Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 15-12-2008, 08:05 PM   #31
steamin63
old skool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossxr8
Of course you would think that if all you ever worked on is Fords, it skews your perception if the only cars you see with problems are ones you work on all day every day. You could say the same for people who work for Holden or Toyota etc.
notice that i said some 'models'. ford has produced some excellent falcon's and some that are not up to scratch.as for other brands of motor car. i've worked for a dealership that sold Mitsubishi, Subaru and Peugeot and i can honestly say that i would own a magna/380 or a liberty in a heart beat but i would own a secondhand Hyundai before a Peugeot . cheers.
Old 15-12-2008, 08:54 PM   #32
vztrt
IWCMOGTVM Club Supporter

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: vztrt is one of the most consistent and respected contributors to AFF, I have found his contributions are most useful to discussion as well as answering members queries. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielXR8
To be fair the numbers are dropping because I have found a good mechanic now, who can fix a Ford on the first go, where the dealers take two or three goes to fix the problem, so that helps perceptions a lot.

Anyway this all kind of suggests maybe the process you described is not working so well. So before you jump on the bots case, I would say I like the cars, even the troublesome ones, which is why I still have the Terri and why I hope one day, someone at Ford will realise they have been screwing themselves by believeing the kinds of numbers I and a large enough percentage of owners and fleets experience is an abberation and we will just buy anything with a Ford badge, because Joe down the road never had a problem with his second hand Falcon.

If they fix the cars and the dealers, I will probably be back with a cheque in hand. I think its possible for Ford to fix both, but I grant you that I may well be an external optimist on that one. I would love a new GT, just not one like the piece of shot I had last time.

Sales before this latest market downturn, suggest Ford was screwing themselves but not being able to spell, much less understand customer service. Denial is not a river in Egypt Daniel.

Bot out.
Now this is better then your 'bot' posts (sorry just got annoying as they were very similar). I will never dissagree that the Ford service department is rubbish but Ford dont have the balls to fix this.

The other issue is that Ford are still not designing cars properly in some areas. While the power and the dynamics are great for a car of that size and price. There are common issues that seem like they skimped on the price, now they probably did as the cars are built to a budget. If the falcon was a worldwide car with a larger R&D budget it would be a much better car.

The BA was considered a saviour to Ford but it did alot of damage when first released cause it had so many issues. This isn't good for a company with a brand image problem. The FG is a step up, it seems the issues are reduced and the build quality is a big step up. problem is its 10 years to late and Ford are chasing the 8-ball.

Also on the line they have a small amount of time to do a check (even with building less cars they are over streched) so they focus on a few things. But this goes back to smart design so problems are reduced. The Japanese have shown a bland car and dash will sell to the masses.
Old 16-12-2008, 09:17 AM   #33
axeray

Quote:
Originally Posted by QLD-Bluey
Yeah all "factory seconds" they put Holden badges on them so your average Ford lover can spot a dud a mile away, and then they sell them to the lower intelligence sector of the general public. :
Just in case somebody missed it :evil3:
axeray is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post