Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > The Pub

The Pub For General Automotive Related Talk

Old 26-04-2023, 02:43 PM   #1
GasoLane
Former BTIKD
Donating Member2

Default Happy Birthday DJ.

26/04/1945

Old 26-04-2023, 03:22 PM   #2
Franco Cozzo
Thailand Specials

Default Re: Happy Birthday DJ.

Who's that?
Franco Cozzo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-04-2023, 04:39 PM   #3
prydey
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Cozzo View Post
Who's that?
Someone Gaso remembers being born
Old 26-04-2023, 06:49 PM   #4
FTE217
T3/Sprint8
Donating Member2

When I saw DJ I actually thought Dustin Johnson lol
Oh yer HB Dicky you done good despite being the whinger hehe
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet. Abraham Lincoln"
FTE217 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 26-04-2023, 06:52 PM   #5
Dr Smith
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

A little story I’d like to relay….

My brother and I were walking along the back of the pit area between the garages and transporters at Sandown on a Saturday after the end of some practice laps or qualifying more likely…we tried to get a look into the DJR area. It was a stressful area as they were working on a major engine issue on one of the Sierra’s and could even have had the head off.

We kept walking and we could hear a young child absolutely bawling their eyes out, a father obviously getting pushed to his limits with the crying child on his hip, shouting I lost my hat… and another older child hanging on by the other hand almost as upset.

We didn’t realise at the time but DJ was walking about two metres in front of us heading towards the same unhappy family. He stopped, asked the young boy , “what’s up buddy, you don’t need to be so upset, if you stop crying I’ll give you my hat”…the kid just stopped all sobbing, nods his head as he’s trying to stop his crying…, the father looked on in one of those priceless frozen face moments, DJ whips off his hat, slaps it on the kids head, and everyone is happy….
Dr Smith is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 26-04-2023, 11:08 PM   #6
Late braker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Smith View Post
A little story I’d like to relay….

My brother and I were walking along the back of the pit area between the garages and transporters at Sandown on a Saturday after the end of some practice laps or qualifying more likely…we tried to get a look into the DJR area. It was a stressful area as they were working on a major engine issue on one of the Sierra’s and could even have had the head off.

We kept walking and we could hear a young child absolutely bawling their eyes out, a father obviously getting pushed to his limits with the crying child on his hip, shouting I lost my hat… and another older child hanging on by the other hand almost as upset.

We didn’t realise at the time but DJ was walking about two metres in front of us heading towards the same unhappy family. He stopped, asked the young boy , “what’s up buddy, you don’t need to be so upset, if you stop crying I’ll give you my hat”…the kid just stopped all sobbing, nods his head as he’s trying to stop his crying…, the father looked on in one of those priceless frozen face moments, DJ whips off his hat, slaps it on the kids head, and everyone is happy….
#respect
He’s a great man. I admire him enormously. I have since I was a kid myself
Late braker is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 27-04-2023, 07:54 AM   #7
Rob 351
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Legend!