Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 09-09-2022, 04:57 PM   #31
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 
Default Re: How does the tip work? Never been there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme View Post
Ring your local shire office as you will have services avaialble to you; saying you don't have a proper trash service in country Victoria is B.S.
How so? Lot's of rural properties don't have a waste collection service. Normally, these properties are subject to a voucher system (as others have described), but it's relatively common (as I understand it) for rural properties not to have a provided service.

Life is a journey, not a destination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Daily: 2013 FGII EcoLPi in Winter White
Play: 2015 FG X XR8 in Emperor Show' N Shine thread

Gone, but not forgotten: 2015 SZII petrol Titanium Territory in Emperor
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
3 users like this post:
Old 09-09-2022, 04:59 PM   #32
roKWiz
Cabover nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0 View Post
How so? Lot's of rural properties don't have a waste collection service. Normally, these properties are subject to a voucher system (as others have described), but it's relatively common (as I understand it) for rural properties not to have a provided service.
I was thinking the same thing, he is from the city.

roKWiz is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2022, 05:54 PM   #33
mad2
Regular...with metamusal
Donating Member2

Quote:
Originally Posted by arm79 View Post
At those prices I'd be sorting the crap out and putting it slowly through your normal bins, then its free.

If you don't sort it and get the recyclables out you'll be paying through the nose.

which is what we do down here . . ..... any cardboard gets ripped up into smaller pieces so we can fit alot more into the bin [and we do]. same with the green bin except it can have up to a metre high branches [thin] etc poking out of the top [lid cannot be closed] plus we have a very good idea of the weight limits re green bin . the general waste bin has on many pickups been fully loaded & lid cannot be closed. but we're metro.
mad2 is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
This user likes this post:
Old 09-09-2022, 08:13 PM   #34
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
I understand what you saying as I have previously lived rural myself at some time, but I think you will find OP does not fall in your category as he is stating living only an hour's drive from Melton Vic. As for my previous comment you contact your local shire for provides services where they could come to you, or you go to their designated collection point.
Itsme is online now   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 09-09-2022, 09:42 PM   #35
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Technical Contributor: For members who share their technical expertise. - Issue reason: Willingly providing technical info and documents, despite glitches. 

Quote:
I understand what you saying as I have previously lived rural myself at some time, but I think you will find OP does not fall in your category as he is stating living only an hour's drive from Melton Vic. As for my previous comment you contact your local shire for provides services where they could come to you, or you go to their designated collection point.
Not that I know that area that we'll, but I would have thought there'd be heaps of non-urban properties within an hour of Melton, all of which may not receive a waste service at their property entrance. Heck, there's properties out my sisters way (Craigieburn) that wouldn't have a waste collection service, and they'd be within an hours drive of the CBD!

What I'm saying is it may not be quite as black and white as you made it out to be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 10-09-2022, 12:57 AM   #36
Itsme
Experienced Member

Quote:
Not that I know that area that we'll, but I would have thought there'd be heaps of non-urban properties within an hour of Melton, all of which may not receive a waste service at their property entrance. Heck, there's properties out my sisters way (Craigieburn) that wouldn't have a waste collection service, and they'd be within an hours drive of the CBD!

What I'm saying is it may not be quite as black and white as you made it out to be.
Have not made out anything just commented to say, "contact your local shire" How hard is that?
You guys seem to make it out as something else and know everything....lol
Cheers
Old 10-09-2022, 08:31 AM   #37
FoxtrotGolfXray 5.0
Donating Member
Donating Member3

Quote:
Have not made out anything just commented to say, "contact your local shire" How hard is that?
You guys seem to make it out as something else and know everything....lol
Cheers
Sorry if you think I've made a big deal out of what you've said, that wasn't my intent. I just felt this line:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itsme
saying you don't have a proper trash service in country Victoria is B.S.
possibly applied some pressure on the OP unfairly. I know from talking to friends that have rural properties (mostly dairy farmers) in my LGA that they don't receive a waste pickup service. I'm not sure exactly how that applies in other LGAs but assumed it was the same elsewhere. Check my posts and it uses language that reflects this, ie "may", "would have thought" etc, because I didn't want it to come across like I knew these things for sure.

As you say, tho, all the OP needs to do is call his local LGA admin centre to get some clarification as to what the process is and what he/she is entitled to via the rates they pay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 10-09-2022, 11:46 AM   #38
Itsme
Experienced Member

My point was local shires will have facilities to accept rubbish, whether they pick up or for you to take to them is another matter.
Anyhow does not matter as I think we been sucked in by a troll topic, Honk could have easily gone to the tip and disposed of it.

Cheers