Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 08-10-2014, 05:53 PM   #211
GSPSI
Calipso Green

Default Re: Ford Falcon XR8 Sedan Price Announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by XR6 Martin View Post
Anyone ordered a car and told the dealer not to detail it, not to put the plates on not to drive it etc?
Good question!
Wasn't there a bloke that complained about he's front number plate being screwed on over the FPV and they had to replace the bar?

pǝɹoq ʎɐʍ ǝq ʇsnɯ noʎ 'sıɥʇ ƃuıpɐǝɹ ǝɹ,noʎ ɟı
GSPSI is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2014, 06:06 PM   #212
HO 3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Anyone ordered a car and told the dealer not to detail it, not to put the plates on not to drive it etc?

I did initially, but also knowing how dirty they get coming over here on the train and further assurance that their detail guy who has 25 years in the trade is top notch I let it go. I just want it to be perfect for the wife the day she drives it out of the dealership before it becomes the family hack.........covered In stickers and dirt wouldn't be the same.

Cheers Mick
HO 3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-10-2014, 06:35 PM   #213
furiousgibbon

my car was delivered with the front plate screwed on crooked, dirty finger prints on the A pillar trim, wax residue on the plastic roof trim, and the paint was badly swirled which required a full RO polishing (which I did myself).

I've asked in the past whether plates can be affixed with double sided tape so I can drill them in straight myself, but was told that it's not legal.
furiousgibbon is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2014, 01:48 AM   #214
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbm1121 View Post
Exactly, every single dealer does it, it's a way of covering the loads required, the car doesn't magically come from the manufacturers cleaned and prepared for delivery, there is the detail, the pre delivery, the transport from the holding yards, they have to pay insurance on the car while they have it, most dealers don't own there stock they are on a finance floor plan which costs money, even if the car is ordered for a customer, still costs money, d/d is something you can't avoid, as a customer and hopefully buyer, it's your job to negotiate a deal, if you can't do this yourself, simply have a friend or broker go in on your behalf, before they go in tell them what you want and how much you have to spend, a third party has no emotional connection to the purchase so it is simply business, sometimes they may save you some more money.
True. But this is also the case for anything you buy.

When I buy a rainbow paddle pop I am mindful that it didn't magically come from the manufacturer. I know someone had to unpack it and put it in the fridge. I know they have to pay for the freezer to keep it nice and solid until I come in. He doesn't use floor plan financing but he probably has a business loan. He has wastage, he has punk kid shoplifters. He has all sorts of operational concerns unique to his industry. Just like you guys.

Difference is though he doesn't impose deliberately confusing surcharges on his customers. He doesn't charge dealer delivery on my paddle pop. He prices it at a point that covers all costs.

Arms length transactions and open honesty are what consumers want and deserve
Shonky. is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
4 users like this post:
Old 09-10-2014, 03:08 AM   #215
OZQUAD44
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Production racing at the mountain next year......?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
OZQUAD44 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2014, 03:03 PM   #216
geobar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Just had a dealer call me back and quote $64,990 for Auto XR8.... hahaha .. Shame I had already done a deal at another dealer for $57,xxx for a Manual..

Looks like some are trying to cash in on the first few cars....

George
geobar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2014, 03:22 PM   #217
LooLoo18

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post
Just had a dealer call me back and quote $64,990 for Auto XR8.... hahaha .. Shame I had already done a deal at another dealer for $57,xxx for a Manual..

George
Was always going to happen
XE Fairmont Ghia 4.9lt
EF Fairmont
AU Falcon II
BA MKII Fairmont
FG XR6 50TH
Current
Nissan Pulsar (The Wife's)
Ranger Wildtrak Chilli Orange
LooLoo18 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2014, 04:02 PM   #218
elfinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by geobar View Post

George
Well, good luck to him/her. It seems absurd, but I'm sure there are punters out there willing to pay that to be in an XR8 for xmas, thus justifying that price. It's circular and a little insidious.

BTW, $57xxx - you did good!

/edit: Just saw you can get a Lowndesy SS-V Redline - with paddle shifters and stripes O.O - for under $58k+ORC. That dealer you spoke with is dreamin' alright. Wonder if you get a discount if yo ask for the non-embroided dash...

lol

Last edited by elfinke; 09-10-2014 at 04:08 PM.
elfinke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2014, 04:02 PM   #219
Perko
Loving The Blown Goodness

Quote:
Yes. I have personalised plates going on to mine when it gets ordered. No detailing as I have someone organised. Mine will still be a weekend driver. Negotiating in Dec and ordering with second batch. They know what I am chasing and have informed me no need for deposit.

Previous 2003 BA XR8 Ute Phantom
Ford Forum Build Thread

The Project 1991 EB XR8 Sedan Monza Red
Project Build Thread
Perko is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2014, 07:42 PM   #220
mattrobbo26

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfinke View Post
Well, good luck to him/her. It seems absurd, but I'm sure there are punters out there willing to pay that to be in an XR8 for xmas, thus justifying that price. It's circular and a little insidious.

BTW, $57xxx - you did good!

/edit: Just saw you can get a Lowndesy SS-V Redline - with paddle shifters and stripes O.O - for under $58k+ORC. That dealer you spoke with is dreamin' alright. Wonder if you get a discount if yo ask for the non-embroided dash...

lol
Ordered kinetic xr8 automatic first of the dealers allocation $57,800 with the dealer saying they will see what they can do in regards to a better price once they go on the system on the 17th.
mattrobbo26 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
2 users like this post:
Old 09-10-2014, 08:30 PM   #221
elfinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrobbo26 View Post
Ordered kinetic xr8 automatic first of the dealers allocation $57,800 with the dealer saying they will see what they can do in regards to a better price once they go on the system on the 17th.
Jeez, that's great to hear! Gratz
elfinke is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-10-2014, 08:53 PM   #222
Tbm1121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonky. View Post
True. But this is also the case for anything you buy.

When I buy a rainbow paddle pop I am mindful that it didn't magically come from the manufacturer. I know someone had to unpack it and put it in the fridge. I know they have to pay for the freezer to keep it nice and solid until I come in. He doesn't use floor plan financing but he probably has a business loan. He has wastage, he has punk kid shoplifters. He has all sorts of operational concerns unique to his industry. Just like you guys.

Difference is though he doesn't impose deliberately confusing surcharges on his customers. He doesn't charge dealer delivery on my paddle pop. He prices it at a point that covers all costs.

Arms length transactions and open honesty are what consumers want and deserve

But when you buy the paddle pop the guy doesn't give you a broken down invoice, yes I do believe there should be a more consistent amount charged, but no one is forcing anyone to buy the car, if dealer delivery is $1 or $5000 it only matters if the total price is right, simply don't buy the car if the price isn't right.
Tbm1121 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-10-2014, 09:08 PM   #223
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

But dealers are using this additional layer of complexity to confuse buyers and make it difficult to compare prices as can be seen from the $5,000 + price variations in this thread.

ACCC stamped out this stuff a while ago, with mandatory driveaway pricing.

It feels like the dodgy practices are creeping back in

Nobody needs or wants a detailed invoice breaking down costs faced by sellers of paddle pops or cars. The only reason car buyers need it, is to sit down afterwards and work out what the hell happened to the RRP they thought the car would cost
Old 09-10-2014, 09:12 PM   #224
Tbm1121

Quote:
But dealers are using this additional layer of complexity to confuse buyers and make it difficult to compare prices as can be seen from the $5,000 + price variations in this thread.

ACCC stamped out this stuff a while ago, with mandatory driveaway pricing.

It feels like the dodgy practices are creeping back in
The term is rrp, recommended retail price, no one jumps up and down that rego costs more for business or for city addresses. But they do that the price changes, Do your homework, know what you want to spend and spend only that, if you only have 57k for a manual, tell them that, and if they say yes then great, if not then keep going because someone wants your business
Old 09-10-2014, 09:25 PM   #225
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A couple of dollars variation in government charges is one thing, but thousands of dollars in gouging by a dealer is another.

To me if dealers aren't allowed to advertise prices unless they are driveaway, the ACCC feel there is merit in simplifying it. Would be nice if dealers would apply similar fairness in dealing with the most loyal of buyers, like those in this thread.

I get that these cars a being priced up very early at the request of buyers, but that shouldn't be a green light to load up the price using dealer delivery charges
Old 09-10-2014, 09:45 PM   #226
Tbm1121

Quote:
A couple of dollars variation in government charges is one thing, but thousands of dollars in gouging by a dealer is another.

To me if dealers aren't allowed to advertise prices unless they are driveaway, the ACCC feel there is merit in simplifying it. Would be nice if dealers would apply similar fairness in dealing with the most loyal of buyers, like those in this thread.

I get that these cars a being priced up very early at the request of buyers, but that shouldn't be a green light to load up the price using dealer delivery charges
And on oct 17th dealer pricing is released and they will know how much they will make, ATM anything better than rrp is a risk, as they don't know if there is $1 or $10000 profit in the car, only the mlp of the car, no one is advertising the cars. People are refusing to wait for a proper contract with correct vehicle particulars to ensure they have the first one, this is not dealers gouging, this is just over eager customers.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:53 PM   #227
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I went to the dealer on Tuesday, he pulled up the price list as it was the same Ford one as in our forum added auto, rego (dearer in QLD for a V8), tow pack, and got pretty much what I got when I did it on Fords website.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:57 PM   #228
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
And on oct 17th dealer pricing is released and they will know how much they will make, ATM anything better than rrp is a risk, as they don't know if there is $1 or $10000 profit in the car, only the mlp of the car, no one is advertising the cars. People are refusing to wait for a proper contract with correct vehicle particulars to ensure they have the first one, this is not dealers gouging, this is just over eager customers.
That's a fair comment
Old 09-10-2014, 10:17 PM   #229
Tbm1121

