View Single Post
Old 07-03-2019, 11:24 AM   #31
Ibaker
Mondeo MD Titanium Wagon

Default Re: MD Diesel Transmission Woes

GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT GUESS WHAT....YAHOO...WOOHOO...Looks like they have finally found the problem.

I may be jumping the gun here but my Ford dealer has just called me and said that after looking at the car, reviewing the videos and checking all software and reported codes they have said the the gearbox failures are due to a faulty EGR (Exhaust Gas Recirculation) Valve. They have advised that the fault with the valve will present itself after some distance of driving first which explains to me why it happens on my trips like Melb - Syd.

My normal trip between Melb and Syd is always with the cruise control set and the odd times, if my bladder lasts, they may be non stop for the some 900klm trip or most times just one stop for the toilet so the car is not stopping and starting It may also explain why I always got around 6.2 to 6.4 liters per 100klm fuel economy and then suddenly started getting 5.5 which I thought was pretty strange, and did advise the Ford dealer of this but not sure if it was an indicator of anything.

Well, the Ford dealer is waiting for the part to arrive tomorrow and will advise. I am in Melb this weekend but not sure if it will be ready so have flights booked and paid for out of Melb on Monday and won't be back home for 2 weeks. It will be a very cautious drive in it for a little while until I can become confident in the Mondeo again.

Fingers crossed
2019 Focus Titanium with sunroof and HUD

Last edited by Ibaker; 07-03-2019 at 11:39 AM.
Ibaker is offline   Reply With Quote
4 users like this post: