Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Closed Thread

Old 16-05-2010, 01:31 AM   #31
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
there are too many, but todays wot cheeses me orf........would be the dummy in the beat up blue lancer ricer that had to overtake me (while i was sitting on the limit) then cut close in front of me when there 50 million other cars in front that hes just not gunna get past, this individual `s common description................... rymes with tanker.
I dislike ************** too.

EDIT: Aww...filter spoilt my fun.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 16-05-2010, 01:36 AM   #32
JimNiki
71Mach1

Quote:
there 50 million other cars in front that hes just not gunna get past, this individual `s common description................... rymes with tanker.

Is he from Sri Lanker?
violets are #0000FF
all my base
are belong to you
Old 16-05-2010, 01:36 AM   #33
barra265t
Banned

1. Having to look both ways 2x at intersections as the light goes green, for that Blind Old Man in a camry, Impatient Soccer Mom or P-plater Commodore Driver storming through the red light just as it turns red.

2. Having to accelerate, brake to 10kmh, accelerate when going straight on the Roundabout for those heroes coming from the left side who fail to give way to their right and try to outrun instead.

3. When driving on the Left Lane of the Highway is faster than driving on the Right Lane.

4. People who honk their horns as your're slowing down to turn into a narrow side street.

5. Subaru WRX, some no-brand import or clapped out V6/V8 commodore driver gunning it at the lights just making a horrible racket, only to get blown away with half throttle from the mighty Falcon.

6. Bus drivers pulling out of a sidestreet, thinking their Bus owns the road.

Last edited by barra265t; 16-05-2010 at 01:47 AM.
Old 16-05-2010, 02:10 AM   #34
uranium_death
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by barra265t
1. Having to look both ways 2x at intersections as the light goes green, for that Blind Old Man in a camry, Impatient Soccer Mom or P-plater Commodore Driver storming through the red light just as it turns red.
I know that point is a pain, BUT it should be routine when checking the road.
Never rely on other people on the road. Stupidity is just too prevalent to ignore it.

When I was a passenger in the car turning out of Highbury Road onto Springvale Road, we had the green arrow but that didn't matter. A fool went through a red light that had been for seconds already, but he did not want to stop. By looking eiter way, it ensured our safety.

That is how it is nowadays. As much as it sucks, some things are beyond our control.

Don't snap my undies.
Old 16-05-2010, 02:24 AM   #35
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

Buses. I'm not going to get onto an empty bus and be followed on by a homeless person who then sits next to me an vomit down my sleeve. And I think the rest of Brisbane has figured this out too.

So why is there a need for self righteous bus drivers to drive around empty buses and pull out on people? I am so ************** sick of swerving onto the wrong side of the road in peak hour to avoid a bus that's just randomly decided he wants the exact piece of road that I happen to be occupying at the time.

While I'm at it - cyclists. If you are going to defy logic and the very concept of self preservation, can you please for the love of god and all that's holy put some normal pants on. I'm sick of seeing sweaty men wearing pants so tight I can tell what religion they are.
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
Old 16-05-2010, 03:50 AM   #36
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimNiki
Is he from Sri Lanker?
lol , i don`t know but it is possible
Old 16-05-2010, 05:12 AM   #37
EgoFalcon
The Villan

P platers (typically girls!) who think sitting on your butt putting lipstick or texting on the phone is appropriate.

When coming up Mt Ously (wollongong nsw) and picton road because the truck infront of them is going 38km not 40km he decides to overtake him when cars are allowed to go 80km. Have to wait a few minutes for him to overtake person infront. Almost caused few accidents.

Definetly when people are so urgent to get around you even though your on the speed limit.

Doof doof a**holes that turn bass up when at a set of lights so we can hear there s*** music.

L platers on highway, nothing against them but 80 km is too slow on a highway.

Trucks that overtake you then go back into the left lane then slow down so you have to get around them, its like leap frog.

I could go on but I may damage my computer...

