Welcome to the Australian Ford Forums forum.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and inserts advertising. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features without post based advertising banners. Registration is simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Please Note: All new registrations go through a manual approval queue to keep spammers out. This is checked twice each day so there will be a delay before your registration is activated.

Go Back   Australian Ford Forums > General Topics > Non Ford Related Community Forums > The Bar

The Bar For non Automotive Related Chat

Old 03-02-2012, 09:21 AM   #1
RepSpec
Formerly XG-Panelvanman

Default bucks/hens days/weekends

hey all
just been invited to the bucks night of my girlfriends brother. it involves a beer tour and shooting range, full lunch ect. but there asking $256 pp for that and a costume for the buck on the day which i think is a bit rude.

is this a bit far fetched asking this much, and what have other people paid for bucks/hens days/weekends?

BA MK2 Wagon, dedicated LPG, white.

modifications:
cargo barriers, tow bar
RepSpec is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
dannyxm
was danny888

Default Re: bucks/hens days/weekends

Prices are getting up i see for bucks nights.

May be a bit steep......

Could you perhaps meet up with them later on in the day or perhaps do one of the activities?

LOL, it reminds me of a guy that my cousin is now married to.

'Mate at my bucks we are going to Vegas, all expenses paid for just going to have a few guys go and run the joint.'

He said this so many times we thought it would be half true, especially knowing hes not short of a dollar or to, let alone his family agreeing.

The bucks trip turned into a weekend at some house in Terrigal where everyone have to put in $300 for expenses.

I didn't go. Nor did a lot of people.

*shakes head and laughs*
Old 03-02-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
sgt_doofey
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Had a mates buck show a few weeks ago. I don't think I would have had any change from $300 for the day/night.
Did a bit of a wine tour in the morning, then a pub for lunch, followed by a few more pubs. A bit of adult entertainment and then a strip club to finish off, yep, it all adds up in the end.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
Yellow_Festiva
Where to next??

Depends on the relationship. If you are joined at the hip then I would go (as you would then assume your mate would also know your financial situation). If not, and you are not really connected with the guy meet up later. It is a lot to pay and I think it places people in an uncomfortable situation.

My brother had his bucks in Thailand (think Hangover 2 - but in reality)... he went with a handful of his closest mates who will go out on a weekend bender and blow a grand without thinking....

My Bucks was dinner and Go-carts. Didn't cost all that much and I paid for the mates who joined me who couldn't afford it.

I have been to other bucks that involve dinner / skirmish etc. I found that good because it gave the option for people to do 1, the other or both.

Cheers
Yellow_Festiva is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 03-02-2012, 12:36 PM   #5
Geez Louise
Awesome

Valued Contributor: For members whose non technical contributions are worthy of recognition. - Issue reason: All the behind the scenes things that help the community. 

A girl at work was invited to a Hen's luncheon at a Winery. It was 2 and a half hours out of Melbourne and the cost was $175.

That was a bit steep just to spend a day at a Winery. What made it worse was that as it was so far away from where everyone lived, no one could really drink. And to top it all off, they were asked to bring a gift!

No...she didn't go and nor did a lot of other people.

As for bucks nights, what happened to the good ole Pub crawl followed by handcuffing your mate to a lamp post, half or fully naked!
Old 04-02-2012, 06:27 AM   #6
NickyN
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

As long as your other half is ok with the "adult" part, you know?

Wedding parties are popular here where bachelor and bachelorette (buck and hen) parties are combined and it's good clean fun without the "adult entertainment" part.

No lamp posts though, although that'd be hysterical!
NickyN is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 04-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #7
BPXR6T
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Last one I went to was a LOT more expensive than that. Nearly $1000 a head. It did involve renting out a cool penthouse apartment, great catered meal, half dozen topless "beer wenches", and a kiddie pool full of jelly and naked girls. $1000 base price then a bit extra for the um, extras. ;-)
BPXR6T is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 05-02-2012, 02:00 AM   #8
Link
Ford Nut

OP - thats probably on the money for the day - full lunch could be anywhere from $40-$80, shooting i have nfi costs and beer tour i cant imagine would be cheap - dont forget you would all be pitching in to pay for the buck as well, so could be an extra $20-30 a head depending on how many people there are invited
Link is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #9
Miss_XR6

Bucks nights/hens nights are going up in price and most people are doing the standard strippers at a house with drinks anymore...

Brides & grooms are now paying for weddings and trying to save on every cost and passing the bucks/hens onto the people wanting to go... You will find the real true friends will pay the price and it weeds out the ones that cbf in going... if your close to them you should go or even do half the day
Miss_XR6 is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 06-02-2012, 10:18 PM   #10
Uncle Niceguy
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geez Louise
A girl at work was invited to a Hen's luncheon at a Winery. It was 2 and a half hours out of Melbourne and the cost was $175.

That was a bit steep just to spend a day at a Winery. What made it worse was that as it was so far away from where everyone lived, no one could really drink. And to top it all off, they were asked to bring a gift!

No...she didn't go and nor did a lot of other people.

As for bucks nights, what happened to the good ole Pub crawl followed by handcuffing your mate to a lamp post, half or fully naked!
that sounds like a very good night!!!!
Uncle Niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post
Old 08-02-2012, 02:14 PM   #11
trippytaka
FF.Com.Au Hardcore

You could always say you have another prior engagement, drop in for a beer at the start and bail after an hour - and pay for the beers yourself.
trippytaka is offline   Reply With Quote Multi-Quote with this Post