Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 27-05-2021, 08:45 AM   #1
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 
Default Re: Covid 19 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tickford. View Post
BREAKING: Close contacts of a confirmed case have been tracked to Sydney Metro.
(Source: CH10 news)
I can find no mention of this elsewhere.
Old 27-05-2021, 08:55 AM   #2
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citroënbender View Post
https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/healt...case-c-2939954

So far the cases seem to all be linked to very close contacts i.e. households or links to households, so likely to be a non event.

Actually a bit annoyed they didn't go for the immediate 3 day snap lock down earlier, when they knew the fella has been in the wild for 10 days.
Old 27-05-2021, 09:34 AM   #3
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
That’s not Sydney metro! It’s far as the distance between London and Geneva.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
Victoria, or parts thereof, to head into lockdown, according to the ABC.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-...ions/100169172
How annoying! I’ve been diligently picking through my obligations, to take a few days out of Sydney and fetch a car from Melbourne within the fortnight.

Last edited by Citroënbender; 27-05-2021 at 09:50 AM.
This user likes this post:
Old 27-05-2021, 10:10 AM   #4
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
How annoying! I’ve been diligently picking through my obligations, to take a few days out of Sydney and fetch a car from Melbourne within the fortnight.
And I was planning on heading up to Winton this weekend. I know it's not the end of the world, but this would have been my first visit opportunity.

I guess that's just the way life goes sometimes. Hopefully the lockdown will only be to greater Melbourne and I'll still be able to go.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 27-05-2021, 10:47 AM   #5
lari1eye

The ABC health expert changes view on original Covid leak from Wuhan Lab. after more than a year of denial.....
https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6256060100001

You have to wonder whose side they are on....
2 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2021, 11:09 AM   #6
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by lari1eye View Post
The ABC health expert changes view on original Covid leak from Wuhan Lab. after more than a year of denial.....
https://www.skynews.com.au/details/_6256060100001

You have to wonder whose side they are on....

Yeah...

funny that...an ex US president was ridiculed by the ABC feminist assassins for asserting the same.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
2 users like this post:
Old 27-05-2021, 09:49 AM   #7
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/healt...case-c-2939954

So far the cases seem to all be linked to very close contacts i.e. households or links to households, so likely to be a non event.

Actually a bit annoyed they didn't go for the immediate 3 day snap lock down earlier, when they knew the fella has been in the wild for 10 days.
I am OK with them waiting and seeing. We have had too much grandstanding from Pollies trying to cash in on situations, Merlino has impressed me with a sensible approach. Being an expert a week down the road with hindsight is easy.

Do it now, a week if necessary and it should be confined to 20 odd families and a hundred or so people. Sort them out then we will be good again.

We all got complacent, it is our fault. This thing is wicked when the temps are 15-18 degrees with cold nights. No coincidence we got away with stuff in summer, and this is the same time as last year.

Old 27-05-2021, 10:00 AM   #8
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just heard 25 aged care facilities in Victoria has NOT had their FIRST dose. 100 have not had their 2nd dose.

And this....

The Melbourne COVID outbreak may have done more to shake vaccine hesitancy than the national advertising campaign
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-...l-ad/100167608

Quote:
Will the Melbourne outbreak inject urgency into Canberra's response?
It's less clear whether this Melbourne outbreak will also inject more urgency into the Morrison Government's response. There's been no step-up yet in the vaccine advertising campaign, nor any noticeable progress on a new purpose-built quarantine facility.

Indeed, the Acting Premier revealed on Wednesday morning he had not heard from the Prime Minister in days. (By 2:00pm Scott Morrison was able to tell Question Time he had spoken to Merlino, so someone clearly got the message).

Clearly any escalation of the Melbourne outbreak will also escalate pressure on the Morrison Government over quarantine arrangements and vaccinations.

For now, the Prime Minister bats away these critiques by sticking with international comparisons. "I don't know Australians who want to go and take up residence and live in the COVID environment, whether it be in Europe, the United States, UK or anywhere else."

Quote:
"Victoria recorded its biggest single day of vaccinations after news broke of the state's latest cluster: 15,858 people received a jab on Tuesday, compared to a daily average of 6,286 for the previous week . "
Going by the GSS covidlive data, the daily average doesn't look like 6,000. And Tuesday's figures don't match. Where are all these numbers coming from?
Old 27-05-2021, 05:35 PM   #9
Tickford.
🚫⏰4️⃣🐃💩

Quote:
I'm in Sydney atm, and was watching it live. Couldn't find a link yesterday but came across this just now. From yesterdays CH10 news, Sydney edition.

Melbourne is on the brink of a new #COVIDVic emergency, and it's been revealed close contacts of the infected have been tracked to Sydney.

https://twitter.com/10NewsFirstSyd/s...57098527608837

Not sure where they got that info from because so far there's been no other reports on this. Maybe it's just a Sydney thing.. you know.. false reporting??

edit: Can't wait to get out of this ****hole and get back to Melbourne. Covid on the rampage or not, Melbourne still trumps this ****hole city!

Last edited by Tickford.; 27-05-2021 at 05:42 PM.
Old 27-05-2021, 06:34 PM   #10
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Gardeners are permitted workers this time round.

So I can keep paying tax

"Landscaping and gardening operators who have an ABN ,undertaking outdoor work only.
Services must operate solely outdoors with up to five people where physical distancing can be maintained at all times."

https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/sites/de...Version_15.pdf
Old 28-05-2021, 11:40 AM   #11
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
Gardeners are permitted workers this time round.

So I can keep paying tax

"Landscaping and gardening operators who have an ABN ,undertaking outdoor work only.
Services must operate solely outdoors with up to five people where physical distancing can be maintained at all times."

https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/sites/de...Version_15.pdf
Sorry I quoted old incorrect information that is unfortunately still up online

Gardeners not included in current permitted worker list.

https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/sites...strictions.pdf

I work alone outside but can not work.

My daughter can still do her shifts at Maccas. If I worked in; a restaurant/cafe, professional sports broadcasting/playing, horse/greyhound racing or construction I'd be golden.

Last edited by Work Horse; 28-05-2021 at 11:48 AM.
Old 28-05-2021, 12:51 PM   #12
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
I work alone outside but can not work.
If you do hardworks it probably is part of “construction”, if you tend any vegetable gardens it might be agriculture?
2 users like this post:
Closed Thread