The PX Ranger has arrived! XLT Metropolitean Grey

Previous Ride - 2007 BF MK II XR6 in Lightning Strike
Old 16-05-2010, 08:03 AM   #38
Coyote mk3
Clutch Cable Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EgoFalcon
L platers on highway, nothing against them but 80 km is too slow on a highway.
Yay for QLD!

What I hate, is '90 sitters'
Traveling along the highway, overtake these people, move back into the left hand lane and then about a minute or so later, you slow down to 80 for roadworks.
Next minute, you see these same people you just overtook, drive straight past you.
Or if the other lane is blocked up, they sit right up in your boot lid.

I also hate most of what everyone else has said too, bar trains (they take people off the road)
...and I have only had my P's for 4 months.
HID projectors, lowered on King SL and Koni Shocks.

Daily - 2002 AUIII SR
Stock as she comes.

Coyote's EL XR6

^^Click Me^^

15.132@ 91.51 MPH

Photos by Me https://www.facebook.com/PhotosByMatthewWylie
Old 16-05-2010, 08:44 AM   #39
Glennz XR8

Everyone else on the road, It's my road now get out of my way.

But seriously, people who don't use indicators, how hard is it to move stalk up and down.
Old 16-05-2010, 08:50 AM   #40
jpd80
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Thoughtful contributions to our community 

If the police pounded on tail gaiters, the roads would be a better place.
I believe a lot of other dangerous driving develops from that action.

Everything else I can live with...
Old 16-05-2010, 09:32 AM   #41
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

There's too much to list but pet hate of the week is the 80-90kph dropkicks on the highway who are oblivious to everyone else around them and won't move over to let the 15 car/truck train they've caused, go by, closely followed by the timid pussy sitting behind said dropkick who hasn't got the stones to pass them when the opportunity is there thus compounding the problem.

Bushbasher

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Old 16-05-2010, 10:22 AM   #42
GTP owner
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't single out any particular group - I hate them all! It's my road, so get off it!

Seriously, why do social norms fall apart when we get into a metal box with wheels under it. I ride a bike every now and then, and i get stuck behind them too - big deal. I ride a motorbike and split traffic - big deal, you are just jealous i have used less fuel and get there faster. I get stuck behind slow drivers - gives me a chance to open up the throttle and enjoy the rush. I go faster in the left lane because everyone is in the right one trying to overtake.
Turn the radio on, sit a comfortable distance behind the car in front, talk to your passenger, and enjoy the trip. It's the most dangerous thing you will do all day, so relax and get there in one piece. It could be your last trip...
E3 chubsport - fully fat (and slow), sitting there waiting for me to get sick of it and sell it.
BA XR6T for a daily
NT Pajero for the bush
XB 4 door project- swallows a BF xr6 turbo

My dad is a generous bloke. He gave away his dead car batteries free of charge....
Old 16-05-2010, 10:38 AM   #43
g220ba
FGX XR8

Spending all day on the road i've got a fair list:

-People who don't indicate (both lane changing and merging)
-People who don't thank me for letting them out the driveway they're in.
-Railway level crossings (Very poor outdated design, Why should i have to wait for the train to pull into the station, passengers embark/disembark and then for the train to finally cross the level crossing several minutes after gates have gone down)
-People who can't merge onto a freeway at speed
-The type that have to pass that one extra car to svae themselves all of about 2 seconds on their journey
-Those that won't allow me to merge when safe because that might mean a further 2 seconds to their journey.
-People who haven't figured out how use a roundabout yet.
-People going 10-20km/h under the speed limit for no reason whatsoever.
-Cyclists who feel they own the road or shared pathway (Note: not all cyclists are bad their are an increasing amount of arrogant self righteous types)
-People who don't understand what the big sign that says give-way or stop means.
-People that swerve out to left to make a simple right hand turn, conversely they swerve right to make left turns, your not in a truck folks the car will do it easily.
-Those that feels it's safe to cut a blind 90 degree turn while i'm coming the other way, then wonder why i gave them a mouthful.
-Speed limits dropping everywhere because the governments (local or state) are too lazy or cheap to fix the actual problems.
-Left foot brakers, Keep your bloody foot off the brake pedal completely.

That's all i got for the moment, i'm sure there's more in the brain somewhere but that'll do.

Last edited by g220ba; 16-05-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 16-05-2010, 10:47 AM   #44
dogfish

[QUOTE=Bushbasher]There's too much to list but pet hate of the week is the 80-90kph dropkicks on the highway who are oblivious to everyone else around them and won't move over to let the 15 car/truck train they've caused, go by, closely followed by the timid pussy sitting behind said dropkick who hasn't got the stones to pass them when the opportunity is there thus compounding the problem.

I hate this as well and I wish the Filth (police) would enforce the keep left up here in QLD more in 80kmh zones and above and again this is why GOD invented the horn and it sure does work as long as you don't mind receiving rude gestures as you over take them. Just smile and keep on going.

My pet hate is people who cut you off in busy traffic just to get ahead a flys@#t. So my resolve I purchased an $800.00 86 2wd Hilux and just keep driving as they proceed to cut me off they realise I'm not going to stop. There face looks awesome the holy ***t he isn't slowing down eyes like saucers it's excellent. Oh and then the rude gesture its excellent.

THE TOY:2003 CV8R Monaro 6Spd Manual.
Old 16-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #45
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennz XR8
how hard is it to move stalk up and down.
Old 16-05-2010, 12:39 PM   #46
Mz Revvv Head

Good thread ...

How long can people be patient to ignorant fools on our roads ?
I try hard, but have very little tolerance, happens every time you get out & about ...

I find the same as many others also ...

On a freeway ramp doing 30-40 k's is damn dangerous coming into traffic that are doing around 80 + is an accident waiting to happen time & time again ...

No idicators used ... what tools ... omg ... can't read your minds, damn it !

Also being in a car with people who does any of the mentioned in this thread is scary !
I know a few & I'm always happy to drive because I know there bad habbits & I'm always checking the roads myself, so I might as well just drive ...
I thought being a passenger was ment to be relaxing ? Hmm not when you know family or friends who do this ...
1 friend was telling me she went for her P's & failed, then again & failed & then tried again, she failed again & she said the person at Vic roads seen she was in tears, fiddled with a few things & then she finally passed ???!!! Omg that's why I NEVER trust getting in any car with her ... going back years now, people only had to drive around a block & got there licence ... And with this friend, it's very clear, this is true !!! She's a shocker & her family never trust her driving either !!!
Old 16-05-2010, 12:44 PM   #47
Wardo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84ltd
-Railway level crossings (Very poor outdated design, Why should i have to wait for the train to pull into the station, passengers embark/disembark and then for the train to finally cross the level crossing several minutes after gates have gone down)
I've been on 2 trains that didn't stop on time and ended up parked on the crossing, I'm guessing thats why.

And remember the green light means proceed if safe to do so. It's not a chance to test your reaction time
Old 16-05-2010, 12:58 PM   #48
xc4me

-cyclists who abuse you for no reason
-idiots who merge on the freeway at 60!!!

Sale thread here: http://www.fordforums.com.au/showthr...77#post3722277
Old 16-05-2010, 01:03 PM   #49
irish2
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by 388cube_edxr8
Buses. I'm not going to get onto an empty bus and be followed on by a homeless person who then sits next to me an vomit down my sleeve. And I think the rest of Brisbane has figured this out too.

