Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 01-11-2014, 03:44 PM   #1471
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Re: Geez! I hate that!

With jokes like that PS I can see why you've been banished to the shed with a broken iphone!
Old 01-11-2014, 04:17 PM   #1472
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You are 1 sick bunny.
Iam guessing your around the Riverland
Old 01-11-2014, 04:27 PM   #1473
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

true story......true as I'm standing here.

why don't neighbours ever return stuff......now I gotta go back over and reborrow their leaf rake.

G'day....I'm Dave, ...everyone calls me Poppa,..05.. B.A. Fairmont mark II...

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
poppa smurf is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-11-2014, 09:23 PM   #1474
DFB FGXR6
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: For the excellent car-care guide 

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppa smurf View Post
true story......true as I'm standing here.

why don't neighbours ever return stuff......now I gotta go back over and reborrow their leaf rake.
I reluctantly lend tools, particularly chainsaws!
Mustang GT

T3 TS50 - gone but not forgotten
DFB FGXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 01-11-2014, 10:23 PM   #1475
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

It may sound a bit silly, but my tools are a part of me, I totally love them, I've spent thousands on them and they have served me well. Some have broke, but for the most of it they keep working for many years - I don't buy crap tools.

I do lend tools, but you've gotta be a special kind of bloke. Like DFB FGXR6 said chainsaws are out of the question. If I need a chainsaw job done, I get the bloke who owns it come do the work and give him a slab of beer - the Aussie way of doing things!

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2014, 02:37 PM   #1476
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by tut0r View Post
My iphones great for ****ing off android lovers.
gloves off .....slaps face......devices at 20 paces .
mik is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-11-2014, 03:55 PM   #1477
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Why???

We android owners and users know that ours always work and have done so Loooong before iphones came on the scene.

WE WIN no contest.
Old 03-11-2014, 07:08 PM   #1478
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Well this true Tonz, and i hate it that the I phone folk feel the need stick the boot into the android peeps because they use something a bit different,
i almost feel guilty that my android device was $ 300 cheaper, does more and i didnt have to buy ..............an I usb cable seperately, i didnt have to buy a set of...................................... i head phone buds separately.
eye eye eye , but i spose we should let bygones be bygones.
Old 03-11-2014, 11:29 PM   #1479
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I didn't have to buy mine, it came with very good quality earphone buds, usb and charger in one.

it's just not old fart proof.

may your day's be filled with smiles, your life be filled with love, may your children know nothing but happiness and joy, cherish the memory of those who strove before us for they cleared the way, spare a thought for those who serve we owe so much to so many, life and the freedom to enjoy it is a special gift that can be taken away far too soon!
3 users like this post:
Old 04-11-2014, 09:36 AM   #1480
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

When you are filling out a form and ask for details from someone verbally and they peel off their full address or mobile number without a breath then look at you funny when you as then to repeat it.. Like you should be able to remember the whole thing the first time they say it.

Forms you fill in that give you inadequate space for certain info (like the arrival cards you need to fill in for most countries!) 2cm for my email address, sure no worries...

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2014, 11:23 AM   #1481
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

feral bloody paydays......halfwits racing around, failing to give way, pulling out in front.......sooner govco manages their income the better.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:02 PM   #1482
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
Well this true Tonz, and i hate it that the I phone folk feel the need stick the boot into the android peeps because they use something a bit different,
i almost feel guilty that my android device was $ 300 cheaper, does more and i didnt have to buy ..............an I usb cable seperately, i didnt have to buy a set of...................................... i head phone buds separately.
eye eye eye , but i spose we should let bygones be bygones.
I'm in a group with most of the blokes android and when they are alone great, together they are team fanboy! I like to stir the pot when I can because at the end of the day in my eyes, its a damn mobile phone, its for calls and such they both do it so who cares!

But its always fun to rile them up when I can. I like to use the approach of nonsensical arguments....Because you can't argue with an idiot! They'll only lower you to their standard and beat you with experience.

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
tut0r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2014, 01:13 PM   #1483
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I'm in a group with most of the blokes android and when they are alone great, together they are team fanboy! I like to stir the pot when I can because at the end of the day in my eyes, its a damn mobile phone, its for calls and such they both do it so who cares!

