Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Ford Australia Vehicles > Small and Mid Sized Cars > Mondeo

Old 25-02-2011, 06:04 PM   #31
Mugwump
Starter Motor

Default DirectShift? is that PwrShift

A query from a newbie. looking at buying 2nd Diesel Hatch .. Dominelli ford have 1 that they list as 2010 FORD MONDEO MB MY11 ZETEC PWRSHIFT TDC (rego BTR02H) on carsales.com.au. Yet on their own site it is not referred to as pwrshift. I looked up the etis.ford website - (thanks for info on this) and found

Build Date: 15.12.2009
Vehicle Line: Mondeo 2007- (CD345)
Body Style: 5 Door Saloon
Version: Series 40
Engine: Duratorq 2.0L DOHC CR TC Dsl 143PS
Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic Transaxle - AWF21

As i gather from previous posts -- this means that it is not pwrshift.

Have i got this right? any help to reduce confusion greatly appreciated
Mugwump is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2011, 06:30 PM   #32
Batman105E

That's correct not a powershift.
Batman105E is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 25-02-2011, 10:55 PM   #33
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by NZ XR6
I hope what's written in your warranty book is true for NZ, as my new wagon should have the upgraded diesel and Powershift box. I'll run the VIN through ETIS when I get it.
Probably not cool to quote your own post. Anyway, my Mondeo TDCi manufactured on 23 Aug 2010 is NOT a Powershift. But am not too bothered as the Ford trans engineers obviously spent some time setting up the auto to work with the diesel and the results are very good. I like how I can start the car, back out of the garage, roll down our long drive and down the street, and not touch the accelerator until the car is doing about 30 km/h!

I also like how it changes down to give you engine braking until about 20 km/h. But the best fun is gently pushing the accelerator when someone tries to beat you away from the lights and leaving them way behind.

Oops, didn't mean to say that - lucky I don't live in VIC.
Old 26-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #34
borntoshop666

ok,
I have just put my VIN Number into the Ford Etis Site [thanks heaps for the link], and I DO have the Powershift fitted to mine Titanium Diesel Wagon even though there is no Indication on the Gear Stick.
To my understanding only the Titanium Hatch and Wagon were fitted with the Powershift Auto as part of the MB MY 2011 update.
below the copy and paste job:

Primary Features
Build Date: 21.06.2010
Vehicle Line: Mondeo 2007- (CD345)
Body Style: 4 Door Estate
Version: Series 60
Engine: 2.0L Duratorq DOHC (163PS) - DW10C
Transmission: 6 Speed Powershift 6DCT450 - MPS6
Drive: RHD FWD
Emission: Stage V Emissions
Air Conditioning: Dual Zone Auto Temp Control A/C
Territory: (+)"AUS"
Paint: Panther Black (Metallic)
Interior Fabric: Alcantara Platinum

So, I am happy
Old 26-02-2011, 03:56 PM   #35
NZ XR6
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

What surprises me is that they were still making cars with the standard auto in late August. I was hoping that maybe I'd get the upgraded powertrain, but I'm happy with the runout discount - it would have probably cost at least $5k to get Powershift.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:38 PM   #36
Stocky58
Starter Motor

Have to agree with you Batman105E. My Zetec hatch has same build date as yours and the Ford Etis says it has upgraded diesel (DW10C) and powershift transmission (6DCT450). It also has no identification on the gearshift. My average fuel consumption at present is 6.7L/100km. Who in there right mind would by a Camry Hybrid (Crudd mobile).
Old 08-03-2011, 10:30 PM   #37
apstar
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocky58
Who in there right mind would by a Camry Hybrid (Crudd mobile).
Bob Brown

apstar
apstar is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post