Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Ford Car Clubs > XR6 & XR8 Club of Queensland > XR Club of Qld Events

Old 06-12-2005, 12:52 AM   #91
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

What a great day amd I want to do it again, soon! I am a bit miffed by my times but as it was the first time that I had my car on the track I suppose i they are not too bad, pity my second stint wasn't timed as that would have been much quicker. Maybe next time we can have a bit of a practice session first and then a timed session.
Anyway, a big thanks to all those that organised the day and those that helped make it happen doing all those vital jobs on the day while we had fun a wrecked rubber. If anyone has any photos of the gecko, could you please PM me as I would love some copies, especially those that were taking pics at the back corner before the esses.

One last very important point,

What sauce would you lover's of sixes like with your humble pie?

Even the packing of hair dryers could not save you from the mighty 8's, long live the mighty V8
Old 06-12-2005, 09:03 AM   #92
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegabass
but holy dooly you AU was 1 second slower than mine
hmmmmmmmmmm me thinks the gurly man driver had a lot to do with that, ah well, to be bettered by your sweet **** car is by no means shameful. maybe a bit more doof doof would have increased my times, note to self, get serious doof doof speakers,place in boot so as sonic boom pushes car in forward motion. lol :sm_headba
Old 06-12-2005, 09:44 AM   #93
Blue Thunder 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PirtekGirl76
Woohoo – Go the EIGHTS! Looks like we sound better and go faster! What more could you ask for! : :eclipsee_ :

I am also over the moon that I did that well considering a not very nice man in a blue GT told me my times were shocking… :(

Here is a picture of one very very hot XR8 ute burning up the track.

Tori,
Hey!!! Don't be upset. : For the record I am a very nice man, and remember I am on your side. (Go the mighty V8's). All I was trying to say is a few more practice sessions on the track would not hurt. :eclipsee_ (I am sure you would LOVE that!!!). : A bit of room for improvement there. Maybe you should ask John Bowe for your money back. Oh well, the Mighty V8's still won, so I won't hold it against you.

CAN'T BEAT THAT AWESOME BONNET BULGE AND SOUND!!!!!!!! : :

Don't worry you sixes, us WINNING V8's still love you all. : : :

Shane
Blue Thunder 2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2005, 11:28 AM   #94
flappist
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Thunder 2
Tori,
Hey!!! Don't be upset. : For the record I am a very nice man, and remember I am on your side. (Go the mighty V8's). All I was trying to say is a few more practice sessions on the track would not hurt. :eclipsee_ (I am sure you would LOVE that!!!). : A bit of room for improvement there. Maybe you should ask John Bowe for your money back. Oh well, the Mighty V8's still won, so I won't hold it against you.

CAN'T BEAT THAT AWESOME BONNET BULGE AND SOUND!!!!!!!! : :

Don't worry you sixes, us WINNING V8's still love you all. : : :
Tori was doing ok, she just got pushed off the track by a bastard with no respect for perfect hair........
flappist is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2005, 12:56 PM   #95
Blue Thunder 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by flappist
Tori was doing ok, she just got pushed off the track by a bastard with no respect for perfect hair........

How dare he!!!. No respect for perfect hair, but don't forget the tiara on top.

Oh, I hope I am forgiven Tori for telling you that you were shocking. You know I am only having some fun. We can't knock another very proud GT owner can we? :
Ya Whoooo. Those mighty V8's. :

Shane
Old 06-12-2005, 01:06 PM   #96
Blue Thunder 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Coyote
Well just read the lap times and mine weren't there, guess I was going too fast for the time keepers.

Chris just told me if I was doing under 1.30 then I deserve the GT. SOMEONE PLEASE FIND THIS TIME FOR ME.

Had a great time but now Chris will have to take me again so I can earn the GT.

Catchya all Saturday night.

Mrs Coyote, Mrs Blue Thunder here. Did time you second time out. Chris asked me. Wrote it down on time sheets. Timed you for a couple of laps. Sorry, can't remember what the lap times were. Would have to check with Ken. Very sorry, don't think you were under 1.30. Might have to work a bit harder for a GT. Mind you I think second time around you were slowed down a bit with some traffic. Could ask Ken to rig the the sheets on the quiet.