But its always fun to rile them up when I can. I like to use the approach of nonsensical arguments....Because you can't argue with an idiot! They'll only lower you to their standard and beat you with experience.
Yes it's OK when it's a bit of fun, I'm a bit of a phone geek and follow the tech reviews, but it always amazes me some of the dudes that talk about different brands of devices and have a real serious malicious hate for a brand x without any logical reason ....... and jeez I hate that (jokes).
Old 04-11-2014, 06:16 PM   #1484
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

I just picked up a Galaxy S4 on a $40 plan,(phone included) with $450 of credit a month that rolls over and 2.5 gig of data a month. It turned up in 4 days in the mail, no worries. The equivalent iphone would have cost $15 a month more and there's a 6-8 week wait for supply..............Really?, what is it with Apple and iphones, I don't get it.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2014, 06:45 PM   #1485
tut0r
Donating Member
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbasher View Post
I just picked up a Galaxy S4 on a $40 plan,(phone included) with $450 of credit a month that rolls over and 2.5 gig of data a month. It turned up in 4 days in the mail, no worries. The equivalent iphone would have cost $15 a month more and there's a 6-8 week wait for supply..............Really?, what is it with Apple and iphones, I don't get it.
From what I know apple has a better marketing program, 'its cool to own an iphone, ipod, ipad'. Teens go with whats cool, doesn't have to be practical as long as its cooler than their subsequent friend. My main reason for using apple is its simple, every android friend I have, cannot simplify their phone, its got this its got that i've done this, ohh look you can change this and that....**** me I want a phone not a blood palm pilot!

Even look at the older generation, it has two buttons that are always in the same spot, keeping it simple. Remember 'KISS'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik
Yes it's OK when it's a bit of fun, I'm a bit of a phone geek and follow the tech reviews, but it always amazes me some of the dudes that talk about different brands of devices and have a real serious malicious hate for a brand x without any logical reason ....... and jeez I hate that (jokes).
Completely agree mate, or those who will not even see your point because they are so blinded by their own!

Mods to Date
Ceramic Coated Pacemaker 4495s
2.5" Dual Venom exhaust,
Bluepower CAI
Eaton True Trac with 3.9s
20% Underdrive
EcoLpi Motor

RWKW: 200.0
Nm: 394

Mods to Follow
Supercharger
T56 Conversion TR6060
tut0r is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2014, 07:11 PM   #1486
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

this could be why iPhone users have attitude?

Last edited by thefargo; 22-10-2016 at 09:24 PM.
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2014, 07:16 PM   #1487
XR6WGN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What about me!!!!! I brought a Windows Phone

Not a bad phone - dumb operator!!

My Gallery Photos Here
XR6WGN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 04-11-2014, 08:53 PM   #1488
Bushbasher
When in doubt, GAS IT!!

Quote:
every android friend I have, cannot simplify their phone, its got this its got that i've done this, ohh look you can change this and that....**** me I want a phone not a blood palm pilot!

Even look at the older generation, it has two buttons that are always in the same spot, keeping it simple. Remember 'KISS'? !

I disagree, this is my first "smart phone", only 2 days in, and I've managed to delete and uninstall most of the crap and bloat ware. And the stuff I haven't figured out how to get rid of yet I've deactivated or just hidden behind a new home screen app that I can set up to suit me and just have the few apps I'll actually use.
Now it's relatively simple and easy to use and navigate plus I don't have to go out and buy all the proprietary iphone accessories at greatly inflated prices.

HERS- BFIII Wagon Gold, alloys, dual fuel, bullbar, big tow pack, trans cooler, fully rebuilt HD suspension, Clarion, alarmed, full 2 1/2" sports system, mint body

MINE- AUII Forte
Meteorite, dual fuel but otherwise bog stock.

MINE- AUII Fairlane Sportsman Liquid Silver over meteorite,HIDs', Airhog, Eagle Leads, dual fuel, custom rear springs, BA slotted discs + a second one for spares

Bushbasher is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-11-2014, 10:54 PM   #1489
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefargo View Post
this could be why iPhone users have attitude?
if you look at some phone vendors , sammy still makes some phones like that ,

probably some copying does go on , by apple too, samsung made the phablet popular with the note series, look whos on the gravy train now ;).
The beauty of it is for us, these dudes are all trying to make better devices, we end up winning, there no point getting hostile about it.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:06 PM   #1490
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
I disagree, this is my first "smart phone", only 2 days in, and I've managed to delete and uninstall most of the crap and bloat ware. And the stuff I haven't figured out how to get rid of yet I've deactivated or just hidden behind a new home screen app that I can set up to suit me and just have the few apps I'll actually use.
Now it's relatively simple and easy to use and navigate plus I don't have to go out and buy all the proprietary iphone accessories at greatly inflated prices.
yeah it just takes a bit of time to get used to how it operates, when i got mine, in among all the masses of apps i never noticed the "how to use the device" app until about 6 months later ,
but it was sorta fun learning to use my first smart phone also,
And the multitude of functions on these things still blows me away, i`m still learning something that it does every now and again that i didn't know............ even after a considerable amount of time has passed, you will grow to love that thing bushy.
Old 05-11-2014, 07:27 PM   #1491
thefargo
black xb
Donating Member3

mik has hit the nail well and truly on the head, in my opinion; we end up being the winners.
my phone gets a lot of use, and the cost is much lower now than when I bought my first one, relative to my pay packet.
I didn't intend any hostility in my earlier post, just a bit of fun.
thefargo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-11-2014, 09:09 PM   #1492
Tonz
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

had a win with telstra this week, with business pack=2mobiles, std landline no. 1300 number,fax, wifi and broadband, the dear crew @Slacks creek have cut $250_300 off our monthly bill.��

