Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Closed Thread

Old 28-05-2021, 10:08 AM   #10951
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Covid 19 -

so a federal coalition mp is towing the federal coalition line against a state opposition

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
This user likes this post:
Old 28-05-2021, 10:57 AM   #10952
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Looks like Avalon might be the preferred site now, rather than Mickleham. Makes more sense as there is actually an airport out there. Can international flights be diverted from Tullmarine to Avalon? Make em walk We might not be able to afford bus drivers after this round.

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/v...27-p57vsm.html

And, one opens up two news sites this morning to have a look see at the updates, here all the head lines basically on 2 pages, I'll save everyone the trouble.....
  • Victoria records four new COVID-19 cases; exposure site list swells to more than 120
  • Victoria needs to accept mistakes in lockdown blame game
  • School closures do more harm to children than the virus, experts warn
  • State 'primed for a third wave': Infectious diseases expert
  • "It's just not fair": Lockdown a part pooper for kids; birthdays
  • Victorians are paying the price for a system that’s not up to scratch
  • CLUSTER GROWS TO 30: New cases confirmed as Victoria lockdown begins
  • NSW on high alert as virus spreads
  • Covid exposure sites to surge above 150
  • ‘Perfect storm’: Fears Vic cases will surge
  • Boomers flee locked down Melbourne
  • Project hosts slam ‘infuriating’ lockdown

I was expecting to see one "It's for your own good"....but alas, I can't find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
I tried calling again at 0630 this morning, as it is advertised as a 24-hour a day service. .....
Thanks Foxtrot. I might give it a crack in a couple of days when everyone else has given up and the lines have cleared.
Old 28-05-2021, 11:40 AM   #10953
Work Horse
Budget Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
Gardeners are permitted workers this time round.

So I can keep paying tax

"Landscaping and gardening operators who have an ABN ,undertaking outdoor work only.
Services must operate solely outdoors with up to five people where physical distancing can be maintained at all times."

https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/sites/de...Version_15.pdf
Sorry I quoted old incorrect information that is unfortunately still up online

Gardeners not included in current permitted worker list.

https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/sites...strictions.pdf

I work alone outside but can not work.

My daughter can still do her shifts at Maccas. If I worked in; a restaurant/cafe, professional sports broadcasting/playing, horse/greyhound racing or construction I'd be golden.

Last edited by Work Horse; 28-05-2021 at 11:48 AM.
Old 28-05-2021, 12:03 PM   #10954
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Data valid as at 00:00 GMT May 27th, 2021.

Note: As not all Australian States report at the same time, the data below is based on the previous full day reporting.

17 new cases for Australia and no deaths so the CMR is 3.027%.

1 case and no deaths for NZ so CMR is 0.974% and active cases 21.

The UK had a higher 3,380 cases yesterday and 10 deaths.

Just over 23.5k new cases in the USA yesterday and 1,412 deaths sees CMR at 1.787%. Note that the USA is actually minus one day due to time differences.

Other notable points:

Taiwan (405);
Bolivia (3,213);
Malaysia (7,857);
Colombia
(25,092); and
Argentina (41,080)

... recorded new daily highs; those in blue for the second consecutive day and those in red for a third or more consecutive day.

Namibia, Uganda and the Dominican Republic move above the 90th percentile for their 10 day average and none drop below.

Observatio Facta Rotae

Last edited by russellw; 28-05-2021 at 02:05 PM.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-05-2021, 12:44 PM   #10955
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
I tried calling again at 0630 this morning, as it is advertised as a 24-hour a day service. Got through the first time, so at least that's an improvement. Listened to the selection options and navigated my way through to the vaccination booking line. Only to be told that facility is only available from 8am.

Thanks. Would have been nice if you'd told me that at the start so that I didn't consume lines unnecessarily.

Anyway, if you're looking to make a vaccination booking, don't bother trying before 8. Will be interesting to see how the phone lines handled the expected surge at 8.

Edit, just tried calling again and there's a new number to try for vaccination appointments. I missed what it was so tried calling the 1800 675 398 number again, but got through this time? Currently on hold.

