Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 26-12-2022, 05:29 PM   #1
kevino
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Purchased a Puma

I purchased a 5000km 2022 demo in Brisbane on 1/12.
It is base model plus park pack.
Park pack is adaptive cruise control park assist automated parking and blind spot assist.
ACC and Blis are very very useful.
Automated parking I ll never use.
Park assist is the usual collection of sensors and beep beep messages -I live with it can be useful in terms of brain fade. It picks up high kerbs when coming into red lights and chirps away unnecessarily.

So -Positives

Motor and auto (7/dct but wet oil change at 90k) are nice adequate round town ditto motorway but being a three cylinder little bit lacking on hills.
Excellent seat particuarly back and shoulder support I have wide shoulders and lumbar support terrific combination.
ACC is smotth but does let itself gaing five km per hour down hills but then retards itself to wash off.
Handling comes alive on B grade roads the steering etc tighten up and it feels like a Focus.
Highway fuel consumption 5 litres per 100kms. Urban I m still working on its higher than I would like so its now on second tank of 98 and i need to reset tyre pressures a bit higher. So far the trip computer reads 6.7 but I had 7.7 fill to fill. Mind you its plus 30 most days air con on and short hops is hard.
The boot is bigger than expected more than enough for my requiremnts.

Minuses

It doesnt have a six speed manual ...be so much better with a manual. Just sad.
Brake noise reversing out of garage in morning. My LZ focus did this after a wash.
No engine cover-rep told me none of the Ford range have them.
Cloth trim on inside back half of door panel-would prefer vinyl plastic easier to clean.
When switching off beep beep comes up check rear seats for occupants.
The auto stop start (at idle stopped) switch off is a switch behind the gear stick would prefer on dash easier to see as I switch this off start of every trip.
Lane centreing and lane assist is switched off once and once only cant stand this feature.
Hatch is light and flimsy and tinny when closing probably number plate rattle.
Tyres are a tad noisy car itself is very hushed.
Ride is a bit harsh on teh 17 s but acceptable as the 17 s and raised suv height make it easier to enter exit for old units like myself.
And no left foot rest... bit annoying was the in an ST line rental I had.

So there you go. Nice engine/gearbox combination. Quiet. Easy to get in and out of. Lots of tech. Apple car play works great.
My needs were easy to get in and out of, turbo charged, lumbar support and active cruise control. I got all of those plus blind spot assist an extremely good seat ... its a great little car .... I m sure a six speed manual would fly.
and for 32 k drive away balance of 4.5 year warranty that worked okay too.
kevino is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post