View Single Post
Old 29-03-2014, 10:17 PM   #5
hainzy
Starter Motor

Default Re: Survivor - auto V6 GT Mk1 Capri....

Thanks guys.
No real plans for the blue one as its really badly rusted. Thought i might restore it initially but when I poked around I realised its just too far gone, and then I got onto the GT so never looked back. The blue one will just be for spares while restoring the green one.

Saddle interior for the GT hey? Cool. It will be getting a retrim at some stage down the track but Id like to keep it as original possible. Im guessing Ill do it in the same black though as thats part of the story of the car. Are those back seats more of a UK style than the aussie assembled ones then?

I havent had the carpets up yet but it seems excellent for rust so far. Fingers crossed...

Are the autos rare? Well considering there was umpteen thousands of these cars made I guess nothing is totally rare but Im assuming they were mostly manuals?

What is the air box? Sorry nooby quaestion...

Yep all up it seems beautifully original so Id like to do a respectful resto and keep things as they are. If you want any more pics of anything in particular then let me know and Ill post them up.

Thanks for the help and Im sure Ill be picking your brains once i get around to beginning on this..

Once I have the torana up and running that is...

My little helper is keen though.

And heres the other two ive done up. (If you can excuse the holden factor :-)

hainzy is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: