Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-08-2011, 03:46 PM   #1
nshir3
Starter Motor

Default Buckled Rim

Hi members,
I've been a member of the forum for a while but haven't contributed. I've got an MB Titanium diesel and live in NQ. I put new Dunlop tyres on two weekends ago and have just taken the vehicle back to the dealer, as the alignment appears to be out. I've just been informed that one of the rims has buckled. I took the car to an independent tyre fitter who confirmed the wheel was buckled, and rotated the rim to the rear of the car to limit alignment concerns. My question, or query, is that there is no visible damage to the tyre, not has the car hit anything out of the ordinary - eg large pot holes. Ford have quoted $1250 for a new rim which sounds inflated. Has anyone else experienced similar concerns?

Rim issues aside the vehicle continues to astound me. 45k on clock and averaging 950km on a tank on nearly 100% highway driving in somewhat hilly conditions. I will trade the vehicle late next year and will most likely consider a diesel titanium wagon.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Last edited by nshir3; 20-08-2011 at 03:53 PM.
nshir3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post