Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 18-01-2007, 10:44 AM   #1
BrisVegas
Noobie

Default Alloy Pedals for LS Zetec??

Are the Zetecs supposed to come standard with Alloy (alloy-look?) pedals?

I see them listed as an available accessory for the CL & LX, but it says they are no available for Zetec and XR5. I'm sure I saw in the brochure that the Zetec had them... Mine doesn't.

Thanks!

LS Focus Zetec 5dr - gone
WS Fiesta Zetec 5dr - gone
BrisVegas is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 11:29 AM   #2
photn
AFF Post NAZI

Should call your Local Dealer and ask them i suppose. i dont see why they shouldnt if they arent a Factory Option. i know the XR5T has them as ive seen and Felt them.....
If your Dealer says yes then take the car in and show them that you dont have them. otherwise id sujest getting the Wolf ones. there actually Pretty Decent... and look Quite good.

EDIT> and i forgot to add. you wont get ripped off for the WOLF ones...

they are at www.european-parts.net

photn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 02:38 PM   #3
BrisVegas
Noobie

I was hoping someone else with an LS Zetec might be able to tell me whether alloy pedals are standard, BEFORE I go speak to my dealer.

I'm assuming they're not standard, but it's just that I saw them in the brochure pics.
Old 18-01-2007, 02:40 PM   #4
More revs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I had to specify and pay for the alloy pedals during the purchasing meeting. Yes on a Zetec too..

Are they worth it.....

nnnnope !
More revs is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-01-2007, 03:01 PM   #5
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Conte...Page&c=DFYPage

According to Ford website, NOT standard on Zetec, only standard on XR5
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 19-01-2007, 10:43 AM   #6
More revs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

And because I bagged the padals yesterday guess what happened on the way home.

yep, the brake pedal fell off. Just the alloy and rubber foot pad not the whole arm.

Quick call in to Coffee Ford and problem fixed free of charge.
Old 19-01-2007, 02:15 PM   #7
BrisVegas
Noobie

thanks more_revs and melbzetec! I guess I had seen a pic of the accessory ones fitted to a Zetec. Not too bothered about them. If I ever get around to buying those cool black/clear tailights from euro-parts, I might throw in a pedal kit too.
Old 23-01-2007, 11:50 AM   #8
More revs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

yeah spend the money elsewhere the pedals are not worth the trouble.

A good spend is a weather shield so you can have the window open at highway speed.

And no I don't recommend smoking..
Old 28-01-2007, 01:02 PM   #9
Guliver_TwiSt
Yes, laminge changed me

Yeh the pedals seem like a total waste... For a manual I strongly recommend changing to the sports gear knob (real quality feel). It actually makes the car feel much more pleasant to drive..

Personally i feel the Zetec model should have come with these sporty accesories as standard. There really isn't enough differences internally between the zetec and the base models..
Guliver_TwiSt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-01-2007, 03:25 PM   #10
More revs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Oh I don't know.. it gives the purchaser a chance on a custom setup. I wish they would include bigger wheels, a 'hot tune' version and other bodywork as options too.
Old 30-01-2007, 05:58 PM   #11
#Russ#Es#
Hello Koni's!

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: This member has made a few valuable contributions to the Forum in the Focus section, seems to know exactly what he is talking about with his posts, which are helpful and concise. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guliver_TwiSt
Yeh the pedals seem like a total waste... For a manual I strongly recommend changing to the sports gear knob (real quality feel). It actually makes the car feel much more pleasant to drive..

Personally i feel the Zetec model should have come with these sporty accesories as standard. There really isn't enough differences internally between the zetec and the base models..
A Momo gearknob off Ebay also does the trick (with a genuine leather boot). Better than the rubbishy vinyl gear boot that is standard. Cheaper than going factory, and looks better IMO.

Lower airbox removed, K&N Panel filter
Momo gear knob + boot + pedals, Ghia boot garnish, Zetec Chrome interior door handles
JVC KW-XR816 Headunit + more to come...

#Russ#Es# is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 30-01-2007, 06:35 PM   #12
melbzetec
Old enough to know better

That is very smart indeed. Good look.
Mods: Ford Racing CNC'd cylinder head milled .040", 3 angle valve grind. Ford Racing Stage II camshafts. Ford Racing cam gears. Ford Racing long tube header. Random Technology hi flow cat. Herrod 2.25" stainless cat-back. Pipercross Viper intake. CFM 65mm throttle body. 2000 ported intake manifold. Herrod Custom SCT tune. Eibach suspension. Quaife ATB diff. Wilwood 13" brakes. Custom ST170 leather interior.
www.cardomain.com/ride/2773918

melbzetec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post