Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 09-11-2006, 07:21 PM   #1
Curly
SOLD: 2006 LS Focus LX

Default Not Happy!

We took our car back to Sam Gould Ford today to get some of the faults fixed in our new Focus. They fixed a speaker that didn't work and adjusted a headlight that was rubbing on the bonnet and told us that the tint company that they use (Australian Auto Tint in Ringwood) had come and fixed the crap tint job. Now the car is home we have discovered that NONE of the tint imperfections have even been touched. (lots of creases & bubbles). We rang the Ford dealer and were told it's not their problem and we'll have to take it up with the tint people. We were under the impression that we bought the tint from the dealer but they are not interested. Great customer service. Beware of buying from this dealer and tint company. I will let you know how our discussion with the Sales Manager goes tomorrow.

Curly is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 07:29 PM   #2
Forest Bear

If bought as part of aftersales it comes under manufacturer warranty. From what you've told us, it is their problem.
Forest Bear is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 07:39 PM   #3
Curly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Bear
If bought as part of aftersales it comes under manufacturer warranty. From what you've told us, it is their problem.
Can you clarify this for me please? It is listed on the contract with our other extras, metallic paint, reversing sensors etc. All the extras have "no charge" written under them. We were lead to believe it was all a "package". Once we picked up the car we found out that the tint is done by some company in Ringwood. So is that a dealer issue or our problem to sort out with the tint people?
Old 09-11-2006, 07:51 PM   #4
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

It should come under the car warranty.

It was purchased with the car therefore they should be fixing it up for you, especially as they told that the company had come to fix the tint for you

I would be going back and pushing till they fix it.

Just another example of crap Ford Dealers

Chris
Old 09-11-2006, 08:09 PM   #5
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest Bear
Not correct.

Only Genuine Ford Accessories are covered by the original Ford Factory 100,000km/3 year Bumper to Bumper Warranty when purchased at the same time as the vehicle.

Ford Genuine Accessories purchased after the vehicle is purchased carry a 12 month/20,000km warranty.

Any non Genuine items installed/fitted are not covered by the Ford manufacturer warranty and they're up to the Dealer/manufacturer of the item to cover should any warranty issues arise.

The Dealer should have given you a warranty card or something to cover the tint, if not then demand that they fix the problem for you without them having a second to even raise their eyebrows. Clear and simple, it's their responsibility to get it fixed unless they proivided you with information about the aftermarket support offered by the tint company, like I received from Sentry when I had my tint done 4 years ago (that came with a lifetime warranty).
Old 09-11-2006, 08:51 PM   #6
Curly

Thanks for the advice. We did get a leaflet in the car when we picked it up and had already found the faults in the tint, but it was too late then. The salesman said it looked terrible and that the tint company would definately replace it. Had we known that it wasn't done and covered by Ford we would have done our homework and chosen a tint company ourselves. And if it's not covered why did they have the tint company come to them and pretend to fix it today? I say "pretend" because I drew all the faults on a piece of paper and none of them have been fixed.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:59 PM   #7
zetec
Zoom Zoom

Beats me what the Dealer gets out of telling a customer it's fixed when it clearly isn't. Can't do well for encouraging others to visit and maybe purchase!!
Old 09-11-2006, 09:09 PM   #8
fordel
Tricolore Tard
Contributing Member

Well as i said, typical Ford Dealer crappiness really

Thats why they do it
Old 09-11-2006, 11:12 PM   #9
BlackLS

Go back there and demand it gets fixed. If it was a dealer option its the dealers responsibility to fix the problem. Driving the car to the dealer should be the hardest part when warranty work is needed...
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-11-2006, 11:46 PM   #10
JD2004

I feel sorry for you bud, Personally i believe Sam Gould Ford in Lilydale shouldnt be recomended to anyone, as the lovely sales team cant even get a Fiesta to be delivered this year, (Ordered 2 months ago) my good mate Peter will get a visit tomorrow to see how the progress is coming along. Should be sometime after lunch if you get a moment to read this forum make sure you take a really really long lunch break.

