Ford Module didn't work with LED lights on my trailer so I went to a 3rd party towbar place and they removed the Ford module and put their 3rd party module and wiring in for $150 fitted and works sweet with LED lights. I spent $120 just in labour for Ford dealer to connect Ford module and mess things up. In hindsight if not a new vehicle and just plug and play would steer away from a dealer in future. programming of Ford computer I would only worry about if you are going to tow heavy trailers! I will only occasionally tow garden trailer and nothing serious...
My ten cents...
Cheers
For LED trailers you also need the patch harness with part number AB3915436BF at around $50 from Ford to stop the LED lights flashing on your trailer.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...ABhScNnJDEK0SE
GTLEGEND is offline   Reply With Quote