2nd E: Sat on hold for 10 minutes then the line just disconnected. Rang back again and got the message about the new number. It is 1800 571 121. Tried calling and it just disconnects straight away. Guess I'll just keep trying....
Heard on ABC News radio a little while ago that the Vic booking system has crashed again for the 2nd time in 2 days, with some people on hold for 2hrs.
Old 28-05-2021, 12:51 PM   #10956
Citroënbender
DIY Tragic

Chairman's Award: Chairman's Award - Issue reason: Your outstanding contributions to this community have not gone unnoticed. IN my view you are a worthy recipient of the (rarely used) Chairman's Award. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Work Horse View Post
I work alone outside but can not work.
If you do hardworks it probably is part of “construction”, if you tend any vegetable gardens it might be agriculture?
2 users like this post:
Old 28-05-2021, 12:59 PM   #10957
russellw
Chairman & Administrator
Donating Member3

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: Raptor: For Continued, and prolonged service to the wider Ford Community 

Looking at the weekly figures (our statistical week end on a Thursday):

Africa is back up the last two weeks after the two weeks before showed declining numbers with an extra 5.3k cases over last week. However, the 68.8k cases is well below the January peak of 226k and below the 142k 90th percentile.

South America is also back up the last two weeks after the two weeks before showed declining numbers with an extra 28.8k cases over last week. The 958.8k cases sets a new weekly peak and obviously exceeds the 844k 90th percentile.

Europe has steeply declined the last six weeks and this week was 123k cases lower than last week. The 391k cases is well below the 1.9M case peak of last November but also well below the 1.5M 90th percentile.

North America has also steeply declined the last seven weeks and this week was 58k cases lower than last week. The 249k cases is well below the 1.9M case peak of January but also well below the 1.5M 90th percentile.

An interesting side note is that the 90th percentile for both Europe and North America is almost identical at 1,579,755 and 1,579,424 respectively as are the peak weekly figures of 1,902,412 and 1,906,671 despite Europe having a population that is 160M higher.

Asia has also declined the last three weeks as things stabilise in India and there were 465.2k less cases this week compared to last week. The 2.08M cases is well below the 4.5M peak of four weeks ago and now below the 3.5M 90th percentile.

Here is a short term graph that looks at only the last 8 weeks.

Observatio Facta Rotae

3 users like this post:
Old 28-05-2021, 01:35 PM   #10958
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasoLane View Post
Heard on ABC News radio a little while ago that the Vic booking system has crashed again for the 2nd time in 2 days, with some people on hold for 2hrs.
Yep. Oh hold for 2 hours, then get connected to a call centre in "another state", then getting disconnected as they are about to make the booking.

Call centre staff are being doubled, and Telstra is opening up more bandwitdth. My guess is that the calls are being handled by one of Telstra's many business technology centres in Syd.

Old 28-05-2021, 01:40 PM   #10959
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3rminator View Post
Yep. Oh hold for 2 hours, then get connected to a call centre in "another state", then getting disconnected as they are about to make the booking.

Call centre staff are being doubled, and Telstra is opening up more bandwitdth. My guess is that the calls are being handled by one of Telstra's many business technology centres in Syd.

Hey it could be worse. It could be one of their call centres in India
Old 28-05-2021, 01:45 PM   #10960
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Hey it could be worse. It could be one of their call centres in India
Actually just remembered someone that I used to work with in the UK just became an "Group Executive" in Telstra. She is a beauty.....in more than one sense. Might give her a call and see whats up....
Old 28-05-2021, 01:46 PM   #10961
tweeked
N/A all the way

Quote:
Can international flights be diverted from Tullmarine to Avalon?
Avalon is already an International Airport. A few low cost carriers have used it.

Old 28-05-2021, 02:00 PM   #10962
Itsme
Experienced Member

Deleted
Old 28-05-2021, 02:03 PM   #10963
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Looks like Avalon might be the preferred site now, rather than Mickleham. Makes more sense as there is actually an airport out there. Can international flights be diverted from Tullmarine to Avalon? Make em walk We might not be able to afford bus drivers after this round.

And, one opens up two news sites this morning to have a look see at the updates, here all the head lines basically on 2 pages, I'll save everyone the trouble.....
  • Victoria records four new COVID-19 cases; exposure site list swells to more than 120
  • Victoria needs to accept mistakes in lockdown blame game
  • School closures do more harm to children than the virus, experts warn
  • State 'primed for a third wave': Infectious diseases expert
  • "It's just not fair": Lockdown a part pooper for kids; birthdays
  • Victorians are paying the price for a system that’s not up to scratch
  • CLUSTER GROWS TO 30: New cases confirmed as Victoria lockdown begins
  • NSW on high alert as virus spreads
  • Covid exposure sites to surge above 150
  • ‘Perfect storm’: Fears Vic cases will surge
  • Boomers flee locked down Melbourne
  • Project hosts slam ‘infuriating’ lockdown

I was expecting to see one "It's for your own good"....but alas, I can't find it.

