View Single Post
Old 19-10-2020, 09:57 PM   #92
Luke Plaizier
Lukeyson
Donating Member1

Default Re: WQ Fiesta Options not available in Oz

Progress on the 3D printing prototyping of actuator and blower controller mounts that can be retrofitted to the standard heater box with as few modifcations as possible. It consists of:
  1. Top Right: The Outlet Register Actuator Mount (Face/Feet/Demist). This one took 8 iterations but it fits well now.
  2. Top Left: The Temperature Blend Door Actuator - I've only just started on that one, but it already fits pretty close and just needs fine tuning now.
  3. Bottom: The Blower Motor Controller that needs to fit in the spot where the standard Blower resistor normally goes.

The two actuators don't need any modifications to the Heater Box itself. They could in fact just be glued in place, but I am putting small holes in places I know that there will be no interference in the box so that screws can be used.

The Blower Controller will need a big hole cut out of the box for this to work. I am doing my full due dilligence to test everything clears before I start to make any cuts, but the location in the image I think will work. On the factory auto climate box the controller is actually fitted quite a bit further to the left in the image, necessitating quite a large bit of extra moulding beyond the current sides of the box. In fact, the two actuators are not quite in the same place as the factory actuator locations either, but I feel resonably confident that I can make these locations work through the calibration settings in the EATC module.

Lukeyson