Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 14-06-2011, 03:34 PM   #61
Lotte
YE-US! Wait. I don't know

Default Re: Shoe's on powerlines.

Many theories, one of which is there's been domestics at that house, funny seeing as the house I moved into was apparently previously owned by a bloke who beat his wife and locked his kids in their rooms.

BUT!! One thing I have only seen once is the handset of a phone on a power line, held up there with the cord wrapped over two lines (and it was one of those old school ones that had the dials from what I could tell). I've got a photo somewhere, I'll dig it up when I get home. I'm wondering if this means a phone worker lives nearby....
The Weekender: '06 BF Pursuit, Toxic, lumpy af

Lotte is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 06:10 PM   #62
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
a bit like the old stories if a house has a red front door, it is a house of ill repute (for want of a better discription)\
Isn't it red light? A house with ladies of dubious virtue.
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 06:31 PM   #63
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by plarazza
Yes but how many detectives do you think there are? Also if they spend time getting evidence for a warrant. Then turns out they 1. don't find anything or 2. was not a drug dealers place , they have wasted not only time but money.

Police are not clueless they know that shoes over lines can indicate drug dealers but it is simply not logical or worthwhile attempting to investigate further as they are everywhere.

I'm mearly pointing out, that this shoe over the powerline indicates a drug dealer is around is a load of crock. I'm fully aware it takes a bit of time and effort to get a warrant and conviction for drug dealing. After all, I'm not a fresh face out of school. I have been around for a fair few years adn have seen my fair share of things.

Then, as another member mentioned. How are you going to find the dealer in the area? Knock on everyones door until you get lucky. (Or unlucky when the dealer shoves a knife in your stomach because he doesn't know you from a bar of soap )

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone

Last edited by svo supporter; 14-06-2011 at 06:44 PM.
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 06:36 PM   #64
svo supporter
Fixing Ford's **** ups

Quote:
Originally Posted by au3xr6
The fact is they could barge in straight away and make an arrest but it won't stick. it takes time to build a solid case that will stand up in court with a good barrister defending. I used to work in Drug and alcohol treatment and learned a lot about the legal ploys used, believe me these guys cover themselves well.
I knew of a dealer it took nearly 5 years to get him as he had all his family doing the dirty work. They got one and locked them up another popped up. He basically only handled the big buys so it was difficult for them to get him they had to get an undercover to work on him for years to nail him. 6 months is not unusual when it comes to building a solid case and no it’s not time spent eating doughnuts

I'm not a fresh face out of school. I have been around. All I'm saying is, shoes over power lines indicates a drug dealer round the area, is a load of crock.

I'm also aware of a few little tricks the locals use to nab a dealer. Geez, a nephew, the dumb idiot, recently got busted bringing in some acid from O/S. he'd been doing it once a week for the last 9 months. In the end he got busted and now he's waiting to find out how long he gets. And I think, serves the little idiot right.

Please read the manual carefully, as the these manufacturers spent millions of dollars making sure it is perfect.....Now why are there so many problems with my car, when I follow the instructions to the letter?....Answer, majority rules round here

Lock me up and throw away the key because I'm a hoon....I got caught doing 59 in a 60 zone

Last edited by svo supporter; 14-06-2011 at 06:44 PM.
svo supporter is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 07:24 PM   #65
onfire
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A lot of theories get thrown around about shoe tossing. I think it means more in the US than it does anywhere else.

You'd think Drug Dealers/growers would have a pretty decently set up network without having to advertise to the random, general public where to purchase drugs. Of all the things, if I was a criminal I'd rather fly completely under the radar that have the local Police sniffing around, or simply neighbours asking the same questions as asked in here.

Back in the early 1990s, when I was a kid we had these things called " bike gangs ", where groups of kids would ride around their neighborhood. It was nothing sinister and it was more about being around the age or 9 or 10 and finally getting a bit of freedom to explore with your mates.

Yet you rode into a different 'hood, their was usually a stare down and probably a few naughty words exchanged.

Yet, of course kids grow up and in a lot of cases, some never leave that mentality of something being " their turf " it usually meant someone rolled into a scrubby neighborhood, and rather than getting water-bombed or gum-nutted that got the snot beaten out of them for being smart.. and little gangsters being little gangsters, they needed to make a point: their shoes thrown up on power-lines so every one would know who they couldn't mess with.
onfire is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-06-2011, 08:02 PM   #66
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Damo
Isn't it red light? A house with ladies of dubious virtue.
Or as Terry Pratchett writes, "Ladies of negotiable affection"
Old 04-07-2011, 10:05 PM   #67
black54

Some do-do has just chucked up a pair outside the neighbours place??
Nice respectable people in their 70's or 80's.
Kinda says wtf about most of the reasons used!!
Hmmmmm....they do have a nice house though, i wonder..........
black54 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-07-2011, 04:01 AM   #68
fmc351
let it burn

Like many things, it will have varying meanings for those who are involved. We used to do it. Some kid would take his shoes off for some reason and some other b4stard would just tie them together and throw them up there. Boredom, tools, to be ******, any or all of the above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave351cid
they still do
Back when I was a teenager, there was a long length of wire between two poles across a creek (largish gully too) and the poles were supported by guy wires. If enough teenagers could get a hold of the conduit covering the guy wire and we could time it right, push, pull, push, pull etc we often got wires swinging in the middle to touch, spark and sometimes throw the power off. If it didnt work someone nearly always resorted to throwing a bike chain over a couple of the power wires.

Yeah we thought that was a great lark. Boredom.
fmc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post