Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 22-02-2019, 01:56 PM   #31
mac_man_luke
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: Spider bomb in car?

chuck some dry ice in the car, close it up. anything living will die.

Air out before driving it again :P
Old 22-02-2019, 02:30 PM   #32
asagaai
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Not really on point but a pest story.

Years ago we had a large gum in the back garden, which backed into reserve with no houses behind us. Heaps and heaps of birds, but in this prime beautiful gum- no birds.

Anyway had to do some building -involved retaining walls and steps and the gum had these massive roots that intruded and anyways the gum fell ill and died.

It started moulting and all these branches feel down- and after a couple weeks looked like a tornado blew through. Anyways, got a wheelbarrow and started cleaning up. After about 3 hours, moved onto larger branches lying around and by this time was working auto pilot and was stuffed and just wanted to drag the dead stuff into the massive reserve behind to create a fire break.

I pulled on this branch and it sorta got stuck with other branches lying on ground, then pulled harder and it sorta still was glued which was weird.

Without thinking in auto pilot moved my right hand down to get a better grip and pulled on the crap and I felt like a shard of thick nail size timber pierce my index finger and it had a funny piercing movement feeling that did not feel good. Jumped back and looked down- 2 puncture holes in my right index finger.

Tree was alive with tree snakes and a big one had been lying in that branch and had clung on when I was trying to pull the branch it was on.

Next few weeks we had tree snakes snaking all outside on the front decks of the house- looking for a new tree no doubt.

That explained the lack of birds which I could never understand....

Ford Fiesta ST Mk 8 -daily- closest thing to a go kart on road for under 50K

FG X XR8 smoke manual - Miami hand built masterpiece by David Winter, BMC Filter, JLT Oil separators, Street Fighter Intercooler Stage 2, crushed ball, running 15% E85 and 85% 98- weekender
asagaai is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2019, 12:56 PM   #33
Foggy

Have used surface spray in the car on more than one occasion. It is always fun to see where the buggers hide.
Foggy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2019, 10:59 PM   #34
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brazen View Post
Ha interesting, never seen it happen to a petrol (I have a Falcon Ute I keep running on hot days around the property), May be the harmonics or frequency or noise of how a diesel runs.

Of course all cars can be good nesting opportunity for spiders once left and parked, guess trick is to have ground clear of leaf litter and overhanging branches. Make the journey to the car unattractive
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-...ations/9450732
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-02-2019, 12:21 AM   #35
CoupeKing
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Who was the last person you knew that died from a spider bite in Australia? literally scared of something that is 15,000 lighter than you (I just made that up) that avoids humans at all costs. If you get bitten by a Redback you're either completely unlucky, or just dumb. I shouldn't say that because I'm in the garden frequently.

I love it when I see these mental midgets from overseas say ''don't go to Australia, everything there kills you''...... yet more people die on their roads in 17 minutes than all of our shark attacks, snake bites, spider bites, stone fish, blue-ringed octopus, salt water crocs combined over 12 months.

Moral of the story...., the last place you seen the Redback (provided it wasn't 6 months ago) hit that area and the surrounding nook and crannies with a trusted pressure pack.
CoupeKing is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post