Shane
Old 06-12-2005, 03:45 PM   #97
WHIPLASH
METALLICA and FORD FREAK

Talking Great Day

Little fox here. Had an awesome day and weekend with 888 day on the sunday, for his (foxy) first time he didnt do to bad with a 1.24 i think. Cant wait till the next race day and after august i might be out there. :hihi: doubt it but i can dream.

See you all next time, little fox.

PS some pics will come soon.

Rolling back in my au forte
*18" xhp jetz
*alpine 4000watt audio
*tickford t3 bodykit

Still got a V8 but wanting to offload the shell if anyone is interested PM me.

(1993 EB body, some minor marks, full interior (electrics need attention) NO MOTOR, gearbox needs 5th. Make offer.

Also in the shed is a 3.9ltr straight six (1990 EA). headers, crow cam, 5spd manual included. may need minor rebuild. Again make offer

WHIPLASH is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2005, 04:56 PM   #98
747FLI

Question Fox Gt

Hey Josh,

After that spin you took me on in your Dad's GT on Phillip Island (when he was asleep) proves you've got the talent!!!!! :monkes:

Dave :
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2005, 05:16 PM   #99
WHIPLASH
METALLICA and FORD FREAK

Talking Ha Ha

Yeah that was a good run ay, what time did we do again, lucky there where some spare tyres left. Ohh by the way thanx for the great food and entertainment on the trip dave you "yank". haha

Little fox

*18" xhp jetz
*alpine 4000watt audio
*tickford t3 bodykit

(1993 EB body, some minor marks, full interior (electrics need attention) NO MOTOR, gearbox needs 5th. Make offer.

Also in the shed is a 3.9ltr straight six (1990 EA). headers, crow cam, 5spd manual included. may need minor rebuild. Again make offer

Old 06-12-2005, 05:53 PM   #100
747FLI

Thumbs up Fox Gt

Thanks for your kind words little Fox! As far as the BBQing goes I look forward to cooking one up in Rocky in the New Year sometime I hope! As far as a time goes for that run I can't remember cause we stopped so long at the pub after...who drove home...I can't remember?!?!

:eclipsee_ :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_ :eclipsee_
  Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-12-2005, 06:36 PM   #101
WHIPLASH
METALLICA and FORD FREAK

Talking ha ha

Was it good old shanny. ha ha, yes it would be good to see you up here for a run, bathust perhaps, dad cooked this year but nothin to your standards he he

Little fox

*18" xhp jetz
*alpine 4000watt audio
*tickford t3 bodykit

Old 06-12-2005, 11:54 PM   #102
Penelope Pitstop
Can't get enough of this.

Location: Standing on the driveway sobbing because I don't have a PINK ute anymore :0(

I will forgive all of you because you all referred to my hair as perfect which means you all have extraordinary taste.

And my tiara ROCKS – I just don’t understand where the red carpet was at the track, I mean surely someone was notified that I was going to be there?!

And as for you Shane, I CAN NOT wait to get your butt on the track… I mean you can talk the talk and tease me all you like but at the end of the day you were too “busy” to get out there and walk the walk… ya big chicken! :

Just be warned I am going to get some more tuition before next year and I will kick some serious butt both V8’s and 6’s…. but especially you smarty pants boys who think you are soooo good… :evil_laug
Penelope Pitstop is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-12-2005, 12:26 AM   #103
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Always level headed and i notice him being the voice of reason when a thread may be getting heated 

Quote:
I will forgive all of you because you all referred to my hair as perfect which means you all have extraordinary taste.

And my tiara ROCKS – I just don’t understand where the red carpet was at the track, I mean surely someone was notified that I was going to be there?!

And as for you Shane, I CAN NOT wait to get your butt on the track… I mean you can talk the talk and tease me all you like but at the end of the day you were too “busy” to get out there and walk the walk… ya big chicken! :

Just be warned I am going to get some more tuition before next year and I will kick some serious butt both V8’s and 6’s…. but especially you smarty pants boys who think you are soooo good… :evil_laug
Bring it on girly! :
Old 08-12-2005, 12:46 PM   #104
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:
LOL what GECKO said!!!

Just remember my surprise!!!! MUHWAWAWAW

Nathan from Herrod Motorsport is arrangeing a EDIT for my EL!!!!

