View Single Post
Old 01-07-2021, 09:52 PM   #48
Mondaveo

Default Re: Battery monitoring system reset

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondeo View Post
Only minor problem now is I have a 10 month old battery which is 0 days old!
Me too. Replacement battery installed 12 months ago, now "1 day" in service as of today.

Quote:
No, I don't have fog lights, but there's a !@#$ing push button on the dash light control which has the fog light symbol.

Why press that I wondered, if there's no fog lights?

It seems the answer is to reset the BMS. Crazy.
That's hilarious

Actually, I reckon you ought to double check your assertion about no fog lights on your LX. I bet you'll find you do in fact have rear fog lights - they're integrated into the taillight assemblies (you'll have to turn your light switch at least to parkers for them to operate). I think it's a Euro thing; front fog lamps might be optional, but even on the base model you get the rears for free - the Astra SXi I had prior to the Mondy was the same deal.

Since the button combo worked, I have a hunch now that FORScan can perform the BMS Reset also through that operations menu I mentioned above. Previously I only tried to use it while the engine was running (because there was no suggestion it should be otherwise); but since the button combo requires the engine off, I'm guessing it should be off for invoking in FORScan too. I'm not in a hurry to try just now though - since I've got one reset, let's see how it goes for a bit first.

Quote:
Like 'Mondeo' is possibly Latin for gearbox anxiety.
Mondaveo is offline   Reply With Quote