Thanks Foxtrot. I might give it a crack in a couple of days when everyone else has given up and the lines have cleared.
Lindsay Fox will be rubbing his grubby hands for the extra $$$ to be made out of this if Avalon is chosen.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-05-2021, 02:12 PM   #10964
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:

At least you are getting through. On the 1800571121 number I just keep getting a message that the line is inundated in my area and to try calling again later.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
Old 28-05-2021, 02:23 PM   #10965
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
At least you are getting through. On the 1800571121 number I just keep getting a message that the line is inundated in my area and to try calling again later.
No, I haven't tried, just heard on ABC. It also reported that some people have been rocking up on site without a booking, and have received the pfizer, but authorities are not recommending that because its hard for them to plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Officemanager View Post
Lindsay Fox will be rubbing his grubby hands for the extra $$$ to be made out of this if

Avalon is chosen.
It is sounding like it will be Vic Gov design, but either wholly or partially Federal funded. If its federally funded, then one could assume they will make the call on the builders. I think the original tie in with Lindsay was with Vic Gov? Either way, someone will be a winner A lift and drop design of Howard Springs is probably the most economical, but I think Vic Gov wanted it to be used for more than just quarantine. What other uses could it have? An immigration detention centre? Mental health retreat?
Old 28-05-2021, 02:33 PM   #10966
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
No, I haven't tried, just heard on ABC. It also reported that some people have been rocking up on site without a booking, and have received the pfizer, but authorities are not recommending that because its hard for them to plan.
Breaking news: I've just made a booking for Pfizer jab at my local vacc centre here in town for next Monday at 10:15. I had success getting through on the 1800675398 number and was on hold for just under 25 minutes. But I'm in and, all going well, should have my first shot in the next few days. Pretty happy about that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

5 users like this post:
Old 28-05-2021, 05:03 PM   #10967
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Breaking news: I've just made a booking for Pfizer jab at my local vacc centre here in town for next Monday at 10:15. I had success getting through on the 1800675398 number and was on hold for just under 25 minutes. But I'm in and, all going well, should have my first shot in the next few days. Pretty happy about that.
So my escalation channels worked then?

Will try tonight. Tempted to try book the one in Bendigo, great excuse for a road trip.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-05-2021, 06:05 PM   #10968
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:

It is sounding like it will be Vic Gov design, but either wholly or partially Federal funded. If its federally funded, then one could assume they will make the call on the builders. I think the original tie in with Lindsay was with Vic Gov? Either way, someone will be a winner A lift and drop design of Howard Springs is probably the most economical, but I think Vic Gov wanted it to be used for more than just quarantine. What other uses could it have? An immigration detention centre? Mental health retreat?
As I'm aware the Vic government still indicates Mickleham as the preferred site and as use for an immigration centre makes sense as it will be close to our other existing Maribyrnong centre.
If the Avalon centre does goes ahead then that will disprove the rumours with Daniel Andrews real reason for back injury.
2 users like this post:
Old 28-05-2021, 07:30 PM   #10969
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
As I'm aware the Vic government still indicates Mickleham as the preferred site and as use for an immigration centre makes sense as it will be close to our other existing Maribyrnong centre.
If the Avalon centre does goes ahead then that will disprove the rumours with Daniel Andrews real reason for back injury.
The rumour that he got drunk at Lindsay's house and fell over? Why would an Avalon approval disprove that? I would have thought it would back it up?!

Quote:
"The Age has learned that the federal government prefers Avalon because it would like to keep open the option of expanding the pet facility in Mickleham, the only one of its kind in Australia, onto neighbouring land.

Victorian government officials have accepted the decision on where to build an alternative to hotel quarantine ultimately rests with the Commonwealth, which owns the land at both sites."

"Mr Merlino revealed on Thursday that the federal government had granted Victorian officials access to the land at both Mickleham and Avalon, where they will undertake detailed assessments and design work. An expression of interest tender will open on Friday for construction companies."
So tender opened today?
Old 28-05-2021, 07:31 PM   #10970
zilo
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldel View Post
Most of the WA ones have been short because they were HQ workers who used QR codes so contact tracing was easy and they had spacing, hygiene, hand sanitizer use drilled into them.

