Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Focus

Old 02-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #1
johnjore
Starter Motor

Default AC / Water Leak

Hi!
Looking for some help with a Focus 2005. Recently discovered a fair bit of water on the floor on the passanger side. I've taken off the mid console around the gearbox and break to discover this:

The area in red appears cracked and its wet with water slowly coming out of the cracks when the AC's on.

1) Is this part of the "box" (whatever it does) supposed to have water behind it in this area, or is there more damage within the "box" with "something" leaking?

2) Can I solve this by buying some sealant to fix the issue and all is good? Or am I looking at a bigger issue / problem here?

Advice appreciated!

JJ

johnjore is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 11:37 PM   #2
foxtrot3
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Tech Writer: Recognition for the technical writers of AFF - Issue reason: Technical articles. 
Default Re: AC / Water Leak

Hi. If the water is only present with the AC on it will be condensation. Try and run some sealant into the cracks and the join and after it has set try it out and make sure that the AC drain is working and not filling the heater with water. Cheers MD

HI

I'M MICHAEL

2003 ACID RUSH BA FUTURA WAGON

light up window switches | auto on cruise control | doubleclick window lift from remote
foxtrot3 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 02-05-2013, 11:54 PM   #3
johnjore
Starter Motor

Thanks for the confirmation on the sealant.

In theory, water should drip on the ground if all is working. If not, I guess I'll need to roll under the car and see if I can find the outlet to unblock it.

JJ
Old 03-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #4
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Seeing as you have a few exposed screws to open the box further then that is what I would be doing prior to gluing the whole thing together.

Your drainage hole blockage, if that's the problem may be in that box.

I've been around the world a couple of times or maybe more.......
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-05-2013, 05:21 PM   #5
johnjore
Starter Motor

A pool of water accumulates under the car if the AC has been used, so I'm guessing the drainage is not fully blocked.

I did try and open the box further, but its too "boxed" inn to get it out, including a couple of vertical metal bars that appear to be holding the entire dashboard up.

If anyone knows for a fact what water, if any, is supposed to be in the blackbox in the first picture, that would be appreciated.

JJ