View Single Post
Old 30-06-2013, 12:40 PM   #94
twr7cx

Default Re: Ford Falcon BA-FG Coilovers

A couple of installation pictures:

I found that after installing them and adjusting them to the desired height they sagged 7mm after I actually drove the vehicle out of the driveway. I realised this on Friday morning when I was about to take it to get the wheel alignment done. So I readjusted them 7mm higher and they were perfect when they sagged again. The wheel alignment will be on Monday now then I'll be able to test them out and comment on the actual performance of them.

I also found that a 1mm height increase on the spring base equaled approximately a 2mm height increase from hub to guard measurement.

I have adjusted mine up to standard XR height which matches my rear leaf springs. There's enough adjustment for the spring base to raise the front all the way to standard height (XT/Futura style) if you desired.

The only other thing I noted during the installation is that the included nuts are smaller in their diameter than the original units (you can see the wear on the inner guards paint job in the first picture from the larger OEM nuts). Also the OEM units are nylock while the Shockworks are flanged nuts.
2 users like this post: