Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 02-11-2008, 05:32 PM   #1
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 
Default EL Ghia #3 On The Way

Well i'm looking for a daily drive to get the chores done now, as i've racked up a lot of KM in the BA already and i don't really want to continue that. It's a great car but i don't want it getting old too quick if you know what i mean.

Had 2 el ghia's in the past and i love them. Best looking E series hands down inside and out. I've already put a thread in the cars wanted section and had a response, but there don't seem to be very many V8 versions around.. And the ones that are, are through the roof. And to think i sold my last EL Ghia V8 for less than $3000 ! (albeit with 350,000km on it).

Even though it had high km, it was a great drive, comfy, great looks, nice noise, but lousy brakes. Anyone else got one ? Care to share your love of it ? Photo's welcomed

Professor Farnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 05:42 PM   #2
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

I know of a white one for sale, V8 on gas and in pretty mint nick. It was around 5k with a year of reg IIRC, so if you want details just flick me a PM.

As for the need for a daily because you don't want to rack up the kays on the BA, I don't mean to sound offensive, but seriously, it's just a BA Fairmont just like the thousands of other lease/fleet spec BA Fairmonts out there.

It's not like it's ever going to be worth anything or collectible etc. so why not just enjoy it while you've got it?

If you think you're preserving the value of it by keeping the kays down, then you need to also factor in the costs of the additional rego, insurance and maintenance on a second car.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-11-2008, 06:06 PM   #3
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Location: Mod For: Pub, Bar, Sales Yard, Show 'N Shine, Photoshop, AU to BF, FG to FGX, Territory & Sports Bar
Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Many years of valuable contributions to the forum, including some superb build threads. 

Yeah i've run two cars before, i know all about the costs.. Couple of factors here. Firstly, this BA is smooth as silk, really runs very very well compared to the other 2 BA's i've owned, so in my eyes it is unique! Another factor, i simply want an EL Ghia again! I'm just trying to justify it to myself really.

Definitely interested in the white one you mentioned, please do pm the details.

cheers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by private9
I know of a white one for sale, V8 on gas and in pretty mint nick. It was around 5k with a year of reg IIRC, so if you want details just flick me a PM.

As for the need for a daily because you don't want to rack up the kays on the BA, I don't mean to sound offensive, but seriously, it's just a BA Fairmont just like the thousands of other lease/fleet spec BA Fairmonts out there.

It's not like it's ever going to be worth anything or collectible etc. so why not just enjoy it while you've got it?

If you think you're preserving the value of it by keeping the kays down, then you need to also factor in the costs of the additional rego, insurance and maintenance on a second car.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:56 PM   #4
private9
www.TUFFCARPARTS.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackersINC
Yeah i've run two cars before, i know all about the costs.. Couple of factors here. Firstly, this BA is smooth as silk, really runs very very well compared to the other 2 BA's i've owned, so in my eyes it is unique! Another factor, i simply want an EL Ghia again! I'm just trying to justify it to myself really.

Definitely interested in the white one you mentioned, please do pm the details.

cheers.
Good stuff. PM sent.
private9 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2008, 10:51 PM   #5
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

One on VSS CLICK HERE $6,500 ONO I GUESS

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2008, 10:57 PM   #6
klawsterfobik
Bad Music and Litre Bikes

Not interested in the Fairlanes / LTD's?
Anyway. Enough reality, back to the topic.
klawsterfobik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-11-2008, 11:20 PM   #7
Professor Farnsworth
Fossil fuel consumer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
One on VSS CLICK HERE $6,500 ONO I GUESS
thanks for the link there, i'll check it out ;)
EDIT that's a 6 cylinder, i'm looking for an 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by klawsterfobik
Not interested in the Fairlanes / LTD's?
nah not really, i've had a LWB before and it really did not a lot for me, although it was an I6. Much prefer the falcon shape.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:05 PM   #8
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

Ok mr Fussy - How about a Fairmont with 50,000klms and a V8 for $8,000
CLICK HERE opps to slow - already sold

Yeah Yeah you want an EL GHIA lol but just giving you ideas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorted
$7,000 for FordFreaks

Yeah yeah you want an 8 but I can see you driving around in this:- CLICK HERE

$13,000 for Tocchi's EF Turbo CLICK HERE

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post