View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 07:39 PM   #43
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Default Re: suspension issues with a BFIII wagon.

Welcome to the forums mate, there's plenty to learn around here if you take a look .
As for suspension sag, never heard of that before and I've been driving dual fuel Ford wagons since 06. Our last AU went 450k without sagging on the drivers side and is still going strong as a shearers bus last I heard.

You certainly don't need an extra leaf in the rear just to carry a spare and gas tank. Mine is set up like that because it was built up to pull a 25' caravan before we bought it. I'd like to remove the extra springs but the missus won't hear of it, and it's her car not mine.
If yours is a series III like ours it has Dynamic Stability Control so will pull the car straight if it senses a slide, otherwise your cars tendency to want to slide is because of those extra leaves in the rear springs making the rear too stiff compared to the front.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote