Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Ford Forums Central > Site Support

Site Support If something isn't working or you have a suggestion ( a nice one !! ) let us know here.

Old 26-03-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Question For sale section not operating by date posted

I understand the new format relating to the for sale section, so that bumping, which is not alloewed would not put you back on the front page, but its not working, and that adds would be displayed on a date posted basis.

Their are posts that were done prior to mine, and recently after the changes that somehow seem to be like bumping, but without bumping

Please dont get me wrong, as I'm not complaining, the for sale section is a privalage (spelling), I just dont understand whats happening

Can this be explained please

SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

My Work Wagon AU Futura Wagon in Gold.

On the Farm : Ford 6600 Tractor
EASYBOSS is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2008, 10:28 PM   #2
b2tf
not here much anymore

could you explain that again? not having a go at you i'm just finding it hard to understand the problem. The threads go by date originally posted if that helps?
Old 26-03-2008, 11:09 PM   #3
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Maybe it would be easier if you looked youeself, not trying to be diffulcult, but you can see the origional post date, look for my post, now on the 2nd page, then look at posts on the first page.

See for yourself, unless I am wrong, if I am, very sorry
SOLD : BA XR8 4 Speed Auto in Mercury Silver, Bluepower CIA, Full Diffilipo Big Boy Quad System, Tune, 4.11 Diff Gears, FPV Starter Button, FPV GT Rear Spoiler, Tripod Gauges, PWR Trans Cooler. 230 RWKW's. Many thanks to Chris at Bluepower Racing Developments

Hers : F6X build #150 in Ego, Stock as a Rock, untill the warranty runs out, including the extended one.

Old 26-03-2008, 11:15 PM   #4
b2tf
not here much anymore

Had a look and I see your point, will look into it
Old 26-03-2008, 11:36 PM   #5
Smoke Pursuit
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: DASH/bfiipursuit has been alot of help over the years I have frequented this forum, lots of thoughtful and informed posts, very much a valued contributor. 

Its definately screwed. I thought what happened was wen you posted something it stayed in that order... This is definately not whats happening..
Smoke Pursuit is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2008, 12:46 AM   #6
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

I'm just happy that you can see what I pointed out.

I dont want to cause a problem or complain, however something's not right with the new code.

Out of intrest, when is the software uograde due to happen? and not saying this may be the fix, just curious

Old 27-03-2008, 12:10 PM   #7
XR06T
13.96 @ 101.65

i had noticed this aswell, threads with last posts today are behind threads with a last post made yesterday.
Old 27-03-2008, 03:48 PM   #8
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASYBOSS
I'm just happy that you can see what I pointed out.

I dont want to cause a problem or complain, however something's not right with the new code.

Out of intrest, when is the software uograde due to happen? and not saying this may be the fix, just curious
is this the 3 threads i made into one?
its possible that the way it was put together made the older thread be the first post of that thread.
that could be why it has gone back further (if that is the case?).
Kryton is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2008, 03:53 PM   #9
b2tf
not here much anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
its possible that the way it was put together made the older thread be the first post of that thread.
If threads were merged it would theoretically go to the date of the first thread (if that makes sense?)
Old 27-03-2008, 04:02 PM   #10
Kryton

Quote:
Originally Posted by b2tf
If threads were merged it would theoretically go to the date of the first thread (if that makes sense?)
theoretically.
but it was 3 threads and the first time i have merged threads so it is possible that i messed up the order they were posted in?
Old 27-03-2008, 04:59 PM   #11
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by davway
Yep, thats the one, I've checked the order they are merged, the 1st one is the last one posted, 2nd correct and 3rd one the first I posted.

They were all posted within about 2-3 hours, and were concecutive at the top of the first page.

After they were merged the new one post stayed OK for about a day, then jumped to half was down the 2nd page.

Hope this information helps

Old 27-03-2008, 05:08 PM   #12
Kryton

they were put together properly.
dont know what is going on in the for sale section though.
i posted in your thread and it bought it back to the first page (one below STOCKED locked thread).
deleted the post and it went back to the second page again?
Old 27-03-2008, 05:24 PM   #13
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

I glitch in the matrix, anybody also see a black cat out of the corner of their eye

Old 28-03-2008, 04:20 PM   #14
cortEA

Yeah the for sale thread has been a pain in the A$$ to read for some time now. I think it should go back to the way it used to be, just start handing out punishments to those that start bumping threads before say a week!!!!

Cheers Corey

Missus car: 04 Subaru Impreza RS with fully sic cannon

Drag car: '76 TD Cortina, 4.0 AU motor, 4 spd single rail, 4 puck solid centre brass button clutch, 17" chromies, 600*300*76 FMIC, Garrett TB 4133 Turbo, BA XR6T inj's, Malpassi, Walbro etc etc...
cortEA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 28-03-2008, 10:17 PM   #15
EASYBOSS
Matakana NZ
Donating Member3

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortEA
Yeah the for sale thread has been a pain in the A$$ to read for some time now. I think it should go back to the way it used to be, just start handing out punishments to those that start bumping threads before say a week!!!!

Cheers Corey
Well you are contribitong well to this, and going a long way to getting this thread locked.

You have to bear in mind that the mods are the gatekeepers in their own time and do to for the gods sake of this forum.

Its only fiar to folloe what they deam best

Old 28-03-2008, 11:35 PM   #16
cortEA

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASYBOSS
Well you are contribitong well to this, and going a long way to getting this thread locked.

You have to bear in mind that the mods are the gatekeepers in their own time and do to for the gods sake of this forum.

Its only fiar to folloe what they deam best

So by voicing my opinion in a firm way and not actually sucking up to the moderators will get this thread locked... Yeah right. This is the area to voice ya opinion to the administrator and mods to try and get things done and in my opinion I think it should go back to the way it was.

Corey

Missus car: 04 Subaru Impreza RS with fully sic cannon

Drag car: '76 TD Cortina, 4.0 AU motor, 4 spd single rail, 4 puck solid centre brass button clutch, 17" chromies, 600*300*76 FMIC, Garrett TB 4133 Turbo, BA XR6T inj's, Malpassi, Walbro etc etc...
cortEA is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 29-03-2008, 01:13 PM   #17
Laminge
Cuban... nothing like it

I dont need you to suck up to me, I already know the value of your opinion.

However there is a difference between voicing your opinion and being about the way you go about doing it.

One way you get the above reply the other you open discussion, as you so call it.

Wonder which works.
Laminge is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post