Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > The Sales Yard > Cars Wanted

Cars Wanted If you want it this is the place

Closed Thread

Old 19-01-2022, 11:54 AM   #1
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Default WTB Mondeo XR5 (SA)

Gday all, with lifes changing goalposts and a life more expensive than it used to be (thank you child support etc), i've sold off my Mk8 Fez and looking for something to fill a gap while i get my s**t together. And distract me as my cars have always done from lifes BS.

I've always had a buzz for the 2.5 5 cyl in the Mondeo and think it's time for that experiment. But i want a car i can attach to and maybe play with, not some unserviced pile, or a car being quietly sold off as the 'clutch is stuffed' or the 'timing belt is going to need gone' detectors have gone off or some car thats been picked up and patched up in someones backyard for a profit.

I don't expect perfection, but i love my cars. They're immaculate when i sell them, and i want to find a car from a similar type as myself (within reality/reason) thats in great shape km's middling but not critical (i cant spend too much for that unicorn with <100K on it), but something i can take pride in and distract myself from lifes crap.

Would be a daily driver on the long slow cruise to work.

I've seen whats for sale here in SA theres a few, and well interstates a bit of a reach with COVID but you can never say no. But cheap ain't always a good thing, and i'd need a inside line telling me i can trust hence my hopeful post. Am i paranoid? Yeah, long time since i bought a used car.

Mondeo size right for what i want and helpfully cheaper than the Focus equiv too. Mondeo really to me is way undervalued for such a nice ride.

Any help appreciated here or via message

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
A stereo that happens to have a XR5 wrapped around it
Old 19-01-2022, 10:39 PM   #2
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Default Re: WTB Mondeo XR5 (SA)

Or any older Ford product less than 10k ;) Rust ok This new gear just doesn't have 'character'. Need something I can bond with ')

Alpine 7909 30th/Alpine 5959/Audison Bitone.1/DLS Ultimate A6+A7/ Focal KRX2/Morel Ultimo 12/AudioEngine B1
This user likes this post:
Old 05-02-2022, 08:23 AM   #3
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Parents have a Black XR5 Turbo for sale, low km (90k), leather, black on black on black if that interests you, mild mods.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...12137002/?Cr=2
Old 08-02-2022, 10:27 PM   #4
fordomatic
Donating Member
Donating Member1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcfly94 View Post
Parents have a Black XR5 Turbo for sale, low km (90k), leather, black on black on black if that interests you, mild mods.
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/det...12137002/?Cr=2
That sold quick
Old 09-02-2022, 10:12 AM   #5
mcfly94
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordomatic View Post
That sold quick
It did sold, Monday actually, going to VIC
Old 09-02-2022, 10:18 AM   #6
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Ouch teach me to not hit subscribe :( Nice car too but really after the Mondeo just for the size, thanks for posting the reply though.

Old 07-03-2022, 05:29 PM   #7
PepeLePew
Workshop & Performance

Ok! Mondeo's started to go north, so ended up with a Focus XR5 at a great price couldn't be more pleased. thanks!

This user likes this post:
Closed Thread