View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 08:00 PM   #254
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Single use plastic bag ban by Government

Quote:
Men are avoiding reusable shopping bags so they won't look gay

“People may avoid certain behaviors because they are managing the gendered impression they anticipate others will have of them."

New research conducted at Penn State University in the US has found that traditional gender roles are causing some men to ignore their responsibilities to the environment.

According to Penn State professor of psychology Janet K. Swim, men can be unwilling to perform environmentally friendly tasks if they perceive them as 'gendered', such as using reusable shopping bags.

“There may be subtle, gender-related consequences when we engage in various pro-environmental behaviors,” Swim said.

“People may avoid certain behaviors because they are managing the gendered impression they anticipate others will have of them. Or they may be avoided if the behaviors they choose do not match their gender.”
https://www.sbs.com.au/topics/sexual...-wont-look-gay

No, I just buy new ones every time because its just a BS money grab under environmentalism - they've just made you pay for thicker more robust plastic bags, its not like they've completely stopped distributing them.

I'm not taking bags to the shops - thats their job to provide the bags and pack my goods for me
This user likes this post: