Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 10-09-2008, 02:27 PM   #121
wjf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1
Good to see a few more Mondeo's out here in the west. I've seen a couple driving around West Footscray/Kingsville. The Geelong road is always busy.
Thats my area...you've proabaly seen me, I have Euro plates...
Old 11-09-2008, 12:17 PM   #122
RJO89
EuroFordClub

Saw a silver (Thunder?) TDCi this morning, travelling up Ferntree Gully Rd to the intersection of Blackburn road. Looked nice and shiny : .

They certainly give off a presence on the road. Different styling, especially from the rear. And the XR5 with the straight tail pipes is just awesome. Just awesome!!

EDIT: In Victoria, btw!

Far from stock... --- SOLD :

Now riding a 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R :
RJO89 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2008, 01:39 PM   #123
mdc351
Starter Motor

If you are down Mornington Peninsula way you may see my new (del'd last Friday) Thunder XR5 about. I'm lovin it
mdc351 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 11-09-2008, 04:11 PM   #124
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJO89
Saw a silver (Thunder?) TDCi this morning, travelling up Ferntree Gully Rd to the intersection of Blackburn road. Looked nice and shiny : .

They certainly give off a presence on the road. Different styling, especially from the rear. And the XR5 with the straight tail pipes is just awesome. Just awesome!!

EDIT: In Victoria, btw!
Not so good looking with dust on front wheels looks bloody horrible I think part of the good looks are the alloys wheels JMHO

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 12-09-2008, 03:19 PM   #125
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjf
Thats my area...you've proabaly seen me, I have Euro plates...
I'll keep an eye out.

Mine's to the left.

Don't think I'm rude if I don't flick headlights, the missus has the car now (on maternity leave) and probably won't respond. I will though!

Did you get the plates as part of the special deal from Ford? I'd be interested to know how many people did. I was told I had the plates, and then had to wait 3 months for the car.
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Dusty1 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 15-09-2008, 11:23 AM   #126
wjf

No I bought my plates separately from the car - I think the offer for Euro plates was only for the first 200 or 250 cars, but I could be mistaken.

I ordered my car in March, took delivery in July.
Old 15-09-2008, 11:39 AM   #127
Superoo
Mondeo TDCi / BA XR6T

I received the euro plate deal from Ford. Took delivery early January (even though the deal was for cars delivered in 2007) but it still went through OK as there were delays with shipping that slipped the delivery date. I had to pay for the plate myself upfront and then got reimbursed.
Old 15-09-2008, 01:13 PM   #128
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superoo
I received the euro plate deal from Ford. Took delivery early January (even though the deal was for cars delivered in 2007) but it still went through OK as there were delays with shipping that slipped the delivery date. I had to pay for the plate myself upfront and then got reimbursed.
The standard plates here in Victoria don't look to good on Euro styled cars, IMHO. I like the longer plates, and they fill out the space nicely.

Mine's really dirty at the moment, due to drought and laziness, but it's going in next weekend for a good clean. So if anyone out west sees it, please forgive me.

My missus wouldn't take it in to be cleaned, that's one of the, many, jobs I have to do!
Previous:
Oct 07 built Mondeo TDCi hatch, Stardust Silver, bluetooth, leather, tow pack, sunroof.
Old 15-09-2008, 05:28 PM   #129
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

Quote:
Did you get the plates as part of the special deal from Ford? I'd be interested to know how many people did. I was told I had the plates, and then had to wait 3 months for the car.
Mine was one of the early orders but we had to wait until Jan for delivery as our preferred spec was not in the country. (Reg end of Dec to save the increase of stamp duty)

I advised the preferred plate No and the dealer did the rest

Happy with the result
Sunroof
GRT046 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2008, 09:40 AM   #130
warren77

Yesterday on the Kwinina Freeway heading south, just on the Narrows Bridge I saw two Mondeos - almost next to each other!
One was a Sea Gray Hatch which also had the roof racks things on the top (which I didn't like the look of) and the other was Stardust Silver. Not sure which model but they weren't XR5s.
First time I have seen two of them so close together - well three if you count mine!
warren77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 17-09-2008, 04:23 PM   #131
cammag

I have noticed more around since I am now driving one. I see a few around Toowoomba regularly. Would have bought from them too but they were $5,000 away.

Seems that some dealers are stronger on them than others. Once you have some around it makes them easier to sell them.

For the car that they are there should be a lot more of them around.
Old 18-09-2008, 10:28 AM   #132
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRT046
Mine was one of the early orders but we had to wait until Jan for delivery as our preferred spec was not in the country. (Reg end of Dec to save the increase of stamp duty)

I advised the preferred plate No and the dealer did the rest

Happy with the result
Hey GST,

How's it all going? Are you using the sunroof now that it's warming up. I was in Brisbane in late July and it was magic. Gotta envy the weather.
Previous:
Old 18-09-2008, 11:11 AM   #133
Katoomba

This week: a reddish coloured TCDi in Lawson, a black one in Leura and a blue XR5 in Hazelbrook.

Three Mondeos seen three days in a row is certainly a change.
Old 18-09-2008, 11:21 AM   #134
GRT046
Mondeo TDCi

G'Day Dusty,
Things are all OK up here. Winter has been rather cold (for us) but warming up now. :

Can't say I use the sunroof a lot as it is a bit noisy at freeway speeds but use the vent option quite a bit.

Very happy with our choice and while I was a little aprehensive initially at our alternative colour (thunder was the 1st choice) I have grown to like it. Absolutely no complaints at all.

See a lot more on the road now both TDCi's and TX5's mainly hatches. The dealer always seems to have Zetec's in stock but little else.

My wife loves it ............. unfortunately that means I get the shopping cart (Astra) more often :
Sunroof
GRT046 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2008, 03:50 PM   #135
Lord Viykor
XR5 convert

Seen a Blue Ambition XR5 today on the Moonie Highway near Dalby. That's the first Blue Ambition Mondeo I've seen getting around.
The mods: Window tint | Fomoco alloy pedals | Red painted brake calipers | THB Bury bluetooth | Bluefin | GGR CAI | Bilstein B6 sports dampers | Eilbach lowered coils | 2XS Inhaler (Top Induction Pipe) | EBC Ultimax discs and EBC red stuff brake pads | Mongoose 3" dump with Mongoose 3" 200 cell cat into custom system with Varex mufflers | Forge re-circ valve | Airtech intercooler coming soon
Lord Viykor is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2008, 04:31 PM   #136
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Saw a Sea Gray TDCi near Dundas Sydney from Qld at least people are keeping them clean _2: my wife dislikes the rear end sticking up she thinks something BROKEN must admit though would have looked much better lowered in line with the front!

apstar
Old 18-09-2008, 05:50 PM   #137
Ives
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Good car or not, it's very hard for the Mondeo to establish itself a class that's bullied by the Mazda 6 and Honda Accord.
Ives is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 18-09-2008, 07:04 PM   #138
warren77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ives
Good car or not, it's very hard for the Mondeo to establish itself a class that's bullied by the Mazda 6 and Honda Accord.
The Mondeo is a tough class - no doubt about that, including the Mazda 6, Honda Accord and Subaru Liberty.

In a bang for you buck comparison, it does come out on top. I test drove and priced all of those cars (top of the range in each) and bought the Mondeo because of all the fruit that it came with, at a great price.

Sure it isn't perfect (GPS for example) but still a great car.
Old 18-09-2008, 08:27 PM   #139
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I have always said that the next Mondeo is the car we should have got now with:

2.2L TDCi
Hill Assist
Active Cruise Control
Adaptive Suspension
Rear Blind Covers
Satellite Navigation + DVD
Updated Color Display
and anything else I have forgotten and don't forget VW Jetta grabbing a fair chunk of sales away from the Mondeo BUT resale value may just be the problem :(

apstar
Old 19-09-2008, 10:04 AM   #140
Katoomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by apstar
...resale value may just be the problem :(

apstar
Isn't that the problem with most Fords? I bought a Falcon a few years ago for $36,000. Before 12 months ownership was up and with less than 10,000km on the clock, I was offered $15,000 for a trade-in on a Nissan Patrol.
Old 19-09-2008, 11:23 AM   #141
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

FMD.... Katoomba!! now that's not a good investment this is my first Ford I was under the impression its fleet sales that cause the problems! y/n?

apstar
Old 19-09-2008, 01:12 PM   #142
warren77

The value of a used car is set by market conditions - supply and demand. Demand is a by-product of quality or uniqueness or even consumer habbits i.e. high quality or unique will drive prices up. Larger cars are going to be harder to move right about now due to high fuel costs.
Hence why some cars will hold their resale value better than others.

Lets face it, a car is a poor investment anyways. You are going to lose money on it. But it also aids in supporting your lifestyle (allowing you to get to place you want to go for pleasure and work). Perhaps the only way you are aren't going to lose money on a car, is buy cheap, and put the money you were going to spend into a bank or if you like a rollarcoaster ride, the share market ;-)
Old 19-09-2008, 03:46 PM   #143
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by warren77
or if you like a rollarcoaster ride, the share market ;-)
yeh I wake up every morning with razor blades ready when the ASX opens this last volatility period has taken a few use off my life watching it edge closer to a margin call :ticking: but you are right I'm smiling today for how long who knows
A merician
S tock
X change

apstar
Old 25-09-2008, 09:52 AM   #144
XR5-Boy
You mad, bro?

G'day all. George here from the Cougar forum. Just letting you know there will be a new addition to the garage at my place soon. XR5 Turbo is joining the Cougar as Dad just sold his XR6T. Should have the car within the next few days.

Some info:
Stardust Silver with "roof and tooth". Also, this baby has the new exhaust pipes. (Not sure when they came in, but i prefer the straight out ones to the older ones).

SFS 2007 Best Cougar, SFS 2010/2011 Best Focus XR5
XR5-Boy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 23-10-2008, 05:05 PM   #145
wjf

Quote:
The standard plates here in Victoria don't look to good on Euro styled cars, IMHO. I like the longer plates, and they fill out the space nicely.

Mine's really dirty at the moment, due to drought and laziness, but it's going in next weekend for a good clean. So if anyone out west sees it, please forgive me.
Hey Dusty1, I'm wondering if it's you I saw yesterday in Central West Plaza in Tottenham. It was a Silver TDCi hatch with Euro plates, I was in my Sea Grey TDCi with Euro plates.

It looked good in silver (and it was clean!)
Old 24-10-2008, 09:54 AM   #146
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjf
Hey Dusty1, I'm wondering if it's you I saw yesterday in Central West Plaza in Tottenham. It was a Silver TDCi hatch with Euro plates, I was in my Sea Grey TDCi with Euro plates.

It looked good in silver (and it was clean!)
That was me! Finally a friendly face out west. I had a bit of a run in with an idiot out there who cut underneath me when I had my indicator on and was turning into a car park.

I like your plates and the sea grey. Looked the goods. Thanks for the wave. I was going to pull up beside you and have a chat and suggest you get onto the forum here, but I had to get home to the missus and a grumpy three week old daughter.

Thanks for the wave. There's not many of us around, although I do see one parked on Footscray road need the now closed Exchange hotel.

It's clean because it is garaged most of the time and rarely gets driven these days. Once the boss can drive again, it will be dirty again.

I am stoked to see a fellow Mondoe driver! I wave to a few, but never get any response.
Previous:
Old 24-10-2008, 12:43 PM   #147
wjf

Mine is usually not that clean either - I just had it hand washed at that place opposite Highpoint Shopping Centre.

After owning the car for only 8 weeks the car was a mess, and the wheels were more black than silver - I forgot how dirty dark cars can get. Nothing ever looked cleaner than my silver Telstar and nothing ever looked dirtier than my black 626.
Old 29-10-2008, 10:57 PM   #148
Dusty1
Giddy up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjf
Mine is usually not that clean either - I just had it hand washed at that place opposite Highpoint Shopping Centre.

After owning the car for only 8 weeks the car was a mess, and the wheels were more black than silver - I forgot how dirty dark cars can get. Nothing ever looked cleaner than my silver Telstar and nothing ever looked dirtier than my black 626.
Spotted again! This time on Roberts Street.

Pity once I flicked the headlights that the old valiant behind me must thought there was a cop up the road!

You must be pretty close to where I live as I've seen you a couple of times now
Previous:
Old 31-10-2008, 10:50 AM   #149
bathurst77
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

I see at least one or two most days as i drive around. Also seeing heaps of FGs lately.
bathurst77 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-10-2008, 02:06 PM   #150
wjf

Quote:
Spotted again! This time on Roberts Street.

Pity once I flicked the headlights that the old valiant behind me must thought there was a cop up the road!

You must be pretty close to where I live as I've seen you a couple of times now

No, no, I'm just stalking you....

Actually I live just off Roberts St. Glad to see at least two drivers in our area with some taste!

On my way home from work I see two more Mondy's that are always parked, one on Buckley St near Victoria St, and another on Napier St just at the end of Docklands Hwy.