Ill be able to pass the 8's now instead of just keeping up with them!!!
Old 08-12-2005, 07:06 PM   #105
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

That if you don't break down again.... Hahahaha........ You 6's don't have a chance against the might of well tuned V8.........

Tuned by Elite Automotive

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
jabba is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2005, 07:11 PM   #106
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

if the 8's keep going around the corners side ways we stand a great chance, btw... have video footage of your masterful car control coming onto the front straight...tis to laugh te he te he ha ha ha ha
Old 08-12-2005, 07:12 PM   #107
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabba
That if you don't break down again.... Hahahaha........ You 6's don't have a chance against the might of well tuned V8.........
Be careful, I know what the secret it is and I am not gobbing off, it is going to be a weapon
Old 08-12-2005, 07:12 PM   #108
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_liss_lms10
if the 8's keep going around the corners side ways we stand a great chance, btw... have video footage of your masterful car control coming onto the front straight...tis to laugh te he te he ha ha ha ha
Does anyone have footage of mine, especially some of my drifting down the back.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:59 PM   #109
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

have some, but not long, just puttering down front straight
Old 08-12-2005, 08:50 PM   #110
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:

Ahh young Jabba enjoy you time out front because when when my 6 gets a "freshen" up ill have to see your reaction from my revision mirror!!!

My master mechanic thinks my engine will be tough (he usually doesnt build anything smaller than 460CI in size but he likes my ideas)

Im still scared of the gecko after seeing what it did last night at willowbank in like 50 degress and humidity of 99.
Old 08-12-2005, 09:10 PM   #111
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob_liss_lms10
I would love to see it can you host it on the forum.... I am having more suspension work on the ute tomorrow and I am hoping to get some good tires for it also. I can honestly say that I have never worked so hard at trying NOT to slide throgh the corners. But I gurss that I should expect it it driving a ute...

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 08-12-2005, 09:12 PM   #112
robc
Starter Motor

Thanks for a great day, my 1st ever with the club. Glad to be able to help the 6's to a win. Thanks to all the people who put a big effort into a perfect day. Robc
robc is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2005, 09:23 PM   #113
jabba
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Ahh young Jabba enjoy you time out front because when when my 6 gets a "freshen" up ill have to see your reaction from my revision mirror!!!

My master mechanic thinks my engine will be tough (he usually doesnt build anything smaller than 460CI in size but he likes my ideas)

Im still scared of the gecko after seeing what it did last night at willowbank in like 50 degress and humidity of 99.
Yer but horse power does not allways win the race, you still need some degree of talant. Which from were I was standing it did not look like the 6's had much. Bhahahahaha...

11.91 @ 117mph Vid
Old 08-12-2005, 10:13 PM   #114
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:

Wait till this bad boy has edit, I can't wait. You will get to see tomorrow night.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:22 PM   #115
liontamer2
Starter Motor

Quote:
Yer but horse power does not allways win the race, you still need some degree of talant. Which from were I was standing it did not look like the 6's had much. Bhahahahaha...
Funny how all i could see was you in my rear view mirror :
liontamer2 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-12-2005, 10:27 PM   #116
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

Quote:
Originally Posted by liontamer2
Funny how all i could see was you in my rear view mirror :
Maybe so but you still play on the lesser team :
Old 08-12-2005, 10:36 PM   #117
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Quote:

I agree 100% from sitting on the infield for a while i saw plenty of different approches to the corners.
but lets face it the extra 2 pistons must be compensation for other things!!
(just a cheap shot at all the 8 drivers : : : :the_finge : : :gren: )
Old 08-12-2005, 10:40 PM   #118
geckoGT
Ich bin ein auslander

What compensating for the lack of hair dryers?
Old 08-12-2005, 10:43 PM   #119
vegabass
BASS ON BOARD!

Broken Dizzys and coils.

and yes your cars sound better ill give you that.
Old 09-12-2005, 12:30 AM   #120
rob_liss_lms10
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

hope this works ok jabba...and is your car lol
http://www.zippyvideos.com/5601943342588246/jabba/
might be a bit slow though

crapola...is soooooooooo slow. will try and find another hosting site.