Quote:
That's a fair comment
If you want to pay recommended retail put it into fords website and walk in with your deposit in hand, if you want a good deal, wait until we know what is a do-able scenario, because right now only fomoco knows what's happening, but d/d should be no more than $2000, if they are higher ask why? Ask if it is this much on a fiesta, as they do exactly the same things to both
Old 09-10-2014, 10:27 PM   #230
XBv8mmm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrobbo26 View Post
Same here in the ACT, had the deposit on for a couple of months, Kinetic/auto combo. I've been told it will be the first one in the ACT. RRP plus statutory charges, $1850 for S/D and $1200 for rego, puts it at $57500 (approximately), just waiting on the 17th to get here so I know what dealer charge will be, then I'll have the drive away price.

Bloody frustrating!
Old 09-10-2014, 10:42 PM   #231
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
If you want to pay recommended retail put it into fords website and walk in with your deposit in hand, if you want a good deal, wait until we know what is a do-able scenario, because right now only fomoco knows what's happening, but d/d should be no more than $2000, if they are higher ask why? Ask if it is this much on a fiesta, as they do exactly the same things to both
To be clear I'm an not talking about getting a discount. If you're chasing discounts then you're big enough and ugly enough to look after yourself. I was talking about the poor loyal guys being quoted well over 60 (and up to $65k)

The maths on these just doesn't add up. Evidenced by people being quoted in the 57s
Old 09-10-2014, 11:14 PM   #232
Tbm1121

Quote:
To be clear I'm an not talking about getting a discount. If you're chasing discounts then you're big enough and ugly enough to look after yourself. I was talking about the poor loyal guys being quoted well over 60 (and up to $65k)

The maths on these just doesn't add up. Evidenced by people being quoted in the 57s
Let your legs do the talking, and keep walking.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:20 AM   #233
zaczac

So I'm a little confused on the name and badging. Is it called a FGX XR8 or is the whole series of falcons referred to as FGX (like FG). Will they have any FGX badges etc?
zaczac is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 10-10-2014, 01:26 AM   #234
Shonky.
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

The FG model will be superseded by the FGX model

Just like XW went to XY

XR8 is a badge, denoting a trim and spec level within the new model range

It will not be badged FGX
Old 10-10-2014, 08:55 AM   #235
FGX335
Loving my '335' kW!

To be perfectly clear, it is FG X (the entire model range from Falcon to XR8). The press release stated that, even that horribly-stickered XR8 at Bathurst shows the space between FG X. That's why it looks a little odd to call it an FG X XR8.

To call it FGX or FG-X is incorrect, but it won't stop most people doing that.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:32 AM   #236
Whitey-AMG
AWD Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by FGX335 View Post
To be perfectly clear, it is FG X (the entire model range from Falcon to XR8). The press release stated that, even that horribly-stickered XR8 at Bathurst shows the space between FG X. That's why it looks a little odd to call it an FG X XR8.

To call it FGX or FG-X is incorrect, but it won't stop most people doing that.
Best change your username then - its incorrect. ( joke of course )
Whitey-AMG is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 13-10-2014, 02:57 AM   #237
GULL
TuRbO

Can u get a sunroof from factory for the xr8 ?
Old 13-10-2014, 07:55 AM   #238
SensationFG8
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Doubtful, same reason as fg, requires cutting of structural reinforcement that lowers the ancap rating.
Sensation FG XR8 290kW NA V8, 6spd Automatic

Current Rides
Octane GTF SC V8, 6spd Manual, Manta 3" X pipes and hotdogs
Starlight Lotus Evora S 258kW SC V6, 6spd Manual
SensationFG8 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-10-2014, 10:28 AM   #239
deesun
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by GULL View Post
Can u get a sunroof from factory for the xr8 ?
Its not an option, I asked my dealer and they have a preferred fitter but it would not be warranted by Ford but by the fitter. Here on the Gold Coast and Brisbane areas it is East Coast Sunroofs. They fitted my current one.
Old 14-10-2014, 02:28 PM   #240
NTF6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by XBv8mmm! View Post
Same here in the ACT, had the deposit on for a couple of months, Kinetic/auto combo. I've been told it will be the first one in the ACT. RRP plus statutory charges, $1850 for S/D and $1200 for rego, puts it at $57500 (approximately), just waiting on the 17th to get here so I know what dealer charge will be, then I'll have the drive away price.

Bloody frustrating!
Looks like Kinetic is the colour of choice at the moment!