But a lot of the general population or 'close contacts' don't give a stuff about QR or hygiene and hand sanitizer use, so once it's fully out there it spreads quickly. We've become complacent, letting the governments deal with it then whinging about it...

All this hand sanitizer crap has been exposed for what it always was...a waste of time...the virus is air borne...no hand washing will stop it.

As for spacing....impossible in our cities...a guy in quarantine on the third floor can be dropping the virus onto the foot path.

The only way to stop it is quarantine in a remote location away from a population center....for 28 days I reckon.

(It's the red triangle with exclamation mark on the left)
Old 28-05-2021, 07:38 PM   #10971
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zilo View Post
All this hand sanitizer crap has been exposed for what it always was...a waste of time...the virus is air borne...no hand washing will stop it.

As for spacing....impossible in our cities...a guy in quarantine on the third floor can be dropping the virus onto the foot path.

The only way to stop it is quarantine in a remote location away from a population center....for 28 days I reckon.
Yep. Tasmania is looking good
Old 28-05-2021, 07:53 PM   #10972
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
The rumour that he got drunk at Lindsay's house and fell over? Why would an Avalon approval disprove that? I would have thought it would back it up?!

So tender opened today?
There is more to the rumour than getting drunk, it is what he suppose to have done that had him thrown down the stairs from a particular person.
Yea just a rumour.
5 users like this post:
Old 28-05-2021, 08:19 PM   #10973
DJR-351
I am Groot
Donating Member3

Quote:
I was in Tassie just over a month ago and now I'm in the NT, the weather is way better up here........

"Those were the days when the cars were cars, they weren't built out of an Ikea pack like they are now and clothed in plastic; they were real cars." John Bowe
Old 28-05-2021, 08:45 PM   #10974
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

A win to VicDanistan... keep it up!

https://covidlive.com.au/report/vaccinations
Old 28-05-2021, 08:59 PM   #10975
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post

https://covidlive.com.au/report/vaccinations
One good thing from this lockdown is seeing more people get vaccinated.
Old 28-05-2021, 09:16 PM   #10976
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

So I readied myself for a 2 hr wait, popcorn, ice cream, footy on telly. Called the hotline, "this service is available 8am to 8pm"...missed it by THAT much. I thought someone said it was a 24hr hotline?

Quote:
One good thing from this lockdown is seeing more people get vaccinated.
Yep. Its amazing what can happen when jabs are re-prioritised. From 29 aged care facilities not being vaccinated yesterday, to what is it now........0? Opening the jabs to 40s has also been beneficial. And looks like funding for the quarantine facility will go ahead. Win win win.

Need to find out who this numptie is that ran around sick for 12 days unchecked. Even went to work admitting he was not feeling well. What a ....!

Quote:
Canberra ACT even better. Less populated and already a facility there with a ring of steel around it.
Old 28-05-2021, 10:07 PM   #10977
wodahs
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairmontGS View Post
VicDanistan , so that why slomo wants a new unneeded expensive power plant thats no where near infer-structure for his pet gal

https://joannenova.com.au/2021/05/ns...mes-in-a-week/

rebuilding the zh fairlane with a clevo 400m 4v heads injected whipple blown with aode 4 speed trans to a 9" ....... we'll get there eventually

just remember don't be afraid to try something new.
Remember, amateurs built the Ark...Professionals built the Titanic!

I have taken up meditation... at least it's better than sitting around doing nothing !!
2 users like this post:
Old 28-05-2021, 11:42 PM   #10978
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
So I readied myself for a 2 hr wait, popcorn, ice cream, footy on telly. Called the hotline, "this service is available 8am to 8pm"...missed it by THAT much. I thought someone said it was a 24hr hotline? .
See post 10949. Could have saved you the effort of trying to ring. Although I didn't actually state the end time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 29-05-2021, 08:40 AM   #10979
FairmontGS
WT GT
Donating Member3

A good summary of the last year or so

Why Melbourne yet again? The factors that fed into the latest coronavirus lockdown

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-...gain/100174084
Old 29-05-2021, 09:10 AM   #10980
T3rminator
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

15,000+ close contacts identified and isolated. How it all unfolded.... Vic was pretty much back to as normal as you could get during a pandemic, allowing 80,000+ at the MCG for anzac day, but it shows how quickly it can unfold.

2 users like this post:
Closed Thread