Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2015, 03:06 PM   #17
cobrin
Challenge Accepted!

Default Re: Fuel economy indicated v real in TDCi

I reckon 5's can be had but only if specifics were met. Those being 80kph flat roads probably done in one drive hwy type stuff. So not much use in day to day grind.

As whitelion has mentioned it's not a good idea to run that low or empty. I doubt there'll be a failure (on a rare occasion it may happen on) but you do open yourself to the risk of one happening. Diesel also serves in part a lubricant and coolant. Though the lubricating properties have reduced with low sulfur diesel.

I manage very often an average 6.8L/100km worst seen being 7.2. It's only slightly better than the last vehicle ('98 Corolla 1.8L man/sed) but it has sooooo! much more to offer a family of 5 (kids 4/8/10). The display is an ok indication but misleading compared to fuel use and K's driven.

I couldn't help my curiosity and am trying out Liqui Moly Diesel Clean and Boost, 1L will take an age to use going by ratios needed.
cobrin is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post