View Single Post
Old 23-06-2018, 02:23 PM   #12
auIILTD
5.6L x 2 pilot
Donating Member2

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the effort put into the Australia day cruise to Albury Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: AU Tech article. 
Default Re: Help to raise my AU 5.0 idle rpm

Vortex, I think everyone was just advising not to adjust the idle screw. The tune for a 200 and a 220 are relatively the same. I would assume that they are both aiming for a target idle of 774. The ISC is the first thing that I would be looking at to ensure it is clean and not sticking as this is how the EEC controls the idle.

Do you have an ELM327 and Forscan? If you do, I would be interested when idling what your ISCDTY is sitting at. This is a measure of how hard the ISC is working to achieve the desired idle speed.

There is a way of resetting your idle speed but this is fairly advance and rarely needed on a standart TB setup. I have only used this process when moving to an aftermarket TB setup and once a newly supercharged stock TB.

Cheers
Stu

5.6L 342ci T3 Short, AFR165 heads, Comp XE270HR-12 Cam, Brembo 4/4s(355/330), T3 5 spokes, LC-1 wideband, Whiteline HD swaybars, TCE 3K Hi Stall, PWR Auto Trans Cooler, Koni shocks, King Low Springs, Hurricane headers, 100 cpsi cats, Twin 2.5" exhaust.

Quarter Mile: 13.73 @ 105.86mph

Runner Up NA/DA to BF Fairlane/LTD Geelong AFD 2024

2002 XR8 pursuit 250

Custom twin 2.5" exhaust w Herrod modifed extractors, Tuned with Moates QH
auIILTD is offline   Reply With Quote
2 users like this post: