View Single Post
Old 03-09-2022, 12:26 AM   #178
asimplelife
mechanical novice hopeful
Donating Member2

Default Re: 2001 AUII ute immobilizer problems

His last post ever was the one in this thread...it sounds like he gave up.
Because no one has answered you yet, I'll tell you what I would do in your position, but I don't know much, and someone who knows more might still help.

You need a device with forscan software with an extended licence and a working OBD adapter (am pretty sure all that is detailed earlier here if you need that).
I prefer a windows laptop and a USB OBD adapter. Less potential issues.
Then you need 2 working keys and hopefully they are originals.
If one or both are clones, they may still work, depending on the type of clone (again there is info earlier in this thread on how to work around 1 working key with foil).

Then I would follow the prompts in forscan to do the key reset.
If your ECU and BEM are ok, this should resolve your problem.
As I understand it the ECU/BEM can just lose it's programming and this will fix that (although I have not had this problem - but I have swapped ECU's before - which causes the same effect - and this process does work).

If the process completes but your problem still exists, then it is likely to be a faulty ECU or BEM.
If you've just got a standard 6 cyl ute then you can probably pick up both from a wreck for $50.
If you have an XR/V8 then you might have to search harder for the ECU. Ebay is usually good still. But I believe it must be a ute ecu.
I think all S2 & S3 BEM's are pink and the the same? If they don't come as a pair.
asimplelife is offline   Reply With Quote
This user likes this post: