Thread: Thieving scum.
View Single Post
Old 17-05-2018, 05:24 PM   #18
ozpacman
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Thieving scum.

R'cam I'd go for a bit of a walk around the neighbourhood and keep an eye out in gardens and so on.

This sounds like the work of an opportunistic thief who has grabbed the delivery hoping to find it contained easily sold or swappable items. I reckon that once they unpacked them they probably may have discarded the contents and packaging. The average scumbag thief would not see value in your consignment as they're generally not 'car people'.

I would also report it to police. You may think it's pointless, however I can tell you from many years of personal experience that sometimes the most difficult task for investigators when charging a property crime offender is finding owners for the gear that they invariably have stashed away in their homes and sheds. Officers spend a lot of time trying to identify property from these hauls by trawling through burglary and theft reports. If you haven't reported it then they won't know to call you.

Also I'd have a yarn with everyone around your address to see who has security cameras pointing out to the street. These things are popping up everywhere now that the price has come down on them so much over recent years. Most people that go to the trouble of fitting them just love playing amateur sleuth when there's an incident like this in their neighbourhood.

Hope you have some luck with it mate. I think most here would have very similar viewpoints when it comes to thieves, so we're feeling your frustration.

Russ.
ozpacman is offline   Reply With Quote
3 users like this post: