Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 11-05-2010, 10:26 AM   #1
MOND30
If You Seek AU

Another source, probably same story...
http://ninemsn.carpoint.com.au/news/...eo-range-19311

So it's an upgraded 2.0L diesel, not the 2.2L, 400Nm beast previewed in the Mondeo wagon at the motor show a year or two ago?

That's a relief, otherwise I might have had to upgrade... ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5x..._OYiDekVUlmEhg
MOND30 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2010, 10:50 AM   #2
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Interesting.

There's two I'm interested in Titanium diesel wagon or hatch.

Already have the TDCi with all mod cons, but the extra space might be good.

So for me, I've got to stump up either $46,240 for the hatch or $47,740 for the wagon. Before on roads, so add probably another $2K onto those prices (is that about right?). Looking like $48K hatch or $51K wagon. Getting up there.

I have a child and probably another on the way (when I upgrade in Jan), so that means I can't lay the seats down unless I take out child seats which I am loathe to do.

So (SAE/ISO), seats up hatch: 816 / 528
Seats up wagon: 1005 / 542
Difference: SAE - 189, ISO - 14.

Question is, is the extra space worth the extra cost of the wagon over the hatch?

Will the sunroof still be standard on the hatch? There's no talk of it with the wagon.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-05-2010, 02:03 PM   #3
RicOz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Question is, is the extra space worth the extra cost of the wagon over the hatch?
Dusty... go the wagon, its really not much more to pay. I have two kids now and with two prams and shopping etc, the wagon's larger boot height space and no lip really does help. Plus the wagon looks great, its got a nicer shape than the hatch... just my opinon.
Old 11-05-2010, 11:21 AM   #4
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dusty
I don't think that there's any difference in floor area between the hatch and wagon. The extra space will probably be due to the wider tailgate opening.

Of course, you can always get more in a wagon because your load can be above the window line. For example, I can easily carry a decent size Christmas tree in my wagon, which I wouldn't want to try with a hatch.
Old 12-05-2010, 09:19 AM   #5
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Agreed, not having a lip really helps. Plus the wagon tailgate gives you much more protection from the rain.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:35 PM   #6
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I'm happy to look at the wagon, and it would be my preferred vehicle. Without a cargo barrier in place, I don't like the idea of stacking to the roof.

I like the idea of no lip to get stuff over, although that might encourage the drag across and not the lift over (like the deck of the closed hatch is a handy place to leave the handbag). I've got one of those pull out bumper protectors, and surprise!, I'm the only one who's used it.

For the price of the wagon, close to $50K, I could get a Skoda Octavia RS wagon, or even stump up for a *prepare for backlash* a Kia Sorrento Platinum. Re-sale doesn't really worry me as I lease.

Anyone know if the sunroof will still be standard on both the hatch and the wagon? I love my sunroof.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:57 PM   #7
RicOz

Quote:
Anyone know if the sunroof will still be standard on both the hatch and the wagon? I love my sunroof.
I assume the sunroof will be standard on the Titanium only. You can get sunroof on the MB Zetec for now.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:47 PM   #8
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:

Does it take headroom space inside the car?

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2010, 10:27 PM   #9
mondo_broady
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
For the price of the wagon, close to $50K, I could get a Skoda Octavia RS wagon,
imho, the Mondeo TDCi Titanium is far superior to the Octavia RS wagon...

New ride: 2010 LV Focus XR5 - Moondust Silver - More mods than you can poke a stick at
mondo_broady is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2010, 11:34 AM   #10
Martyvan
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'm happy to look at the wagon, and it would be my preferred vehicle. Without a cargo barrier in place, I don't like the idea of stacking to the roof.

I like the idea of no lip to get stuff over, although that might encourage the drag across and not the lift over (like the deck of the closed hatch is a handy place to leave the handbag). I've got one of those pull out bumper protectors, and surprise!, I'm the only one who's used it.

For the price of the wagon, close to $50K, I could get a Skoda Octavia RS wagon, or even stump up for a *prepare for backlash* a Kia Sorrento Platinum. Re-sale doesn't really worry me as I lease.

Wagon would be the go, and dont forget, fleet pricing will bring that down substantially, as it will for all brands... I got my pajero 12 months ago, for about $16k off list price... I know my old man just got a Territory Ghia for about 15-20% off RRP, although imported vehicles have a lot less margin to play with than australian made....
Martyvan is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #11
Dusty1
Giddy up!

I'm just on six foot, and the sunroof would lower the roof by 50 mm or so. Maybe a bit more. My head would probably be a couple of centimetres from the roof now. I have the seat all the way down, and back a bit.

I have it tilted open probably the majority of times. And the cover is always back except when it's really hot, when I will still have it tilted open.
Previous:
Old 12-05-2010, 06:05 PM   #12
MOND30
If You Seek AU

I'm 6'2" and I haven't had any issues with headroom under my sunroof. Granted the seat is set back and low, but I still do adjust the seat height once in a while and it's fine.

Cheers.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5x..._OYiDekVUlmEhg
MOND30 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-05-2010, 02:25 PM   #13
Dusty1
Giddy up!

How do I get fleet pricing? My lease is a personal one, and I salary sacrifice for it, and it's not tied up with anything else. When I left my previous position, I was novating it, but did so for three months, then it reverted to a straight lease between me and the leasing company.

I have a mate who works at Ford, so I could get Family and Friends, but they only offer that on Australian made cars I think.
Previous:
Old 14-05-2010, 11:53 AM   #14
ajay1940

Don't know if this positive review has been posted already. This site is usually pretty reliable.
http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/roa...ondeo-econetic
ajay1940 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-05-2010, 05:33 PM   #15
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

This is the old model !

apstar
Old 31-05-2010, 05:25 PM   #16
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I give up Ford is releasing the new transit van with wait for it!!

Quote:
The front-wheel-drive Transit ECOnetic Van is powered by a recalibrated version of the 2.2 litre Duratorq diesel engine and paired with a six-speed manual transmission.
apstar
Old 30-06-2010, 09:01 PM   #17
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

yep...no 3-pedal manual by the look of it.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2010, 02:17 PM   #18
Dusty1
Giddy up!

That's me out of a Mondeo then. I was looking at the new Titanium wagon as updated, but if it's going to be mid-2011, I'll have to look at another model.
Four years on the lease will mean that I'll have to start spending money on it, and I want to avoid that if I can.
Previous:
Old 11-07-2010, 02:46 PM   #19
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
That's me out of a Mondeo then. I was looking at the new Titanium wagon as updated, but if it's going to be mid-2011, I'll have to look at another model.
Four years on the lease will mean that I'll have to start spending money on it, and I want to avoid that if I can.
Dusty

Mate wait till Sept! had a phone call from Ford on Thursday asking me if I was happy with the service from my dealer etc,etc, I held nothing back trust me! I was then asked when I will consider getting into a new car and what will I choose? I said that depends on Ford as I am happy with the TDCi but will be very unhappy if Ford keeps messing about getting the upgraded Mondeo she told me it's not Ford Australia fault we only get what Ford Europe will give us because of our size they have asked for models and they said NO!! but she then said they are pushing hard to please everyone here and said hang on till early September something WILL happen

apstar
Old 11-07-2010, 02:59 PM   #20
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
Dusty

Mate wait till Sept! had a phone call from Ford on Thursday asking me if I was happy with the service from my dealer etc,etc, I held nothing back trust me! I was then asked when I will consider getting into a new car and what will I choose? I said that depends on Ford as I am happy with the TDCi but will be very unhappy if Ford keeps messing about getting the upgraded Mondeo she told me it's not Ford Australia fault we only get what Ford Europe will give us because of our size they have asked for models and they said NO!! but she then said they are pushing hard to please everyone here and said hang on till early September something WILL happen

apstar
My lease is up in Jan (4th, a b*stard of a date). So they will need to get it together for me quickly as I can't be without a car for months while they import one for me.

No one's called me.
Previous:
Old 12-07-2010, 11:05 PM   #21
anthman
Starter Motor

Quote:
Dusty

apstar
For what it is worth, this article suggests it is entirely Ford Australia's fault.

Drive
anthman is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2010, 11:34 PM   #22
rob270
Starter Motor

Reading some of the European and UK forums indicates big (5 months +) delivery times and even worse with the new TDCi & Powershift combo. Since we are small fry and with IMO Ford's lack of marketing of such a good product, we will have to wait a bit longer. Damn shame that.

I don't hold much to that Drive article, not a great fan of the journo writing it. The 2.2 TDCi mentioned in that article is not currently available in the new Mondeo range in Europe / UK either as all the new engines are to meet Euro 5 emissions and the previous 2.2 is Euro 4. Additionally there has been some chatter on the internets about the suitability of the Powershift trans with the higher torque output of the 2.2 engine. Interrestingly, there is a Volvo V60 being released soon with a 2.4 diesel engine that has a higher torque output (400 nm +) that's being installed with a Powershift trans made by Getrag as well.
rob270 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-07-2010, 11:57 PM   #23
Joe5619
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Titanium Wagon will be here in a month or two... The update they are talking about is the one after the one we are getting in a month or two..

http://www.ford.com.au/servlet/Conte...=FOA&i1=5&12=0
Joe5619 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-07-2010, 10:52 PM   #24
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Dusty, don't worry about the facelift. The upgraded diesel and Powershift is the Good Stuff. Oh, and the standard roof rails!
Old 13-07-2010, 10:22 AM   #25
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Reading that article says that the Mondeo when released in Q3 is going to get new centre console and sat nav. That's not on the Ford site, so I guess he's talking about the update to come out in 2011?
Issue for me is that I lease and don't have a second car and can't be waiting 3 months like I was for the Mondeo I have now. If I can't get one delivered when I want it (early Jan), I'll look for something else.
Previous:
Old 13-07-2010, 04:11 PM   #26
rob270
Starter Motor

As far as my local dealer has advised, the only new items are the new TDCi engine and Powershift transmission and availability of this in the wagon range and a new Titanium level wagon. The below link is better than the Drive article for more info.

http://www.carsales.com.au/news/2010...eo-range-19311

Rob
rob270 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-07-2010, 05:47 PM   #27
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I don't think new TDCi engine & auto will be enough to trade up to the update model at least for me its not. May wait to see what the final model looks like next year :hrod

apstar
Old 13-07-2010, 11:12 PM   #28
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I don't think new TDCi engine & auto will be enough to trade up to the update model at least for me its not. May wait to see what the final model looks like next year :hrod

apstar
Wait until you drive it. The specs for the upgraded diesel are a huge advance on the current model, and the Powershift should further improve performance and fuel consumption. From what I've seen on the UK forums, the facelift is just fluff unless running lights are your thing. I will certainly be test driving the new diesel when it arrives in NZ.
Old 13-07-2010, 08:36 PM   #29
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Looks like Titanium wagon comes with new auto and roof rails.
No mention of the sunroof which is standard on the hatch (currently).
I'm starting to come around to your way of thinking apstar.
Previous:
Old 14-07-2010, 09:16 PM   #30
allanv6gt
Tippy-tronic Free Zone

At the bottom of that CarSales article re XR5...
Ford in Europe has ceased production of the turbocharged Mondeo XR5, but Ford Australia has secured enough stock to meet customer demand for the next four or five months.
This is contrary to what my local dealer (x2 salesmen) told me a couple of weeks ago......No more, none ever). So I went home and found numerous on the internet ...but interstate. Email enquiry 4pm Sat, response in 15mins, couple of phone calls checking numbers, and sale completed by 5:30 Sat. Full marks to Dale Ford in Sydney.
I'll be driving home next Friday after a week of business in Syd. Woo hoo!!

When my lease runs out, Ford OZ may have provided an XR5 substitute, or I'll go shopping elsewhere. No brand loyalty to modern cars, just my insanity for ancient 40 yr old V6.
allanv6gt is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post