View Single Post
Old 30-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #97
twr7cx

Default Re: Ford Falcon BA-FG Coilovers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra View Post
Do you adjust the height from the spring seat or the other nut at the bottom of the shock?
I adjusted the height using the two nuts on the shock absorbers shaft to lift up the spring base.

The lower nut is to lock the base (the fork part which bolts to the lower control arm) to the shock absorber body. Reference my first batch of pictures showing this removed.

I suppose you could unwind the fork from the shock absorber body which would also increase the height, but I didn't do it by this method as my experience with other coil overs is the height adjustment is done by adjusting the spring base. I'm sure Brett will confirm if this is correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepscobra View Post
Did you do anything with the preload?
I'm not technically versed, so I don't actually know what preload is or if it's adjustable.

I do however, assume that these are a single rate spring, so even though the spring may be being a bit compressed by me raising the spring base, I would assume the spring rate is still therefore the same? Is that how it works?

I have the shock adjustment set to the softest setting at the moment and I'll play around with it while I drive the car.
This user likes this post: