Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 25-05-2016, 10:59 PM   #1
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: FG X, The Last EVER Falcon - Picture & Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintFg View Post
Does anyone here sort of wish they bought a mustang? They are a very very impressive looking machine.

Parked my fgx next to a mustang, mustang looks amazing.

The wait made me buy xr8
I feel a hulking great shadow looming on the horizon?

Assuming bona fide question, answer: No!

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 04-01-2017, 01:00 AM   #2
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by asagaai View Post
I feel a hulking great shadow looming on the horizon?

Assuming bona fide question, answer: No!
Hi asagaai - the family and I spent last Fri/Sat night in Newie (lived there for many years, great to come back to decent beaches :-) ) and on Fri night, (30/12) I think I might have seen your Smoke FGX XR8 in town??
Almost put a note under the wiper blade, but that would have been creepy......especially if it wasn't yours!

Jaguar XJ-S: Eaton S/C, I/Cooler, Haltech, DB7 rims, 1:15 Wakefield.

Jaguar XJ6 Wife's daily :2006 Quartz Metallic, FORD Duratec 3.0 V6, ZF 6sp

Previous relationships: FG GT, FG XR8 (+BA XT 5.4, BA AU, EF, EB, EA, EA & XF work cars)
Jags XJ12 & XJ6, BMW E39 Wagon, BMW F11 M-Sport wagon, 20 of GMH FC-HQ
Bonn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-01-2017, 08:04 PM   #3
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonn View Post
Hi asagaai - the family and I spent last Fri/Sat night in Newie (lived there for many years, great to come back to decent beaches :-) ) and on Fri night, (30/12) I think I might have seen your Smoke FGX XR8 in town??
Almost put a note under the wiper blade, but that would have been creepy......especially if it wasn't yours!
Hey Bonn

If it was round Watt street would have been me, doing last minute office bas crap before heading to Queenstown NZ. No issues leaving note for catch up coffee and jabber about our cars.

In Queenstown now and saw a fgx xr8 parked smoke, with large GT spoiler and sticker pack on side. looked good but heavy traffic so could not stop for pictures.

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 05-01-2017, 08:45 PM   #4
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Hey Bonn

If it was round Watt street would have been me, doing last minute office bas crap before heading to Queenstown NZ. No issues leaving note for catch up coffee and jabber about our cars.

In Queenstown now and saw a fgx xr8 parked smoke, with large GT spoiler and sticker pack on side. looked good but heavy traffic so could not stop for pictures.
Ha! I spotted the very same car as we were heading towards Christchurch.
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-01-2017, 09:48 PM   #5
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What's your thoughts on the GT Wing, I looked at one the other day there's a pic of one on the spoiler shop website. Im unsure if I like the look of it on the FGX without the FPV kit. I think less is better on the back of the FGX for some reason.

Opticoat, Twin 3" Manta, Shockworks coilovers,
Twin BMC & KPM breathers.

Wishlist: 450rwkw's on 98.
FGX-302 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-01-2017, 12:19 AM   #6
Pilko FNQ

Hey FGX302.....there will be another black, manual XR8 cruising through Mackay next Tuesday. Finally getting mine out of storage tomorrow arvo and doing a run from Cairns to Brisbane and back. Took two weeks off just to go driving...lol.
Pilko FNQ is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2017, 02:33 AM   #7
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilko FNQ View Post
Hey FGX302.....there will be another black, manual XR8 cruising through Mackay next Tuesday. Finally getting mine out of storage tomorrow arvo and doing a run from Cairns to Brisbane and back. Took two weeks off just to go driving...lol.
Hey Pilko, sounds good mate. I'll PM you. Mine hasn't been out of the cover since early December with work & Xmas (went away) and it hasn't really stopped raining here since we got back. Hopefully the sun pokes its head out by next wk lol

Old 06-01-2017, 03:13 AM   #8
jimt3te50
My kids think I'm cool

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Jim has consistently for some time now shared his life, and his passions in his XY GT and more so his FG GT in a way so everyone here feels part of the journey, which helps make AFF such a worthwhile place to be.  An outstanding contributor in my book. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX-302 View Post
What's your thoughts on the GT Wing, I looked at one the other day there's a pic of one on the spoiler shop website. Im unsure if I like the look of it on the FGX without the FPV kit. I think less is better on the back of the FGX for some reason.

Ultimately that was our conclusion too, so much so that we deleted the centre leg off the spoiler (after already drilling the holes for it in the boot of course) just to clean up the look- something the aftermarket joints seem to have replicated.

2018 Ford Ranger RAPTOR
2013 Audi SQ5
jimt3te50 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
6 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2017, 12:11 PM   #9
FGX-302
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt3te50 View Post
Ultimately that was our conclusion too, so much so that we deleted the centre leg off the spoiler (after already drilling the holes for it in the boot of course) just to clean up the look- something the aftermarket joints seem to have replicated.

Hey Jim, your car is a work of art mate and I would love nothing more than to make my FGX look like that at the back!

Only problem I'm having is the cost and someone capable of doing a good job where I am, my next lot of updrades will be performance based though and that alone is still being processed by the accountant (missus) which may take 12 months or more lol

I think if I am to change the rear it will probly end up with either the sprint boot lip or spoiler delete. It's not like I'm dead set on changing it anyway, I quite like the one it's got I think it suits the FGX well. It's no GTF muscle kit but nor was it meant to be. I'm a big fan of the GTF though, arguably the best looking factory falcon to be produced in this great country of ours.

2 users like this post:
Old 06-01-2017, 11:38 AM   #10
Bonn
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hey Bonn

Yeah, it was Watt St - we stayed at the Novotel. Took the 530i Touring Wagon - paranoid about the FG getting parking dents :-)
Thanks - coffee is essential, will let you know when i'm back there - still building a supercharged XJS in the 'Hunner'.....
Enjoy....

Last edited by Bonn; 06-01-2017 at 11:38 AM. Reason: idealogically unsound typing
Bonn is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post