If you ever have trouble with Telstras stupid "in a few words ........." just say "cancel" for whatever your problem is.... you will be talking to aussie staff in Hobart or Adelaide and always willing to help��
Old 05-11-2014, 09:35 PM   #1493
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by mik View Post
yeah it just takes a bit of time to get used to how it operates,

And the multitude of functions on these things still blows me away, i`m still learning something that it does every now and again that i didn't know............ even after a considerable amount of time has passed, you will grow to love that thing bushy.
have you found the spirit level yet!.....

go utilities......compass......flick screen to the left.....instant 4 way level for hours of fun.

I found out I'm not all that "level headed" after all.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:39 PM   #1494
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
have you found the spirit level yet!.....

go utilities......compass......flick screen to the left.....instant 4 way level for hours of fun.

I found out I'm not all that "level headed" after all.
Yeah got that one, pretty cool the tool apps, also got one that measures sound: ie, decibels, got the cement calculator app to, add your dinensions and it works out how much you will need for kerbing/post holes/slab,wastage etc, also got one for measuring vibration. ... thought that nigh come in handy for the limo so many cool tools ;).
Old 06-11-2014, 11:39 AM   #1495
poppa smurf
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

haven't seen the volume calculator app yet........have to grab that one, I'm always up to my ar...mpits in cement.

Old 06-11-2014, 03:45 PM   #1496
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
haven't seen the volume calculator app yet........have to grab that one, I'm always up to my ar...mpits in cement.
i miss named it(sorry !) , the correct name is concrete calculator.
Old 06-11-2014, 04:12 PM   #1497
Road Games

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Replacement. 

When you pay a small fortune for a mong to build you an engine and then nearly every part has to be re-engineered because he didn't have a clue what he was doing in the first place...

My hi-mount manifold got dropped off to have a FEW cracks sorted out, nope... the design was severely flawed and we start from scratch AGAIN

Looks purty but it don't work for crap !!!
Road Games is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 07-11-2014, 12:31 AM   #1498
mik
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

who stole my boost ???
Old 07-11-2014, 07:49 AM   #1499
Juan Loco

Quote:

Ya know what I hate this week, bloody halloween. The whole idea of halloween gives me the irits something fierce. It's a bloody seppo tradition not australian but was foisted upon us, and promoted and driven, by the big corporate retailers as a way to get suckers to buy more crap, and it seems to be working unfortunately. I happened to walk into Bunnings yesterday to find some paint and all the staff were dressed up in full costumes including the facial war paint. It bugged be so much I just turned around and walked out.

Just another example of the undermining of our unique Australian culture and way of life as far as I'm concerned.
Yeah it irks me on so many levels.
All Saints Day (aka "All Hallows) is a Catholic Holy Day. The evening before has been corrupted into what we see as Halloween. Nobody has any clue what its really supposed to be about, whether in its original form, or the rubbish we see now.
It encorages ghoulish and freakish behaviour, which whilst predominantly innocent is nonetheless reflective of some darker goings on in our society.

THEN you have this stupid trickatreat rubbish. WTF? We spend so much effort trying to drum "stranger danger" into kids heads, then throw it all out the window and encourage them to go visit all the neighbourhood paedophiles for lollies.
Juan Loco is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 07-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #1500
supershifty
Missing a sock...
Donating Member3

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: Dave has been a long time active member on the forums and in particular has been a busy volunteer whenever there are cruises and toys runs etc held in South East Qld. He actively gives up his time and ensures that the events are provided for, be it commun 

I must disagree with you Juan.

Whilst I disagree with the "Americanism" of Halloween, I still buy lollies for kids that may come knocking at my door. The kids are not alone, there's always an adult on the footpath walking along with the kids. I give the adult a wave to acknowledge them and go inside to get the lollies for the kids.

Yes, I fully agree with you about kids going out alone without adult supervision - that is totally wrong and leaves the kids vulnerable. Shouldn't be allowed these days with all the "sick" ****s that are out there.

Cheers!

Real friends + great times = sheer bliss!

Considering becoming an organ donor? Click here

QLD Events, Cruises and Get Togethers: Click here

Gain success instantly - lower your standards.

It's not government funded - it's taxpayer funded.
supershifty is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post