So why is there a need for self righteous bus drivers to drive around empty buses and pull out on people? I am so ************** sick of swerving onto the wrong side of the road in peak hour to avoid a bus that's just randomly decided he wants the exact piece of road that I happen to be occupying at the time.
I am not a bus user but during peak times they are often packed. Busses are slow and cumbersome and are allowed to pull out from the side of the road at any time whilst indicating. This is why they have a sign on the back that says 'give way to the bus when indicating'. If people just followed the law and let the bus in there would be no swerving or accidents from cars crossing onto the wrong side of the road when the law states you MUST give way.
Old 16-05-2010, 01:07 PM   #50
DBourne
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Right lane hoggers
people that carry on about all cyclists
and for some reason, tailgaters never bother me.. maybe im the only one, but it just never phases me
Old 16-05-2010, 01:13 PM   #51
388cube_edxr8
Nutty Professor

Giving way to a bus so he can pull out is one thing, but I'm talking about when the bus indicates and pulls out instantly, while I am already beside it on my way past. Get over yourself and read the post properly next time.

"swerving onto the wrong side of the road in peak hour to avoid a bus that's just randomly decided he wants the exact piece of road that I happen to be occupying at the time."
If you buy a rubbish car, what you are saying is "I have no interest in cars." If you have no interest in cars, you have no interest in driving, and if you have no interest in something, it means you're no good at it, which means you must have your driving license taken away.
Old 16-05-2010, 01:21 PM   #52
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

For me its just the ignorance of alot of other road users, some people act like they are the only ones out there!
Old 16-05-2010, 01:24 PM   #53
vanman_75
XD Sundowner

that as a percentage there must be a fair few drivers on this forum that fit in all these categories , you know it
Old 16-05-2010, 01:28 PM   #54
pottery beige
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Bogan's in V6 Crappadore's that alway's want a race.............
Old 16-05-2010, 01:38 PM   #55
TUF_302
The Vengeful One
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman_75
that as a percentage there must be a fair few drivers on this forum that fit in all these categories , you know it
Of course lol!
Old 16-05-2010, 01:54 PM   #56
Brazen
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I actually love tailgaters, I respect a bit of assertiveness on the roads, and if im not going fast il pull over and let them pass, easy.

Busses and taxis pulling out in front of me and cutting me off does not bother me at all. These guys have to spend up to 12 hours a day in crap Australian traffic with crap Australian drivers, they need to be a bit aggressive.

I think a lot of things people hate on the road is due to simply their ego or manhood being challenged.
Old 16-05-2010, 02:21 PM   #57
Glennz XR8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
I think a lot of things people hate on the road is due to simply their ego or manhood being challenged.
I think it's more to do with most things people posted being dangerous rather than a "challenge of their manhood".
s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen
I actually love tailgaters, I respect a bit of assertiveness on the roads.
It's not assertiveness, It's impatience and dangerous.
Old 16-05-2010, 03:14 PM   #58
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

I remember our bus driver at school, he'd never give way to his right at roundabouts and nearly cause accidents, or pulling out in front of cars coming towards us at 100km/h.
Old 16-05-2010, 03:15 PM   #59
chevypower
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennz XR8
I think it's more to do with most things people posted being dangerous rather than a "challenge of their manhood".
s

It's not assertiveness, It's impatience and dangerous.
I think reacting to tailgaters can be even more dangerous than just treating it like nothing is wrong. Slamming on the brakes, and other moves to vent frustration make the person being tailgated equally as guilty. You often hear people say "oh, I slam my brakes on, or deliberately go slow to ******** them off." That right there is dangerous.

I think Brazen has a point, too many people like to be the police on the road to try to prove their own self-worth or "manhood." Why be so reactive when people make mistakes or simply lack courtesy? Reacting to such people in a negative way. We all need to flash our headlights less, honk our horns less and just chill. And if someone doesn't indicate, let it go. I think road rage often starts with somebody thinking they were in the right, and the other person was in the wrong...and how dare they!!!!!!

And in regard to busses, I thought in most places, you have to let the busses pull out? You have to remember the bus drivers and truck drivers are car drivers, they are just at work. They are on a schedule, and driving something bigger, so it's not too hard for me to work around them.
Old 16-05-2010, 03:19 PM   #60
xls3v

110kmh limit on country roads driving a v8
Closed Thread