Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 24-03-2018, 08:33 PM   #1
lilykam
Starter Motor

Default Ecosport Transmission Fault

Had already written this in a different section. Not really sure how all this works, so thought I'd be better off copying it to The Pub
I bought a new 2017 Ecosport Trend 7 weeks ago for which I paid cash, plus nearly $2K for extras. My last car being a 2004 model, I really didn't know anything about the shuddering problem and figured it was a thing new cars did. (Being an over 60 female blonde didn't help.) A few friends had told me it sounded like a problem with the anti-braking system. Nearly 2 weeks ago I rang Ford Australia and after explaining to the gentleman about the shuddering most times I stopped and the occasional refusing to move when trying to start off, he said it was definitely a dual clutch problem. Booked the car into Ford and when I picked it up they said they had to relearn the TCM (Transmission Control Module). That same evening the car shuddered 4 times. Rang Ford, they said the car needed to get used to my style of driving, to which I replied 'What a load of rot'. the next day I pulled up at the lights and bells went off, saying 'Warning'. looked at the little screen and it said 'Transmission hot, do not drive for 5 minutes'. Pulled over and rang Ford. Told them my granddaughter was in the car crying, wanting to get out and walk, thinking the car was going to blow up. The car is back in at Ford and fortunately they gave me a loan car but Ford Australia tells me my car doesn't have a Powershift Transmission. Seriously wish I could just get my money back and go and buy a whole different brand of car. Am glad I read all the letters on here as the ACCC will definitely be hearing about this.
lilykam is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2018, 08:37 PM   #2
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Default Re: Ecosport Transmission Fault

Good luck
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 24-03-2018, 09:37 PM   #3
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

(Being an over 60 female blonde didn't help.

I dont think so, you write to intelligently for a start, and you seem to know what your talking about.
Old 24-03-2018, 09:52 PM   #4
mike_nofx
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonz View Post
(Being an over 60 female blonde didn't help.

I dont think so, you write to intelligently for a start, and you seem to know what your talking about.
Hehe yes well... a person who doesn’t know the difference between “to” and “too”, and “your” and “you’re” probably is poor judge of intelligently written (paragraph free) text.
mike_nofx is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 24-03-2018, 09:54 PM   #5
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I use spell cheque
Old 26-03-2018, 04:25 PM   #6
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had a new ranger xlt the other day and it was shuddering at take off too.

Felt terrible. Are both these using 6hp21 transmissions?

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-03-2018, 06:33 PM   #7
Fordman1
Donating Member
Donating Member3

The 2017 Ecosport doesn’t have DCT ...

Good luck.
Fordman1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2018, 12:53 AM   #8
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_nofx View Post
Hehe yes well... a person who doesn’t know the difference between “to” and “too”, and “your” and “you’re” probably is poor judge of intelligently written (paragraph free) text.
That's a great helpful comment NOT
Old 27-03-2018, 12:56 AM   #9
kazawaki
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilykam View Post
Had already written this in a different section. Not really sure how all this works, so thought I'd be better off copying it to The Pub
I bought a new 2017 Ecosport Trend 7 weeks ago for which I paid cash, plus nearly $2K for extras. My last car being a 2004 model, I really didn't know anything about the shuddering problem and figured it was a thing new cars did. (Being an over 60 female blonde didn't help.) A few friends had told me it sounded like a problem with the anti-braking system. Nearly 2 weeks ago I rang Ford Australia and after explaining to the gentleman about the shuddering most times I stopped and the occasional refusing to move when trying to start off, he said it was definitely a dual clutch problem. Booked the car into Ford and when I picked it up they said they had to relearn the TCM (Transmission Control Module). That same evening the car shuddered 4 times. Rang Ford, they said the car needed to get used to my style of driving, to which I replied 'What a load of rot'. the next day I pulled up at the lights and bells went off, saying 'Warning'. looked at the little screen and it said 'Transmission hot, do not drive for 5 minutes'. Pulled over and rang Ford. Told them my granddaughter was in the car crying, wanting to get out and walk, thinking the car was going to blow up. The car is back in at Ford and fortunately they gave me a loan car but Ford Australia tells me my car doesn't have a Powershift Transmission. Seriously wish I could just get my money back and go and buy a whole different brand of car. Am glad I read all the letters on here as the ACCC will definitely be hearing about this.
Don't let them run u around make sure you write every detail down,ford has a reputation for doing as little as possible if they can get away with it.
Good luck they lost me as a customer after my last purchase after having only fords for the last 50 years.
Old 27-03-2018, 11:29 AM   #10
lilykam
Starter Motor

Again, had posted yesterday in a different forum. Think I've worked this out, will stick to The Pub in fututre. - Update on the shudders on the Ecosport Trend. Picked my car up today, Ford tells me there's nothing wrong with it. They told me that when they hooked the car up to the computer, it showed that nothing had happened prior to them having it. Had to take the guy for a test drive, lucky for me there was one small shudder. Car booked back in again on Wednesday. They're going to connect the car to the computer and drive it at the same time to see what it says. Going to advise them when they drive it to take it for a longer, faster drive, to see if the 'Transmission Hot' warning comes up. Fingers crossed. To the people answering my post, thank you.
Old 27-03-2018, 11:56 AM   #11
Vesper Martini
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Your car shouldn't have the duel clutch trans. so it should have a conventional auto transmission

Does the problem happen on the flat as it sounds like the hill launch assist.
I'm wondering if repeated use of this causes the trans to get hot..
Seadoo Challenger 210SE 310HP
Vesper Martini is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2018, 03:43 PM   #12
lilykam
Starter Motor

My apologies about going on about the same thing but this car business is driving me nuts.
Ever since i picked the car up yesterday, it reeks of petrol. Went back into Ford and I started the car and showed him where it's coming through the air vents. he said he doesn't know and will look at it tomorrow. I'm getting real angry about this.
Old 27-03-2018, 04:03 PM   #13
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordman1 View Post
The 2017 Ecosport doesn’t have DCT ...

Good luck.
Yes it does, its the MY18 BL Ecosport which does not have a DCT and a traditional torque convertor 6 speed trans. Although the BK Ecosport should have the updated clutch from 2017 on.
GTLEGEND is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 27-03-2018, 07:48 PM   #14
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Every advice post I visit where OP are seeking advice for their new vehicle, he is there and adds valuable support and advice for rectifying the problem. Really is a Legend. Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: The quality of information he provides is in depth and highly valued by those posting questions. 

To further clarify, if it has the 1.5 Duratec, it will have the DCT (even the 17 builds), if it has the 1.5 Dragon engine or 1.0L Fox engine which both came out in vehicles built from 11/9/17 it will have the 6F15 6 Speed Auto (conventional).
2 users like this post:
Old 27-03-2018, 08:18 PM   #15
Mercury Bullet
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

First I've heard of that transmission. I assumed it would be one of the Chinese zf's.

It seems to be used in quite a few US made cars. Different versions of 6f to match torque outputs?

2016 Falcon XR8. Powered by the legend that is - David Winter.
XC Cobra #181.
1985 Mack Superliner, CAT 3408, 24 speed Allison.
Mercury Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 27-03-2018, 11:58 PM   #16
GTLEGEND
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

There is also the 2.0L engine that comes with a 6F35 Auto in the MY18 BL Ecosport, but I am sure it is not available in AUS, only the 1L Fox and 1.5 litre Dragon. We also miss the 6MX65 Manual trans as well.

Yes correct different versions of 6F to match engine torque outputs..