Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > Club and Speciality Forums > Forum Community Car Clubs > OzECruisers (E/N/D Series) > OzECruisers General Discussions

OzECruisers General Discussions E/N/D vehicles General Discussion ONLY. NO TECH THREADS

Old 13-06-2015, 11:23 AM   #31
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Default Re: E Series big brakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwik6 View Post
Have you had any problems with the kit lotus?
Got a wheel alignment today. All went well.
Car handles good and I can feel no problems.
I have a problem with the rotors in that i had then skimmed but they still shudder when applied. More prevelant at high speed (highway) but can still be felt when driving around town.
Will have to look at what other alternatives I have than using the EL GT rotors.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:53 AM   #32
Sparksy
I'm on a Boat!

Hey Lotus
Does it shudder when cold or when warmed up a bit, reason I ask is some brake pads when new can feel like your rotors are warped when the heat up, just gasses coming out of the brake pad, had this a few times at the track. It will stop after a while.

Here are my brakes, transformed the car, worth every penny. Also from race brakes Melb I believe.
Also have el uprights which have a slightly better Ackerman angle so the inside wheel turns a little more than the outside wheel for better turning.
Also have AU Top arm and pedders AU caster camber kits which give me 10.5 deg caster which feels awesome on the road.

76 Celica Ra23 with Lexus 4lr V8, kaaz LSD, Quad piston RX7 front brakes.
1999 BMW 328ci, Topaz Blue, Manual, Sunroof.
Sparksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
5 users like this post:
Old 04-07-2015, 05:34 PM   #33
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Pretty sure it is 1 or maybe both the rotors. Just got back from work yesterday afternoon so haven't had much time to check them out. Jacked up the front today and the right hand rotor is scrubbing at one place. The left seems ok, but I will take both rotors off and get them checked out. If there is a problem with them I'll have to look for alternatives that are available or get something made up.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:45 PM   #34
Sparksy
I'm on a Boat!

Yeah that doesn't sounds great.
I'm happy to take some pics of my FBT brakes if your looking for a problem but I would imagine once you have a close look it will be clear.
76 Celica Ra23 with Lexus 4lr V8, kaaz LSD, Quad piston RX7 front brakes.
1999 BMW 328ci, Topaz Blue, Manual, Sunroof.
Sparksy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 14-07-2015, 09:21 PM   #35
El Tazo
Dick off, Mr Slattery

I think I'll be going the RBS kit with the AU twin-pistons to fit under 17s. I've heard a few bad things about the UPC setup, but it's a grand cheaper than the RBS one.

BF Typhoon - manual, bolt-ons, noice tunes, abused every time it's driven

Previous Projects:
Festy - Daily XR4 Grandad's ZJ: Laid to rest Danny's EL Fairmont - Barra-swapped, left home

How To's:
A half-decent 6.5" speaker install in an EF/EL 85A Clevo alternator upgrade
El Tazo is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 31-07-2015, 07:45 PM   #36
lotus
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had the rotors reskimmed, fitted them back on the car and work great. No more shudder and pull the car up better. Will have to go for a good run and see how they are. At the moment the car is under cover as I am away working at Newcastle and might not be home for about a month.
Old 01-08-2015, 08:28 AM   #37
El Venom
normality is boring
Donating Member1

My upc brakes have been great

Factory v8 with turbonetics 67mm turbo, haltech ecu, aeromotive and raceworks fuel system, cobra intake and a few custom bits thrown in
El Venom is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 01-08-2015, 09:50 AM   #38
El Tazo
Dick off, Mr Slattery

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Venom View Post
My upc brakes have been great
Just a coupla questions, if you'll endulge a potential buyer: any issues fitting them? How many Ks have they done? What sort of driving? Which offset are yours?

Previous Projects:
Festy - Daily XR4 Grandad's ZJ: Laid to rest Danny's EL Fairmont - Barra-swapped, left home

How To's:
Old 02-08-2015, 09:12 AM   #39
El Venom
normality is boring
Donating Member1

Fitting mine was easy even had my 4 year old daughter helping. Offset I am not 100% but I am running genuine BA xr8 18x8 rims and they are a close fit to the upright but no clearance issues.

When I got the kit I was in form it has done 10,000km's and everything still looked great, as for my driving I have taken threw mountain runs with speed and towing loaded trailers, higher speed emergency stops (dam roo's) and general running around which for me 98% of the time at 100km/h and I like to stay near that speed for as long as possible including the corners.

One thing that did change though when I fitted my kit which I wasnt expecting was the effect on my handling. The car became alot more responsive and direct with the steering input and it took a little bit to get used to it. I am unsure why it has done that and my only thought is that the kit came off a XH and I fitted it to and EL but been checked out and drives straight and within spec and I am loving it.

Factory v8 with turbonetics 67mm turbo, haltech ecu, aeromotive and raceworks fuel system, cobra intake and a few custom bits thrown in
Old 02-08-2015, 02:11 PM   #40
El Tazo
Dick off, Mr Slattery

Wow mate, that's a pretty glowing review!

Previous Projects:

How To's:
Old 02-08-2015, 05:34 PM   #41
El Venom
normality is boring
Donating Member1

1 of the best upgrades I have done. Now I am used to them my driving style/ habbits have adjusted slightly to suit and just become second nature

Old 08-12-2016, 06:19 AM   #42
Sorted
OzEcruisers PRESIDENT

Community Builder: In recognition of those who have helped build the AFF community. - Issue reason: For all the contributions you make to the AFF community. 

One of the best upgrades I did as well and the wheel choice was opened up to anything available for AU+ instead of stuck with the slim pickings available for pre+au.

Tuned by DYNOMOTIVE

200BUX - AFF Drag Nats 2019 EF Wagon
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednose View Post
Common knowledge that the more weight you take out of the car the less power you need to run the time.
Sorted is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post