Sorry about the slight off topic post but it falls into the Not Happy Topic.

Luke
Old 10-11-2006, 12:17 AM   #11
MoreHPformyXR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Mate I feel for you if Dealer organised the tint & its on your contract weather the put n/c or not is irrelevant. Its there problem (make sure they realsie this) & then ensure they fix there problem if you choose to take the car without tint & then had this mob in Ringwood do it then its nothing to do with dealer. But as that didnt happen ensure they take ownership of the problem.

BA XR6 Mk II Shockwave Sedan - Now Sold - gone but not forgotten

mods: 20% under drive, Pacemaker Comps 4495' (ceramic coated) , 3' Metal Cat, XR6T exhaust - twin 3' tips, F6 CAI, K&N panel filter, PWR trans cooler, customed tuned by Heinrich Performance Tuning HPT 183.7rwkw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATMO SIX
You have become the new SLOANY mate, no real quality to your current post(s).
MoreHPformyXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 12:20 AM   #12
Jess85

If the dealership has an aftermarket person working there (like the dealership my dad and bf work at) then they should be speaking to the tint company about fixing the problem and whoever told you the tint company had fixed the tint should be spoken to by management. If the imperfections are really obvious, then surely they would of been able to tell it hadnt been fixed!
Jess85 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 11:14 AM   #13
Curly

Default An end in sight????

After receiving a LONG email from us the Sales Manager at Sam Gould Ford rang this morning. Very apologetic. We are going down this afternoon to work things out with him. We don't have to deal with Peter anymore. Let's hope that he is more reasonable and sorts this mess out. Stay tuned.....
Old 10-11-2006, 03:22 PM   #14
91Laser
Starter Motor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly
After receiving a LONG email from us the Sales Manager at Sam Gould Ford rang this morning. Very apologetic. We are going down this afternoon to work things out with him. We don't have to deal with Peter anymore. Let's hope that he is more reasonable and sorts this mess out. Stay tuned.....

Hi,

I'm sorry about your problems and i hope they help you out like they should. I'm just curious if you would recommend Sam Gould if you didn't have the tint problem?. I'm thinking of buying my Ford there next year.

Regards,

Rob
91Laser is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 03:46 PM   #15
JD2004

Il be taking the trip down very shortly to visit my good buddy Peter, If anyone sees my XR5 parked out the front say hi will see if i can get a delivery date for certain.

Luke
Old 10-11-2006, 03:49 PM   #16
EA2BA
PM me if you want

Dealer should have explained the tint is extra, they get someone to do it, then your warranty is with the tint people, I am sure when we bought our KIA this was the case.

Send me a PM if you want to know anything

2010 Ford Ranger PK High Rider (Auto) - 2011 Ford Fiesta (Auto)
EA2BA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-11-2006, 05:21 PM   #17
Curly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Laser
Hi,

I'm sorry about your problems and i hope they help you out like they should. I'm just curious if you would recommend Sam Gould if you didn't have the tint problem?. I'm thinking of buying my Ford there next year.

Regards,

Rob
I still don't know if I would recommend them. I would not deal with Peter the salesman again. I'll reserve my judgement on the dealership till the car is all fixed. After speaking to the Sales manager today things are looking better. See my post in the Faults Thread for more details.
Old 14-11-2006, 07:46 PM   #18
Curly

Default All fixed

We picked up the car today from Sam Gould Ford. It looks as if it's fixed. The tint has been replaced and the other bits and pieces have all been fixed. We are satisfied with the car now and are looking forward to the weekend when we can take it for a spin and "check it out" properly. It seems that the Sales Manager and owner are OK. But we wouldn't deal with the salesman Peter again. The pre-delivery people need a few lessons in quality control but in the end the right thing has been done thanks to an efficient Sales manager (Brian). Hopefully that's the end of our problems.